All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Ruchie new
      #202300 - 08/04/05 05:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The quality and availability of organic foods over where you are may well be really different from here... and affect the taste, for sure. The only organic produce here ("here" meaning anywhere in the northeast that I've lived) arrives underripe, is so insanely priced that it sits in the supermarket till it rots, and doesn't taste ANY different to me at all.

But that doesn't mean it's "just you". I wouldn't be surprised if you just got MUCH better produce over there.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Generally, I find that organic... new
      #202302 - 08/04/05 06:07 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

...foods taste better. However, it does depend on the locale of it's growth and shipping and shelf time.

Sometimes, it does not taste better, when considering that factor.

Kate.

Re: Ruchie new
      #202353 - 08/04/05 09:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

That makes a LOT of sense Casey!!

I've never had such yummy tasting carrots as the ones I buy here at Whole Foods...and the best part is, they're cheaper than WalMart's carrots!

All I'm buying really these days are fruits, veggies, rice pasta/rice cakes, dried beans, nut butter, and Imagine Soups. But I STILL can't afford to buy everything organic (oh, that's my food...hubby eats loads of pasta, potatoes, mayo, cereal/milk, rice and beans, potato chips/cookies/clif bars/granola and breakfast bars, oatmeal, meat/fish, stuff like that...totaly different diets!) So...as much as I would like to buy organic all the time, it's NOT happening!!

I love that I go to the store and things might be local grown...more often than not they're California grown though! But it's much better than say living in NY and getting your produce from FL!!

Sorry for the ramble

*hugs* Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks to everyone! new
      #202830 - 08/05/05 10:52 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

As you can see, the results show that an overwhelming 92% of the stable people do not eat organic poultry, eggs, or fruit and veggies.

This really surprised me. It's good, because it will save me loads on my grocery bill...but bad because I thought this might be the reason I haven't found relief yet. Hopefully, my answer will come in a cheaper method than eating organic!

I would love to support the organic farmers and do believe that organics are healthier, but I just am not able to pay the expensive prices. One day, maybe we will be able to get healthier food without going broke.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1825 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4230

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review