All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Desperate for some advice!
      #202105 - 08/03/05 11:59 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I am continuing to have problems and have an appointment with a new GI doc for a second opinion - but it's not until the end of August. I am having pain, urgency, and some D every time I eat. One thing I need suggestions for is clothes. In order to get through this month, I am going to need to buy some decent looking pants with elastic waistbands (like yoga pants). For those of you that have these, could you tell me where you bought them? I am having a hard time finding any (that don't totally look like sweatpants - I need to wear them to work).

I am drinking lots of fennel tea and taking Heather's peppermint caps. So far I have not found any Rx drugs to be helpful, so I feel like it's pointless to ask for one of those in the meantime. A couple of years ago I was primarily C, so this switch to D is alarming me

I don't have access to a working computer at home - a major reason I have not been posting much the past few months - but I will check back as often as I can.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

pants new
      #202108 - 08/03/05 12:11 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

old navy is wonderful for yoga pants - i live in mine. also, this might just be a trendy nyc thing, but i keep seeing women in these new "gaucho" pants - they're all elasticy work-out clothing material, snug around the hips (elastic waist), but really loose in the legs, and usually capris. i don't know where they come from, but they look really nice, so they'd be good for work.

maybe a lady footlocker or place like that would be able to help - their gym clothes often come in very nice-looking materials.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Here's an old post that may help new
      #202111 - 08/03/05 12:29 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

We all vented about this problem before! Bloat and pants

How are the peppermint caps working for you?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Here's an old post that may help new
      #202134 - 08/03/05 01:13 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I find that elastic pants hurt, drawstring are better. i go for low rise/low waist work pants. When i was in th US i got a great worksuit in banana republic with a low waist

--------------------
S.

#202177 - 08/03/05 03:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

how long are you trying to get better? Are you sticking to the breaking the cycle diet still? I found that adding foods one by one really helped get me back on track rather than sticking to plain rice etc (thanks Casey for the tip)
Casey did a fantastic post last year,just after I joined the boards and I think you should check it out- its safe but not bland food for if you are so bored of the breaking the cycle diet but afraid to branch out
Casey's post Check it out and check in here with any questions

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (08/03/05 04:52 PM)

Re: pants new
      #202270 - 08/03/05 08:57 PM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Those pants are really popular here in Hawaii, too.

Yoga pants new
      #202416 - 08/04/05 12:10 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Blue Canoe has excellent yoga wear that look good. They're a bit pricey, but good quality. I'm sure they have a website. Good luck!

#211058 - 09/05/05 11:46 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my post last month. I am still having problems with the computer at home and it's not very easy for me to get on the boards at work (too busy!!).

I went to the second GI doctor this past week and he thinks I definitely have IBS. He's running a couple more tests that my first GI doc didn't just to be safe. He told me not to eat any dairy (I was still eating some cheese because I thought it didn't bother me) and he actually recommended peppermint caps! I have been following Heather's diet religiously for a week now (no cheating), and I honestly have to say that I am doing much better already. I have half-heartedly "followed" it for the past few years, but never completely. I guess I've been in denial about this whole IBS thing

The peppermint caps seem to be helping (helps to take them regularly, instead of only once in awhile!). My only complaint about them is that I sometimes get this awful "peppermint reflux". I have problems with acid reflux anyway though - I've been taking Zantac every day for about a year now.

I've also started the Hypnotherapy program again. I tried to do it last year, but I kept getting off schedule and got frustrated. This time, I'm trying to stick with it. I definitely think this is helping me too.

I really appreciate everyone's input - sorry it took so long to reply . I'll try to post more often in the future!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review