All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
corn on the cob... new
      #203791 - 08/09/05 07:30 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I seriously stopped eating corn 7 or 8 years ago because it would always come out as D and still whole (TMI I know)

however... I finally gave in and tried corn a few weeks ago and I've ate if four times successfully! I'm so happy because corn from massachusetts is phenomenal!

If you can eat corn I definitly reccomend carefully unpeeling the leaves and removing the silk inside the corn. Rub the corn with a little soy butter/or margarine if you can handle it and sprinkle with mccormicks garlic and herb seasoning or sundried tomato seasonings. Then, cover the corn with the leaves that you have carefully pulled down and stick it on the grill!! IT SO YUMMY. Grilled corn is phenomenal. Obviously when its done, husk the entire corn and voila!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Okay, I know this is suppose to be about foods we can eat, ... new
      #203793 - 08/09/05 07:36 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Cyndy, if the Boards are really upsetting you, maybe you should take a break from them for a week or two, go just by what Heather says, and see how you do. I've said before that if I tried to go by what's on the Boards when I was first beginning the diet, I would never have gotten started.

The Boards are great, but one of their primary purposes is to talk about "life on the edge", where people's idiosyncratic reactions to food bump up against the diet. If you're twitchy about what you're eating, maybe going back to the source document - Heather's pure unadulterated recommendations - would help. That way you only have to worry about one person's advice. (Sort of the ultimate extension of my "pick your guru" approach.)

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Let's celebrate the things we can eat!! new
      #203796 - 08/09/05 07:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Oh, yeah, popcorn. I haven't tried movie popcorn yet, but I can handle the stuff I make myself. Soy Ice Cream, yum. And the last couple of weeks, fruit: watermelon, strawberries, cherries, peaches, pears. And I've even had corn on the cob a couple of times.

Nice idea, Passanie. Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#203821 - 08/09/05 08:22 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Excellent idea, Passanie!

Here's my list:

instant oatmeal

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars

peanut butter sandwiches

asparagus, broccoli, carrots (steamed or boiled)

Haagen Dazs sorbet (chocolate, strawberry, lemon)

Chinese food (chicken or shrimp and vegetables w/ rice)

small amounts of chopped tomatoes and onions on rice and beans

black bean dip

canned pineapple chunks mixed with bananas

small order of BK French fries once a month

Edited by Maria!Maria! (08/09/05 08:23 AM)

#203829 - 08/09/05 08:42 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

The thing for me that I hated giving up was ice cream and cheese. I can every now and then eat both. I try not to eat to much but every once in a while I will eat it. I love it. I am pretty stable but do have my moments so I try and watch what I eat. I am going on 9 months with no attack and feeling pretty good. I only have three more months to go until I have been attack free for a year and am pretty excited about that fact.

--------------------
Michelle

Cyndy... new
      #203833 - 08/09/05 08:51 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

IBS is such an individual malady that one has to treat themselves and not worry about others. I can eat eggs but many others can't, I seem to tolerate cofee but others do not. Casey can eat corn on the cob...just thinking about corn on the cob makes my stomach hurt.

You CANNOT really go by what others do...this is all about trial and error for you as an individual. Start with the basics and slowly add things, keeping a good diary until you figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Then press on...

I hope this helps...

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

No, I think it's great to celebrate success! new
      #203835 - 08/09/05 08:56 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

That's why I was so excited to see this positive aspect thread!

I wasn't expecting a "problem" food to be posted on such a positive subject. I thought the warning of "possible depression" meant that we might get depressed that we weren't able to eat some of the foods...not that the thread would include bad reactions to foods.

I'll just shut up now! Didn't mean to cause a stir.
Thanks.

Maybe that's a good idea Sand... new
      #203837 - 08/09/05 08:59 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Like I said further down, I just wasn't expecting a negative reaction to be included in this post, so I thought this one would help me...I already try to "screen" my readings and not open up any that I think might confuse me any more.

Maybe I'll just step away for a while.

YES!! new
      #203843 - 08/09/05 09:13 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Grilled corn is AWESOME. If you ever don't feel like doing the seasonings, just soak the entire ear - husk, silk and all - in cold water for an hour before you grill it. Then throw it on the grill, and I swear, it will be the juiciest, tenderest corn you've ever had. (And bonus, you didn't have to turn on the stove! Heh.)

We're still waiting for the local corn... but wherever it's been coming from so far this summer, it's been DELICIOUS.

Cyndy, don't get PARANOID!!!
      #203848 - 08/09/05 09:18 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Seriously, this thread is about personal celebrations re: food successes. Note also that what works for one person totally messes up another individual's day! If I want to hyper-analyze (ANAL-yze) my BLUEBERRY issue, than that's my problem--I do have better things to do with myself!!!

So, honestly...celebrate and enjoy what you can eat and your food successes in terms of your IBS. It does improve, Cyndy! But, I understand if sophistry is your passion. Incidentally--and don't take this hyper-personally or as insult, because it's positively intended--do you have OCD? Have you tried Heather's hypno. series or hypno./NLP in general? Just curious.

Now...MAYBE I'LL GO EAT SOME BLUEBERRIES so I have something
to blame for a crappy day!

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51292

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review