All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
My IBS story
      #204181 - 08/10/05 09:31 AM
scahays

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: washington

I found this website july 2005. Since then I have been very carefully trying to follow the diet. It took about 2 weeks (just as Jennifer said it would for my problems) for me to start seeing results. After that, I continued to feel better and lose weight. To make a long story short, in 9 months I lost 40 lbs and have been maintaining for 5 months. I feel better than I have in years and it's great finally knowing how to control my diet.
I am very thankful for where I am today. I never dreamed I'd be 125lbs and feeling good!!
The road wasn't easy, but it was well worth it!
Good luck to those of you just starting the diet, and to those of you who have grown accustom to this lifestyle.
Chantel Hays

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My IBS story new
      #204185 - 08/10/05 09:38 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

chantel,

congratulations! that's some great progress. was your weight loss just from following the diet (and exercise), or was there more to it than that?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#204187 - 08/10/05 09:39 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm glad to hear that the IBS diet is working for you! Keep up the good work!

#204190 - 08/10/05 09:40 AM
scahays

Just following the diet. Lots of pretzels and home made bread.
Chantel

#204193 - 08/10/05 09:49 AM
jaime g

i'm hoping i'll have the same sort of luck. cutting out cheese, fatty foods, cooking for myself so much more - it's gotta do something, right?

--------------------
jaime

great job! new
      #204215 - 08/10/05 10:23 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I'm new to this, but I love the success stories. I'm sure it will help me in my quest to feeling better. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

#204504 - 08/11/05 08:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

That's good to hear - both your IBS relief and your weight loss.

Heather's diet has been a great for my IBS, but I haven't lost weight on it. Would you feel comfortable listing what you eat during the course of a typical day or two? If not posting it, then maybe emailing it to me at sand2113@yahoo.com. I'm not looking for precise measurements, just some idea of what you're eating throughout the day to keep your IBS under control and your weight down. If you do, thanks in advance; if not, I'll understand.

Congratulations again on doing so well.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#204527 - 08/11/05 08:51 AM
jaime g

i would actually love to see some of that, too.

--------------------
jaime

Re: My IBS story...my daily diet new
      #204529 - 08/11/05 08:54 AM
scahays

I have no problem sharing my diet. I hope it will help you and others too.

Before breakfast: 1 full glass hot water (this really seems to help my IBS)

Breakfast: 1/2 bagel with soy cream cheese first, then 1/3 cup shredded mini wheats with soy milk (I've found the mini wheats also very helpful with the ibs probs, but they can't be eaten on an empty stomache.) I sometimes have a vitamix shake instead of the shredded wheat.

Lunch: I usually have some sort of chicken wrap for lunch. I use canned chicken on them most of the time with an assortment of other ingreadients ( avacado, cilantro, thin sliced onion, soy cream cheese, black olives, honey mustard, rice, and anything else that sounds good, or is left over from the night before)I normally eat a handful or two of pretzels with the chicken wrap.

snack: graham crackers, pretzels, baked lays,or a slice of home made bread would be a normal snack for me.

Dinner: We have alot of grilled chicken. That, a baked potatoe, some veggies, and home made bread. If I fix my guys something that I can't eat for dinner, I just have another chicken wrap, I love them!

I also eat a bite of chocolate almost every day. I keep hershey bars in the freezer and have my one square after either lunch or dinner. Everyone knows they are mine and they don't touch them without asking first

I bake alot. I have tried substituting egg beaters for eggs, applesauce for oil, soy milk, ect. in cookies and pies and a nuber of other things. Somethings turn out better than others. We need to have a treat sometimes.

Well, I hope this will be helpful to you, although I have been told that I have a high metabilism so I might get by with eating a little more than some others do.

Good luck,
Chantel

Dumb question, but what is... new
      #204534 - 08/11/05 09:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

a chicken "wrap"? I've heard of these but not sure what they are! What is a good brand wrap to use?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3602

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review