All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
yeah new
      #202159 - 08/03/05 02:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just can't pay the prices for organic. I do grow my own organic veggies/herbs and use all natural fertilizer and all that.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A quick poll for those who have found "stability" new
      #202180 - 08/03/05 03:54 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Great poll! I love those things. To tell you the truth I cant even say that I have actually ever went out and bought "organic" food! I am a college student so I can't really afford it.haha Would love to try it but don't see to have the time and I don't really even think about it. I think my success so far has been because of Digestive Advantage and I eat what I want!

IBS- A to IBS-C 9 years(doing alot better now for about 3 weeks!)

Nope, I just don't even give it a second thought. -nt- new
      #202192 - 08/03/05 04:46 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

#202193 - 08/03/05 04:47 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

This is an interesting poll but sort of strange to me. Who made the assumption that being stable was somehow related to organic food? It might have been more interesting to do a poll and then ask people what they attribute their stability to, so we'd all learn what worked for different people. My dad, for example, never had IBS, but he ascribes his longevity (96 years old) to a glass of Peppermint Scnapps every evening while playing Bridge at the Senior Center!

I believe it's because... new
      #202195 - 08/03/05 04:49 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know for sure, because I don't own the books, but I *think* Heather recommends eating organic whenever possible, in her books... that's where this is coming from.

An ex's great-grandmother attributed her longevity (she was 101 at the time) to hot peppers every day. I say these old-timers know what they're talking about!

Re: Availability, Canada, prices, etc. new
      #202211 - 08/03/05 05:34 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Maybe it's me, but it seems like the prices and availability of organic food is better in Canada, or at least in Ontario.
Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Availability, Canada, prices, etc. new
      #202231 - 08/03/05 05:57 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I might have to agree Wind. Our "regular" grocery stores have an organic produce section that is part of the other produce and when you look at the prices they are not that much more. I have not seen such a thing in the US, mind you I have only been in grocery stores in Michigan and I was not specifically looking for organic foods. My grandma and aunt buy organic and the prices they pay are outrageous especially for meat. I buy as much as I can afford, I do not specifically shop organic but I do look for foods with the least amount of additives and unpronouncable hidden ingredients on the label. I am very allergic to msg and I am weary of them changing the name so that it is not easily recognized as an ingredient.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#202277 - 08/03/05 09:55 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Well, I'm mostly stable. But I don't ALWAYS eat organic so I can't say that's the reason.

BUT I definately DO notice a taste difference! I juice daily and when I use organic carrots they taste MUCH better than the ones I buy from the regular store that aren't organic.

Does anyone else find organic just tastes better..or is it just me?

Sorry if I didn't help with the poll...I just can't say honestly because I just don't know!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

neither do I...nt new
      #202280 - 08/03/05 10:09 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Me neither! -nt new
      #202295 - 08/04/05 05:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1459 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4230

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review