Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Saying Goodbye, perhaps I'll be back... new
      #203325 - 08/07/05 11:31 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Anthem,

Like the others said, it is sad to lose a poster BUT if you are leaving here to pursue more happiness in other aspects of your life then of course we will support you!
I think that people deal with chronic conditions in all kinds of different ways, and it certainly is easy to get obsessed with them.
I find, for myself personally, that one thing that makes me feel like I have control over the IBS is when I come here and help other people. I can see how some people might not feel the same way, though.

I really hope that your tummy treats you well, that your boyfriend treats you well and that life in general is very kind to you!
Good luck, Anthem!!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I tend to have this problem too, Rachel new
      #203407 - 08/07/05 07:04 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I have OCD as well and, yes, I am often late for work because I have to go back and actually feel the outlet to make sure things are turned off!

I have become very obsessed with the diet "rules" and fear any food that people post they have a problem with. The inconsistencies also drive me crazy. For example, I find it nerve wracking when some people say bananas are their safe food while others say bananas give them severe cramps and pain. I need yes and no, black and white rules! This increases my stress incredibly.

I think I probably spend too much time on the boards as well. And sometimes it interfers with my job, or I make mistakes at work as I try and finish fast so I can jump on the boards. Not good when something is interferring with other things in your life.

I think the obsessive personalities we have can be detrimental in combination with the board! Often I think that my obsession makes my stomach worse. And, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it has. Yet, I still keep trying to find the answer by logging on... I am addicted and urgently still trying to find the answer to what I am missing in my search to feel better. I don't know if that is wise or stupid! Is the board helping me or hurting me? I don't honestly know. What I do know for sure is I have met some awesome people who will be part of my life forever.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth... new
      #203471 - 08/08/05 05:25 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

focus on what works for you and don't worry about anyone else. If bananas work for you great...if not, remove them from your food list and move on to the next thing. That is what works best for me...

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#203475 - 08/08/05 05:59 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Good luck- just wanted to say that I am an A and have been suffering with IBS for years and started plain old psyllium husk powder from the health food shop over a month ago and its reallllly helping me...another potential help for you! Really, good luck with everything!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Aww, Anthem, new
      #203505 - 08/08/05 08:53 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I fully understand why you need to go, but I wish you wouldn't! You're so neat to talk to.

I would like to some day get to the point where I don't think about my IBS all the time either. unfortunately, because I have been stable and loved it, I'm seeking that again and won't rest till I find it!

Good luck to you. You are a great man.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#203512 - 08/08/05 09:09 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Goodbye for now, Anthem. We'll miss your humour! We wish you all the best - and for sure, post anything that you do for modeling! Wes is a lucky person you hunk you! I hope you do check in on us once in a while.
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

But I don't know what works for me.. new
      #203539 - 08/08/05 10:09 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

because I'm always having symptoms of pain, bloat, gas, and of course constipation. It's hard to tell if a particular food is a problem food for me when I always hurt.

That's why I keep trying to eliminate all the foods people list as problem foods.

I don't know what my problem is...am I this incompetent? I know I have a brain...but for some reason I can't get a handle on this. Too much overanalyzing?

Maybe coffee would work for me...who knows anymore!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#203554 - 08/08/05 10:24 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Well I'm definitely sad to see you go - as others have said, your sense of humour is such a welcome lift on the boards! But of course if you need to focus on more important things in your life then by all means do so! I too found that leading the most-normal-as-possible life with this chronic illness has been a really important factor in getting somewhat stable...

Anway good health and happiness to you sir! Hope you do at least stop by now and then

Interesting for two reasons! new
      #203576 - 08/08/05 10:54 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

My husband said something very similar to me not long ago, and he also has a chronic lung problem! He said I was letting my IBS control me and I wasn't controlling it! I didn't come off the boards, but I did quit obsessing about everything I put into my mouth and whether or not it came out right! Helped tremendously!!! I also hang out more in the living room than on the diet board and find it much more fun! Hope you'll hang around!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

great point bamagirl! new
      #203584 - 08/08/05 11:10 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

its obvious that Stress is a big factor in IBS!

this got me thinking and it totally makes sense that when you obsess about everything you eat and worry about your diet so much you're probably more likely to give yourself stomach problems as a result.

I would bet that you're more successful now because you don't let it take over your life, causing you less stress. I know it sounds backwards but I think its true. I've kinda just kept going about my business the past year or two, and although I still get attacks, I don't let them get me down or obsess over them. If i'm in kmart.. I have an attack in kmart and thats that. I find that when I sit at home worrying about having an attack I have one. But more often than not when I just grab the proverbial bull by the horns and do what I want to do i'm less likely to have an attack (and I think a large part of it is because I'm not obsessing over when my next attack will occur).

good luck with everything anthem! I hope that the break will help your ibs.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6657

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review