All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ALOE IS FINE!!!!
      #205235 - 08/13/05 12:09 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

As previously mentioned, aloe in moderation is absolutely fine. There is no conclusive data to support any long-term colonic ailments. The artice Heather mentioned represents one particular study, and i'd really be interested to get a look at the FDA data. There are an equal amount of studies, if not more, that suggest aloe is beneficial in small doses when taken internally. As with everything else you put in your system, there is a fine line between moderation and habitual use. I am a scientist working in natural products development and assure you all that aloe is completely safe. Even the peppermint oil, which is heavily advertised on this website, has been under scrutiny for many years. Remeber - ALL ABOUT MODERATION

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sidewalker...what is your experience with IBS? new
      #205241 - 08/13/05 12:49 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Do you have it or have you studied it in anyway? If you are unfamiliar with IBS which is different than simple constipation then you should familiarize yourself with it.

I am not here to get into a philosophical discussion or debate with you. People here speak from personal experience and IBS is not a cookie cutter disease.

Please be certain that you are informed about IBS before you start making claims.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sidewalker...what is your experience with IBS? new
      #205242 - 08/13/05 01:09 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

oh come on, there's nothing wrong with a little philosophy on a saturday afternoon.

yep I have had IBS for years, my mother has had it most of her life, i know lots of people who have it and i have studied and researched it extensively.

Also, i wasn't being critical of this website and peoples experiences, I just wasn't crazy about that article that heather posted and how all of a sudden aloe is suddenly not safe and everyone should stop taking it...that's all i meant by that.

Edited by Sidewalker (08/13/05 01:31 PM)

DITTO! new
      #205251 - 08/13/05 01:28 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

It sure hasn't been fine for me - or anyone I know new
      #205290 - 08/13/05 05:11 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

maybe it is - if you only use it once or twice in tiny amounts. The couple of times I tried it - I got D - big time. Maybe that's just me -- but I doubt it since I have heard it on here before. Also - you said in moderation and not habitual. However - habitual means making a habit of something -- and in order to see any change - you really do have to use something regularly -- not just once or twice.

Ummm at the risk of starting something.... new
      #205298 - 08/13/05 06:31 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

and please guys don't come down on me too hard but I've been taking Lifestream Aloe Vera juice (which is the inner leaf juice only) for ages. I mostly suffer from violent D and pain and while it is certainly not a cure I've found it to be quite helpful. It is also helping my GERD a LOT. I take 20ml twice a day and sometimes take one that also includes Manuka Honey which can also be beneficial. I haven't found it to give me D at all which the outer leaf gel can (and definately does). So I feel sidewinder has a point and as you all know I have been suffering with IBS my whole life

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 880 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review