All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
i know these topics have been talked about over and over...but i forget
      #206397 - 08/18/05 08:10 AM
KellyAnn21

Reged: 11/12/04
Loc: PA

I wanted to say thanks soo much for all those who responded to my post about going away to college next week and what foods to and not to eat. I already made a new foodlist, so I'll be all ready. About SFS....is Benefiber safe or not? I read one post that it was, and another that it wasnt...I like that the best because it doesn't taste like anything. Another thing..I am taking Calcium vitamins..and then multivitamins...is that okay?? And what cereals are safe to eat??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: i know these topics have been talked about over and over...but i forget new
      #206398 - 08/18/05 08:16 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Benefiber powder is safe. The powder is what I use. And I would think the new caplets would be, too.

The chewable Benefiber tablets, however, are not safe. They have artificial sugar...sorbitol, I believe.

#206399 - 08/18/05 08:17 AM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there. If you use the search measure on the bottom of the page, you should find many threads that you may find useful. Cheers.

#206413 - 08/18/05 08:46 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, KellyAnn! I just wanted to let you know that a lot of the answers to the questions you asked have been provided by Heather on the main HelpforIBS page under IBS Diet & Recipes. You can also do a search on the boards for previous posts. Just a friendly reminder.

I think each person has their own tolerance to each SFS. Some people can use Benefiber, some can't. Some prefer Metamucil, others prefer Acacia. So, if Benefiber is working for you, that's what matters. I also use Benefiber and haven't had a problem with it.

The same with multivitamins. Vitamin C is the most problematic for people with IBS-D since it has a laxative effect. But if you've been taking a multivitamin with no problems, then why stop it?

Crispix, Cheerios, Corn Pops are some of the cereals that most people have listed as safe for them. If you go to the list of posts on the main IBS Diet Board, you'll see one post by Heather with a red tack called "Brand Name Recommendations for IBS-Safe Foods."

I hope this helps! Good luck at college!

It works for me! new
      #206425 - 08/18/05 09:14 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I take the caplets regularly, because I'm too lazy to mix the powder (and don't want to lug it to work and to restaurants). But I have the powder at home and it does taste like nothing. So either one of those are good. And it's helped me a LOT.

--------------------

#206629 - 08/18/05 08:12 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I have been living off rice chex lately. (Well, not really but I sure am eating a lot of it. And the cool thing is you can get it as a generic.) That's so exciting that you are going off to school! You are going to have such a blast.

#206636 - 08/18/05 08:59 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

One easy thing to cook for yourself in a microwave is instant mashed potatoes. Buy the plain potato flakes, add just enough water to make them wet and heat it up. I usually add some greek salad dressing after they are cooked. Another idea is canned food. I'm stuck on peas right now. If you want to get more IF into your diet, buy canned beans and top them with a sauce that you like and tolerate. Sometimes I put a spicy peanut sauce on kidney beans, very yummy and filling and only takes a few minutes to make!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 816 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review