All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Salt
      #204293 - 08/10/05 12:46 PM
JLR

Reged: 07/25/05

Salt really bothers me. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Salt new
      #204302 - 08/10/05 01:23 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Well, the simple answer is "Don't eat it", but I assume you're looking for something more than that - I'm just not quite sure what. If you want suggestions for substitutes, you could probably do a Google search on something like "salt substitute" or "salt substitute high blood pressure" and see what's out there. A zillion years ago, when I was young, a lot of people used Mrs. Dash Seasonings. I've never tried them and I don't know if they still make them.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Salt new
      #204303 - 08/10/05 01:31 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Do you mean salt aggravates your IBS? Or does it affect your health in other ways?

Here's a link to a recent post ShellMarr provided about salt and sodium (the first part is about salt and weight, but there's more information about sodium and health if you scroll down): Salt & Sodium

If you're avoiding salt and looking for a substitute, something to add a little flavor to your meals, I'd recommend Mrs. Dash's seasoning blends. I don't know if your IBS makes you sensitive to any spices, but here's a link to product information and ingredients: Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends.

Take care.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 327

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review