All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
A quick poll for those who have found "stability"
      #201992 - 08/03/05 07:08 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I am wondering if you all eat primarily organic and feel that this has helped you to become better. So, what better way than a poll!

Eating Organic and effects on symptoms
yes, I eat all organic foods and feel it helps
I eat mostly all organic and believe it helps
I try to eat only organic fruits and veggies, but not other organic products and believe it helps
I eat organic chicken and eggs, but conventional produce and believe it helps
I don't eat organic foods and don't believe they effect my IBS

View the results for this poll

Thank you. If you want to make any comments, please feel free to post. I've always been curious as to whether the cost is worth the benefit...or if there is a benefit. There are so many pesticides, I'm concerned about my sensitive body!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Note: This poll is for those who ARE feeling better!-nt new
      #202007 - 08/03/05 07:39 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Re: A quick poll for those who have found "stability" new
      #202036 - 08/03/05 08:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't deliberately NOT eat organic - I just don't pay much attention to it one way or the other. I think I tend to end up with organic chicken just because that's what my grocery store often carries.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#202058 - 08/03/05 09:18 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I voted that I don't eat organic but I can't really say for sure whether or not they would help my ibs, simply because I've never really been able to eat organic exlusively for any long period of time!

Honestly, if I could afford it, I would eat organic. Not principally because it would help my IBS but because I think it's healthier in general (less chemicals and stuff) and better for the environment, local economies etc... if it helped my IBS, hey! That would be a pretty nifty bonus

But I simply can't afford it right now. I'm really in a place in my life right now where I buy the CHEAPEST items on the shelf And that's really never organic...

#202061 - 08/03/05 09:33 AM
jblake

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: East Coast, USA

It's not that I don't try to eat organic but I am in a very small town where the two grocery stores we have don't carry organic items. We are probably lucky to have some dairy- free and soy items (Veggie brand items). We do have one HFS but they are limited in what they carry. How I would love to shop at an organic food store, but the only one I know is 80 miles away. I do go there on ocassion but not on a regular basis. I don't know if eating organic foods would help or not. I have never had the opportunity to try eating organic for a long period of time.

#202067 - 08/03/05 09:51 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I note that when I am stable, I am eating predominantly organic foods. Also, I have significantly less allergy attacks.

Kate, IBS-D.

#202068 - 08/03/05 10:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't eat organic at all. I honestly don't believe it affects my symptoms at all whether I do or not - obviously, since I consider myself stable - and I refuse to pay 3 times as much for produce that looks and tastes exactly the same as the cheaper stuff. As for the rest, we can't even GET organic poultry, eggs or dairy here, as far as I can tell.

If I eat ANYTHING organic, it's stuff I've grown myself... but there's none of that this year, so... nope!

#202070 - 08/03/05 10:05 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I am the same way. The chicken I like is organic, but that's because it's packaged the way I like it. I sometimes buy organic eggs, but again,it's because they are packaged the right way. I do read labels, though. (But don't we all?)

Wow, I just took at the results so far... new
      #202128 - 08/03/05 12:56 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...and I'm surprised, and relieved, to see how many stable people don't eat organic!

I would love to eat organic, but the prices are outrageous and it is difficult to find.

It is good to see that this is not totally necessary to feel better. But don't you all worry about the pesticides and what they may be doing with out sensitive guts? There does seem to be a lot more GI problems with all these chemicals being used.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#202144 - 08/03/05 01:36 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I can't find organic poultry here at all -- ditto for fish and seafood of all kinds. Veggies are rare and VERY expensive. I don't even have room for a garden now that we moved unless it is in small pots -- so I don't bother with organic. I bought some things at first -- but I truly couldn't tell a difference -- and it wasn't worth the price to me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 525 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4222

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review