All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
To Beaglelover from another "Old Lady"
      #20785 - 09/15/03 02:55 PM
JAZMom

Reged: 07/09/03

Hi!

I read your post from the other day and just thought I'd let you know you are not alone! I am 44 years young also and have 3 boys, of which two are under the age of 5 - sounds fun, doesn't it! I had also noticed that so many of the gals on this board are young. I guess I can only be happy for them that they have some answers and this board to go to. I have had IBS-D for as long as I can remember. It probably started when I was about 11! I am just so happy to finally be feeling better and even getting out more after all these years! Wish we had all this info when I was 24! Hope you are feeling good today!

Sharon

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To Beaglelover from another "Old Lady" new
      #20797 - 09/15/03 04:31 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So there are some others my age on this board! Three boys, 2 under the age of 5? That makes me tired just thinking of it. My boys are teenagers now, almost 17 and 18. I am enjoying them, except I think I get less sleep than when they were little. I worry about them now that they have driver's licenses, and I can't go to bed unless they are home. I can't believe one will be in college next year. Time really does fly by. Enjoy yours while they are little and will still give you a hug and a kiss. I have to beg mine for one!

Re: To Beaglelover from another "Old Lady" new
      #20803 - 09/15/03 05:48 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm another "old lady". The teenagers start hugging and kissing you again once they are out of that "stage"--they're now 26 and 24. It was wonderful to be hugged again after the hiatus. One of the boys didn't offer an unsolicited hug for 5 years. Another cool thing that happens is that when they get to be around 20 all of a sudden you're intelligent again.

Busymom, that I can't wait for! Right now, I don't know anything! ---nt-- new
      #20804 - 09/15/03 07:26 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Busymom, that I can't wait for! Right now, I don't know anything! ---nt-- new
      #21237 - 09/19/03 01:26 PM
busymom

One of my most cherished moments was when my then 20 year old son called from college to tell me, "Mom, you were right!" "What about?" replied I. "EVERYTHING!" quoth he, "How did you know all that stuff about life and everything?" Hee Hee. That was 6 years ago and I still bask in my recovered intelligence.

Another wonderful thing is when they have bills and their own place and responsibilities and out of the clear blue they call you to tell you thank you for all the things you did for them, and thank you for raising them, and affirm that you did a good job. Then you float around for a few days! Just hang in there--those days will be here before you know it!

Re: Busymom, that I can't wait for! Right now, I don't know anything! ---nt-- new
      #21242 - 09/19/03 01:44 PM
JAZMom

Reged: 07/09/03

Oh my god. I can only hope that will happen for me one day. Right now my 11 year old thinks I am just the worst, and my 2 and 5 year olds can't do anything without me. If some day I can hear those words, it will make all these tough years seem even more worth it!

#21262 - 09/19/03 06:02 PM
busymom

It DOES make it worthwhile. It's the "paycheck". If only you can just hang in there for twenty years or so you get "paid". My young adult children (three so far in their 20's) are the greatest blessing of my life. They are appreciative friends and sounding boards about things I don't know about.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 832 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1274

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review