All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Saying Goodbye, perhaps I'll be back...
      #203268 - 08/06/05 10:05 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

My partner in life Wes and I had a long chat on the couch tonight. He has been feeling neglected by me, since I sit here at a PC and focus so much on IBS related materials. I know that at some level I am obsessed with finding a cure, finding something that will help me like it did someone else. So far, the things that have in some cases "cured" (0r put symptoms into remission) like Paxil and tons of soluble fiber have made no difference. Changing my diet has made no real difference. As an IBS-A, NOTHING has really stopped the swing of the clock's pendulum back and forth.

Well, my partner said that he thinks this is all very unhealthy for me mentally, to be focusing on this all the time. Yes, my body does keep reminding me, but he also has chronic health issues (breathing problems that can be very serious like an asthma attack at times), but he does NOT obsess on it like I do IBS. He thinks my mental attitude and perhaps physical health might improve if I leave the internet alone for awhile.

So I promised him I would do that. Instead of reading about some stranger's poop consistency, I snuggled on the couch and we watched a classic old PBS program MAPP & LUCIA. Great old fashioned fun.

So I am saying Happy Trails to you from the proud South West, from the 4th largest city in the USA, Phoenix, with the highest temperatures in 50 states, coyotes running around my house after dark, and lots of saguaro cacti waving at me as I drive by.

God help us all to survive this scourge. God help someone brilliant in the medical field to find "the answer" that will make it all fall into place. Let someone rich and famous (like Jerry Lewis) start a nationwide telethon for IBS, to educate everyone about it, and get some money rolling since the Federal Government has BILLIONS for mass murder in Iraq, but pennies for this and stem cell research and other programs that would benefit countless generations after us.

Take care of each other - don't spread opinion as fact (regarding what foods are good or bad), and keep a sense of humor. Most humor comes from pain, so the IBS family should be quite a hilarious bunch!!!

Hey! I got a call today from my agency for a modeling job. Don't know who the client is yet, or where the pictures might show up, but if it is something beyond the local area, I'll let you all know where to see me. So far my big claim to international fame was being on a sign board on Bell Avenue in Phoenix holding a can of malt liquer while the text was in Spanish (that culture seems to adore blonde men!!).

Bye for now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Saying Goodbye, perhaps I'll be back... new
      #203269 - 08/06/05 10:23 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I posted this originally on another IBS Board, but thought it was so wacky that some folks here might relate.
------------------------
Geez, I wish when I told someone I had IBS, they'd say "I have it too". I have yet to meet any of those 1 out of 5 people! Most people stare at me blankly, and I realize I have to tell them what IBS stands for, then they don't want to talk about it much because it makes them feel uncomfortable.

So I know no one in "real life" that has IBS but me, and the people on the internet. It sure would be nice to have a friend who has this, someone I could share a rice cake with over hot peppermint tea.

My pet theory is that everyone with IBS includes alien hybrid blood that makes us more intelligent (in some way) from other people. However, it has the unpleasant side effect of giving us IBS. So if the alien invasion starts, and the government wants to identify all the human-alien hybrids on earth, say "NO!" if asked if you have IBS, or it might be "up against the wall" time.

The preceding was intentionally silly, in case that wasn't obvious. Other times I want to just get really tough - get leather jackets and motorcycles and put pins through our noses and become the tough IBS Boys! Don't mess with their s**t, man! Think of the rap songs we could make up, but what rhymes with Donatel?

I can see it now, being forced up against a cop car being frisked and asked about that "white stuff" and answering "Hey, it's Heather's Acacia Tummy Food, man. It ain't mine. I don't know how it got there! And those Peppermint caps ain't mine either."

My mind just flashed on the old Michael Jackson video in the subway "I'm Bad". I can see a remake "I'm IBS-D" and the entire video would be shot in a subway rest room with the professional dancers hopping from toilet to toilet, slamming those cubicle doors in time to the beat.

Yeah, I better go to bed. You know what? I have never dreamed about IBS. I think that is a good sign. And remember, in heaven there are no toilets so this crap stops at death.

