All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
too long since chem class - sorry i wrongly corrected about chloride before -nt- new
      #200864 - 07/29/05 11:44 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I was just gonna say... new
      #200873 - 07/29/05 12:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Last week I wanted to save a buck and bought the store-brand "equivalent" of Gatorade... never again! The ingredients were the same, but the flavor definitely wasn't. Blech.

Re: Salt, salt, and salt... new
      #200957 - 07/29/05 03:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I really don't know. I just wondered if you ate enough salt since you said you were low. I am not sure if sea salt is not doing enough. I know it is less salty tasting but that doesn't mean anything. I personally think kosher salt tastes best.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Salt, salt, and salt... new
      #200958 - 07/29/05 03:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just a thought....don't know if it is good or not... can you tolerate pickles or at least the juice? they are loaded with sodium...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Salt, salt, and salt...SHELL new
      #200979 - 07/29/05 05:47 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I can't stomach pickles, but...and I know this is due to mega low electrolytes...I have been known to drink pickle juice/water--even pour it in a glass and stick my straw in it or use it in one of my impromptu "cross-your-fingers" creations. I've been known to suck a pickle. I eat mustard and if I'm spun, I need to squirt things on my food just to get something in me. But I just can't eat pickles. I'm going to pick up some kosher salt and see if that makes a difference. I've been doing reg. Gatorade, today, and sampling different sports drinks and I FEEL BETTER!!! I've been drinking unreconstituted soup/broth.

Any ideas re: condiments? I noticed that they have a HUGE amount of sodium. Also...stupid things like Jello. When I'm totally up the creek I crave jello and now I know why. I crave egg whites to put salt on and they have tons of sodium. Same with converted/instant rice.

I'm keeping my eyes open. The soup aisle, though, is full of sodium.

Re: Salt, salt, and salt...Little Minnie new
      #200980 - 07/29/05 05:49 PM
Wind

I'll try the kosher salt. Obviously the sea salt isn't doing enough. I feel tons better with the Gatorade and the veg. stock/broth. It's a start.

Thanks,
Kate.

Re: Gatorade and Sports/electrolyte drinks new
      #201007 - 07/29/05 08:28 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Wind, I drink the Gatorade ICE orange(it is clear). It prob won't help you the way you need it to if you diluted it but I do dilute mine with water because it is too much for me. I have tried Grape Propel and here in Canada it didn't contain any artificial sweeteners unless I am losing it (which could be possible). I haven't seen Smartwater that everyone on here talks about, not in Ontario anyway. Right now I am hugely addicted to Fruite flavoured water it has no artificial sweeteners and contains at least half the sugar of other drinks but I don't believe it has electrolytes?

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Betharoo, thanks! new
      #201091 - 07/30/05 02:23 PM
Wind

I've been doing the Gatorade and feel less "wobbly" and "woozy" and lightheaded/faint/spacey/nauseated. I think I like the blue ones best.

I looked at the Fruite--you're right; it doesn't contain electrolytes. I tried the Propel and it doesn't appear to have sweeteners in Canada. If I dilute the Gatorade, it's with Schweppes club soda or seltzer which is quite high sodium (over 80mg/cup). I'm just trying a bunch of things right now.

I appreciate you're input.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Betharoo, thanks!- no prob Wind- good luck n/t new
      #201129 - 07/30/05 09:07 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1094 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review