All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pain in my lower left stomach which spreads to the back
      #206500 - 08/18/05 12:29 PM
SharonG

Reged: 08/18/05

I was in a very stressful job for many years and ended up with stomach problems. I have been working with a nutrionist and I am taking Digest Gold (which has been a lifesaver). Sometimes I eat the wrong foods and they are fine and then sometimes (like this week) they are not fine. I end up with a lot of pain in my left side which circulates around to my back. I also have loose bowels during that time and feel really blah! I probably have IBS, but do not want to go to a doctor, because all they do is fill you full of other things that don't do me well. I can't even take a Tylonol without having stomach problems, which I think is part of my attack now. I had a neck problem last week and had to take Tylonol and now I suffer. Do I make any sense at all, I just really feel bad. I am a 64 year old woman and I want to feel good for the rest of my life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pain in my lower left stomach which spreads to the back new
      #206525 - 08/18/05 01:37 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the boards.

I am 60 and my IBS(D) started around menopause. Fortunately mine is not as severe as some of the others on the boards.

From what you said it sounds like it could be trapped gas. Have you tried OTC Phazyme. That really helps me. Also for the "D" Imodium is a lifesaver.

Be sure and take the Tylenol with food.

Also, you might want to eat safe foods during an attack, like rice, potatoes, bread, pasta. Stay away from gas producing foods like beans, broccoli, dairy & cola. Stay away from fatty foods and eat small portions. Keep a food journal to help you figure out what foods are bothering you.

Check anything you eat or drink or even gum to be sure there is no Sorbitol or Mannitol in them. (big trigger)

Browse the boards and I'm sure you will find lots of helpful info.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: barbie/IBS-D, menopause onset new
      #206553 - 08/18/05 03:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

barbie:

You peaked my curiousity with your comment re: your IBS-D and its menopausal onset. Ditto for me! (I'm 31, and menopausal!) Interesting connection.

Kate.

#206563 - 08/18/05 04:00 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I use to get stomach and back pain...severe ones right before I had to get my galbladder removed. This was three years ago. As a result I now have IBS...go figure!

#206568 - 08/18/05 04:09 PM
SharonG

Thanks Barbie, I think it is trapped gas as I feel like I am bloated and it is painful. I will try your suggestions. Thanks so much for your time. Sharon

#206571 - 08/18/05 04:14 PM
SharonG

That is a bummer! Both of my sisters and my mother had gall bladder operations and several of my friends. I almost died during knee surgery in 1970 and I am really scared of operations. I will always go the natural way as much as possible because both of my sisters and my mother had to still watch what they ate and yet they still have problems. So, I will continue to go the natural way. Thanks for letting me share.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review