#203271 - 08/06/05 11:30 PM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

Your Buddy might have a point. As for being thrown up against a cop car,Having been a cop in NY I would have to say they would be on our side. I never met a cop worth his salt that did not have a bad gut.
Good Luck and God Bless until and if you return. I think I will hang in awhile myself so we'll keep a light on for you.

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

I too agree that he may have a point.... new
      #203283 - 08/07/05 06:20 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

for me, eating non-trigger foods has become a way of life. I have eaten for my IBS before I even knew what it was as my stomach would be in pain when I ate the wrong things.

I do better when I am not thinking about it all the time...I rarely hang out on this board anymore, a former poster wore me out. I hang out in the living room as the stories are often funny...often sad and there are those darned cute pictures of people, their children...their pets.

When I first learned that my ailment had a name I became obsessed and my stomach got worse. I now eat properly and try not to freak when my stomach goes nuts and try to let the attack pass.

I wish you well...

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#203302 - 08/07/05 08:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I can certainly understand wanting to spend more time with your real life love. Good luck with everything and if you wander back this way again, stop in and say "Hi".

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I can't quite say why but ... new
      #203305 - 08/07/05 08:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

for some reason this post (Poochibelly's) is making me very uncomfortable. I don't think hanging out on the IBS Diet Board is a sign of obsession any more than hanging out on the Living Room Board is nor do I think that there's anything intrinsically wrong with hanging out in either place, both places, or neither place. Maybe I'm reading stuff into your post that isn't there, but I really don't see the point of coming here to post that you don't come here.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#203309 - 08/07/05 09:35 AM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Awwww - it is true sadness when a friend says goodbye. Especially one as entertaining as you. You are a strong presence on this board and we are all going to miss you. My husband began feeling the same way as your partner. Now, I really only go on the boards in the morning when the house is blissfully sleeping, or during the day when he is at work. I too obsess about IBS - it's hard not to. The pain and multiple bathroom trips (or lack there of) are with us 24/7. It takes a lot of energy and strength to NOT thik about it, to not obsess over it. Usually, in my obsessive moments I will just have a nice, quiet conversation with God.

Remember, it is still ok to come drop us a line once in awhile. Like you said, you don't meet people on the street with IBS - at least I don't. These folks are the only people in the world who will truely know what it is like to be in your shoes. That, in and of itself, brings comfort.

I wish you all the best and hey, if you ever come through the Houston area, maybe we can catch a show at the Lakewood Church. I hear it's FABULOUS!

--------------------
Dana

I was speaking only for myself.... new
      #203310 - 08/07/05 09:38 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I take anal retentive to another level than most and have OCD to a point as well. I cannot tell you how many times I check to see if I unplugged my hot rollers before leaving the house!

Thank goodness for automatic shut off on irons and coffee makers.

My intent was to speak only for myself and no one else. I could understand what Anthem was saying as I could relate. I think worrying over IBS can make it worse as is certainly has for me.

Nothing "written between the lines"...

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

You do have a point... new
      #203317 - 08/07/05 10:26 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I did find that the last notch in my journey to stability was to make myself live as normal of a life as possible. There's a certain amount of healing that happens when you accept a chronic condition and learn to live with it, rather than focusing all your time and energy on eliminating something that can't be eliminated.

I wish you good luck (yay on the modeling job!), good health, and lots of good times with your sweetie. Your sense of humor will be GREATLY missed. Drop by anytime.

#203323 - 08/07/05 11:13 AM

Unregistered

You have to do what is right for you but I will miss your posts - your wonderful sense of humour and the way you always seem to be able to say the right thing.
I do not think it means we obssess because we spend time on these boards but your relationship should come first.
Hope you will decided to continue to visit the boards but maybe less often.
(does this mean we are losing you from the other site? - that was where you always had the right words to say especially to some of the posters who either didn't have ibs or were "idiots".)
All the best

Judith

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 639 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6559

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review