All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Finally went to doctor
      #20021 - 09/09/03 08:14 AM
tinam

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Florida

Hi everyone. I haven't been on for awhile because I was so sick. In the bathroom 15-25 times per day. Stopped eating all together. Started to dehydrate. Went to Doctor's finally. On month three of constant diarreah. Very depressing. Can't leave the house if I eat. Anyway, I want to thank all of you for your support. My Mother showed up yesterday and kidnapped me and took me to the Doctor. They took blood and stool samples. He gave me Bentyl to take. I do not have any kind of infection in my stomach so that is out. I have to have an Ultrasound on Friday and will find out results of tests for colitus, crohn's, thyroid problems etc. I am afraid to find out. I have gotten continually worse and lost at least 15 lbs. so far. If the Doctor doesn't find anything it will mean time for the scopes...........Oh well. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Has anyone else ever had episodes lasting for months? Or do you all think this is something else?
Blessings,
Tina

--------------------
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; Psalm 55:22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Finally went to doctor new
      #20022 - 09/09/03 08:17 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Tina,

I am sorry to hear you are having such an awful time! It's good to hear you are going to the doctor to get some tests done, hopefully he will be able to get you on the road to recovery.

I haven't had problems like this before so unfortunately I won't be able to answer your questions. But I still wanted to reply to offer you my encouragement.

Stay strong, keep your chin up and stay positive.

I hope you start feeling better soon. And remember to keep us posted.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20023 - 09/09/03 08:32 AM
tinam

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Florida

Thanks for the support Lana Marie. I don't think I would have gone if it weren't for my Mom. I know I wouldn't have done ALL that they asked me to yesterday if I had my car there. I would have bolted. But I do feel a sense of peace now. At least I will find out something.

I pray for all of you too.

Blessings,
Tina

--------------------
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; Psalm 55:22

#20039 - 09/09/03 09:49 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Tina!

It is good that you went. Don't be afraid. I know it's scary going through all of the tests, but try not to be. Once you get through them all, you will feel so much better. It really is a great relief on the mind to have things ruled out. And, if they do find something, you can begin to take steps to feeling better.

Please keep us posted on how you make out. Good luck with your tests on Friday.

Good for your mom! Praying for you....... new
      #20106 - 09/09/03 04:56 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

....that the Lord will take away your fear. "Cast it upon Him" - as your tag line says. He cares! I think it's in 1st Peter that He says, " Let the Lord have all your worries and concerns because He cares for YOU " - my paraphrase and emphasis.

Praying for a good report - and for relief from the near-constant diarrhea! That must be so fatiguing and discouraging. My younger sister has had a similar history but after "breaking the cycle" she's much, much better - praying it's that way for you, too.

Blessings in Him,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 736

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review