All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
The wind is nasty! new
      #225559 - 11/16/05 07:10 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How many times a day do you take the 5 pills? A total of how many pills per day?

I thought I was eating enough fiber, but I don't know anymore. I usually get 2 fruits and 2 veggies a day.

Let me know how your thyroid test comes back!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ruchie, re: Benefiber powder new
      #225574 - 11/16/05 09:07 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

1 tsp. of Benefiber would equal 1g SF.
1 tbsp. of Benefiber powder equals 3g SF.

You might want to try at least 1 tbsp. to start with.

Kate.

16 degrees!!! new
      #225615 - 11/17/05 06:47 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I take Benefiber three times a day. So now I'd be taking...15 pills I guess? On a good day. Usually probably only 10. cause I usually forget either lunch or dinner.

I looked at some common stuff I eat to see how much fiber there is: whole wheat bread, apples, yogurt, oatmeal, veggies....I don't have the same food restrictions as a lot of people so maybe that's why I can eat more fiber in my food????

--------------------

Kate? new
      #225616 - 11/17/05 06:49 AM
epa_ginger

So you take Benefiber powder, do you think that's more economical than the pills? I take the pills, cause it's easier for me, but I'm worried that I will break the bank with buying them. I do have powder at home, I haven't opened it yet, and I haven't compared the total fiber/bottle.....

--------------------

Re: Ginger new
      #225639 - 11/17/05 08:55 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, I take Benefiber powder. I have a high sensitivity to sweeteners. I get it from CostCo. A bottle contains 42 doses.

1 Tablespoon of Benefiber powder = 3g SF

Like Acacia, it mixes well in foods, too.

Try it, perhaps?

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Kate~ new
      #225645 - 11/17/05 09:06 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Do you think the sweetener in Citrucel could be contributing to my reflux?? I am not tolerating it very well right now, except for in the morning. I thought about switching to Benefiber because of the Citrucel's choking hazard anyway. I get kind of nauseated when I take my fiber, now, and I'm afraid of throwing it up.
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Kate~ new
      #225646 - 11/17/05 09:08 AM
anlikerm

How can I switch?? Did you experience more gas and bloating when you started taking it?? How many TBS do you take a day??
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Kate! new
      #225650 - 11/17/05 09:13 AM
epa_ginger

Well, ok then, I think 1 tbsp powder = 6 caplets. Can that be right?? That would mean 60 "servings" in the powder (going by the bigger bottle stats) vs. 26 "servings" in the caplets (160 caplets/6).
Does this make sense?? if so, I'm REALLY wasting money on the caplets. And the price is the same!! Eeek!! Tell me if my math makes sense.

Also, how much do you take at a time? How much do you think I could dissolve in a full glass of water? (12 oz, roughly). Thanks!

--------------------

Choking hazard?!?! new
      #225651 - 11/17/05 09:14 AM
epa_ginger

I don't take Citrucel, but what the heck...choking hazard? Scary!

--------------------

Re: Choking hazard?!?! new
      #225656 - 11/17/05 09:20 AM
anlikerm

I read the back of the bottle one time after I took it and had gotten really nauseated just to see what it said about nausea and vomiting. It says it is a "potential" choking hazard, like metamucil, because it thickens up and can potentially swell in your throat. And with my hiatal hernia being so bad lately, I get nauseated alot and it says on the back of the bottle that if you experience nausea after taking it to seek immediate medical attention. It freaks me out, pretty bad, when I take it now.

I want to switch to one that doesn't have the choking hazard. I tried Acacia and it made me blow up like a blimp, even just on little doses. I tried Fiber Choice and it made my D worse, but I didn't have any gas really (oddly enough).....So, now I want to try Benefiber. I already bought the caplets, I just haven't made the switch, yet, because I'm afraid of blowing up like a blimp again. All that gas makes me nauseous.
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1234 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26538

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review