All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wind and Retrograde: my shopping today!
      #201870 - 08/02/05 04:08 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Just thought since you both are Canadian and I bought a couple new things tonight that I would tell you about them.

Wind: Koolaid now makes Koolaid Sport in pouches with Electrolytes- advertises that on the front of the box. They come in a box of ten for around $3.00 and I got Cherry Spike to try. There are about 6 other flavours as well. It is good but my first experience with pouches was not fun lol, the straw didn't go in all the way and it started leaking on me

Retrograde: It is weird that you posted on turkey jerky because I had been looking for something like that to try recently as well. In my wandering through Zehr's tonight I found Schneider's Turkey Pepperettes, in the refrigerated section with the regular beef pepperettes and lunch meats, etc. They were $2.99 a package.

If you have tried Fruit to go bars I bought some Organic Apricot ones and they are really yummy 4 for $2.00

Anyway, have a good day and happy snacking!!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

betharoo...that was very thoughtful of you *hugs* new
      #201881 - 08/02/05 05:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

What a nice thing...to be thinking of your fellow Canadians and to post to them!!! Right on!

4 oz. rice pasta with tom. sauce and some with squash soup

Not NEARLY enough wter, better go grab some

2 glasses of juice (one was green apples the other celery, carrot, and golden delicious apple).

Dinner? Maybe more soup...perhaps a nap instead? The meds make me wanna zzzzzzzzzz!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Wind and Retrograde: my shopping today! new
      #201884 - 08/02/05 05:10 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Wow! Where did you find the Kool Aid Electrolyte packets?
Have you tried the P.C. "zippy fruit" snacks? (They're like
Fruit-to-Go) I love them. Also, on the weekend, I bought some wicked organic fruit bars made by "Kettle Valley." The Rocky Mountain Berry Blend is my favourite, followed by a cranberry one. (Ingredients: Organic apples, blackberry, saskatoon berry, and/or blueberry concentrates, natural flavour, natural colour.) The ingredients for the P.C. "zippy fruit" are: apples (peeled), natural flavour, concentrated juices (apple, strawberry, lemon), purple carrot and red beet juice extract for colour, citric acid.)

Thanks for sharing notes re: your loot. (I have both a zehrs and sobeys store within 6 minutes of my place.)
Kate, IBS-D.

Re: aww thanks Ruchie hugs back at ya!! n/t new
      #201894 - 08/02/05 05:40 PM
Betharoo

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Wind new
      #201898 - 08/02/05 05:46 PM
Betharoo

I'll have to try the zippy fruit ones I saw them on the same stand as fruit to go.

I got the Koolaid Sport at Zehr's as well.

Zehr's is within walking distance to me and Sobey's is pretty close as well although I drive to both lol. I never shopped at Sobey's until recently when I moved to this city. Their bakery is gooood so I get my bread and kaisers there. Zehr's bread always tastes so stale and yucky to me.

TTYL and Take Care!

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Wind and Retrograde: my shopping today! new
      #201915 - 08/02/05 07:18 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Thanks Beth!! You rock

I'll defitinitely check out both Zehrs and the superstore now for my quest for turkey jerky and related products

I loooove the fruit-to-go banana flavour (actually, eating it right now lol ) but I've never seen it in apricot! I will surely keep my eyes open for that.

Thanks again!

Re: Kool Aid Sport new
      #201919 - 08/02/05 07:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Thanks! I just zipped out to Sobey's for more of that Fennel Rooibos tea I adore passionately (and some blueberries and Gatorade) I saw some KOOL AID ELECTROLYTE freezies. I'll try some next time I go out--I didn't like the flavours in the last box they had out. I still couldn't find the Kool Aid Sport; next time when I'm more in the mood to look versus dash in and out as fast as possible.

Take care! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!
Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review