All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Putting pressure on her ear totally eliminates her IBS
      #203366 - 08/07/05 03:34 PM
lockett

Reged: 08/07/05

Hi I dont know which forum to put this in for the people with IBS so Ill let the moderator move it to where it belongs.

I told a woman I met on the internet who had Crohns that I and another man had reduced our autoimmune gut symptoms to zero-his was colitis (as long as we didnt use any immune suppressant meds-which almost all colitis and Crohns sufferers do and it doesnt work if the person is so I didnt post this there-I tell about the IBS person below) by just applying mild pressure in our ear with a part of a cotton ball which evidently stimulates the immune system in a beneficial way and she tried it and reported that within a week she was also virtually symptom free of her Crohns.

But she also said her daughter tried it for her long standing IBS and reported that whenever she wore the cotton ball she got zero symptoms from her IBS and when she did not wear it it came back. As I remember the daughter told her mother that the elimination was immediate, not the week it took the mother for her Crohns to die down.

I found out recently that the type we started with which was conventional ordinary cotton balls no longer work because all ordinary cotton balls now use genetically engineered cotton and the body doesnt react to them in the desired way and so I switched to organic which I can buy at any health food market which are not genetically modified and they work great.

This describes what we did.

Put slight or mild pressure against the spot in one ear (either ear-one at a time) that spot being right next to the beginning of the ear canal where the end of my fingertip would touch if I inserted my forefinger ( index finger )into my ear as far as it can go.

This can be accomplished in several ways. With the fingertip of course but thats too tedious. So I use a piece of cotton to create the same pressure as the fingertip would. Synthetic objects dont work nor do conventional cotton balls as I just mentioned since they all contain genetically engineered cotton nowadays which doesnt work as the body responds to it like it was a synthetic which in a way it is.

I keep checking it to make sure it hasnt come away from the spot next to the ear canal. I dont make it so big as to be uncomfortable but big enough to recreate the mild fingertip pressure, somewhere between a marble and a pea in size, but larger that a pea sized which is to insubstantial.

Those of us who used it for Crohns and COlitis used it 24 hours a day but I dont know it the IBS person had to wear it 24 hours a day or just during and a number of hours after eating.

Regards Lockett

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Putting pressure on her ear totally eliminates her IBS new
      #204245 - 08/10/05 10:45 AM
Phil-AZ

Reged: 04/16/05
Loc: Sunny AZ

This is very interesting. Perhaps it is some sort of Accupressure meridian that is activated??

Do you have a link to more information on this?

--------------------
Phil

#204276 - 08/10/05 11:56 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

What did you use to put in your ear. Are there some type of "organic" cotton balls?

I'm a little hesistant to believe this, but it is worth a shot!

thanks,
Bethany

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

#229922 - 12/07/05 01:57 PM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

Accupressure is what leaps to my mind when I read this too.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

#230143 - 12/08/05 11:45 AM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

OK, I tried it. It did help with the cramping, but I still got nauseous, a little gas, and D. Maybe I don't have the ball in the right place...

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4985 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1525

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review