All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not so stable anymore... back on the fiber wagon!
      #203444 - 08/07/05 10:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

My stomach has been big time bad for the past little while (I am assuming due to stress mostly, and some poor food choices as well) and I have been just trying to ignore it, but now that I am hoping to start working full time again I know I need to get it back under control.
I am having D, a lot of pain and big time bloat (can wear different belt loops day to day!).
The last time I saw the GI doc, she gave me a thing to take Metamucil wafers and Adrian went out and got them for me. If he hadn't gone to get them, I would have just started back on some Prodium that I already had but I thought I would try it since we had it.
So far, no change but it's only been one day!
Since it has been so long that I have posted for tummy advice and the pain has been really bad, I just thought I'd ask what people are doing for pain in case there is anything I'd forgotten about or if anyone has tried any new ideas!
I am taking immodium every day now, and would really like to NOT have to take it anymore but I do have quite a long commute if I get this job to start Tuesday so will have to be big time safe until then!

Thanks guys!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not so stable anymore... back on the fiber wagon! new
      #203451 - 08/07/05 10:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I don't have much advice but just wanted to wish you luck in getting better soon. My belly is always in pain. At the worst points or if I have to go somewhere I take Buscopan and hope it does it's job that day. Are you still drinking the peppermint tea or taking the capsules? I can't remember if you have reflux or not? Anyway, best of luck from me and keep us updated on how you're going with it all

--------------------
Amy

Ah, bucospan... new
      #203453 - 08/07/05 10:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

how I love thee!
You know, my doctor in the UK gave me a bunch of pills and told me they were pretty strong. I only took maybe 2, because they make me sleepy and my doc said to only take them if I really needed to.
Since this most recent 'flare up', I have taken 3 in the last few days. They do help the pain, but they do also make me tired and stuff.

Apparently, I do have reflux. I still drink peppermint tea after safe meals and don't get many problems. Don't take the capsules, though, as they bother me.

Thanks Amy!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Not so stable anymore... back on the fiber wagon! new
      #203467 - 08/08/05 02:31 AM
LisaRae

Reged: 07/18/05
Loc: Atlanta Ga

I take lomotil. If I have more than two BM a day I take it because after two I know it will not stop. If you have another after the first pill, then take a second. It is pres only but works great. Also I learned when you are having a D day take your electrolytes. I drink Pedicatric electrolyte by the Kroger brand. Made for kids but it taste good and I hate gatoraid. I still have frequent attacks but they last like 12 hours. If anyone has nause like I do during attacks I have a great med for that. It is a compound, just let me know and I will give you the info.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3657 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 841

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review