All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
uh-oh / thermacare patch question
      #206586 - 08/18/05 05:08 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

getting that 'will it be an attack? will i be fine?' feeling in my stomach. aside from a little gas i was fine all day, and have been fine for a good while. what sucks is i'm home tonight, so first of all, i shouldn't get an attack, and second of all, it shouldn't matter, but i'm having a meeting with my theatre company in half an hour. not that they're not good friends i trust and love, but not an opportune time to get sick.

i just sat down to write a cover letter for a job i really really want. maybe it's that. or the stress about the reading that the meeting's about. or maybe there's no reason at all.

took two gas-ex and a donnatol, and am half way through a mug of peppermint tea. i guess that's all i can do. maybe i'll throw on a thermacare patch. those can be preventative, right?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: uh-oh / thermacare patch question new
      #206593 - 08/18/05 05:39 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

heat therapy really works for me.....I have a bean bag that I heat up...I haven't yet tried the therma patch...but I am sure it'll have the same results...get well soon!

#206627 - 08/18/05 08:05 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Yeah, how did your meeting go? How much do those patches cost anyway (sitting here with non-IBS related cramps thinking one of those would feel really good right now!)

#206685 - 08/19/05 06:57 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I love them!! If I have to go out to eat I always take one with me- they seem to calm my stomach cramps- I also like them when I travel-

#206700 - 08/19/05 07:30 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

thanks everyone. everything turned out okay - whether it was the tea, the meds, or the heat, the attack was averted. (i always wish i could try just one thing to head off an attack so i can learn what works, but i never want to take the risk of trying the one that doesn't work.)

the thermacare patches are a little pricey - i don't recall exactly, but i think it's between $8 and $11 for a box of three. but they are really wonderful and worth it.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#207328 - 08/21/05 09:01 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

If by 'non IBS related cramps', you mean menstrual cramps, that's what they were actually designed for. Thermacare has heat pads for back pain, shoulder pain & menstrual cramps. The ones for menstrual cramps do WONDERS for IBS pain as well. The only thing I've worried about is that on the package it says to use for only 8 hrs at a time, & I'm not sure why. I've used one overnight & then replaced it with a new one the next day. Hope I'm not doing any damage!

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

#207332 - 08/21/05 09:05 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Yeah, that's what I meant. I can't imagine they would do any damage. Maybe skin irritation after a while if you're sensitive? I'm going to have to check these out for sure!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1299

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review