All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Did a search, still lost!
      #203687 - 08/08/05 05:54 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I did a search on acid reflux and found tons of info but not what I'm looking for. I want to know if there is anything I can do to stop the burning in my esophagus and throat once it starts. I quit using the peppermint tablets but now the "digestive enzyme, Omnigest EZ" is causing the same reflux burning. I tried fennel tea, a small bagel and now I just want this irritating pain to go away! Any suggestions would be welcomed. This reflux is new to me, not a problem I've had in the past.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Franny... new
      #203694 - 08/08/05 07:13 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Have you tried taking Zantac? It's available over the counter at the chemist and should help. Also avoid really acidic foods. I take Nexium for mine but it's only available on prescription from your doctor over here. Hope this helps and hope it goes away, it's awful.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Franny... new
      #203695 - 08/08/05 07:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Franny:

I highly recommend seeing your M.D. re: a medication/proton pump inhibitor for acid reflux/GERDS.

Kate.

Thanks Kate and Amy new
      #203709 - 08/08/05 08:49 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I used to take Prevacid but I really didn't have GERD back then. The doc gave it to me in combination with Hyoscymine for my bowel problems. I'll talk to my doc about that again. Still take the Hyoscymine but dropped the Prevacid awhile ago. Thanks again for your advice.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Re: Thanks Kate and Amy new
      #203747 - 08/09/05 03:33 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Seriously, it makes a huge difference. I've recently been diagnosed with H.Pylori and an ulcer and my M.D. put me on Pariet and some anti-biotics and I'm feeling much much much better...although the anti-biotics really do a number on you, D-wise! (Nothing that a little Immodium or Pepto. can't help!)

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4547 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review