All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
      #1999 - 03/06/03 03:37 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Hey there. Someone recommended this site to me and it's been so great to read recipes for ibs! I was diagnosed about 8 months ago with ibs-d and I have so much to learn. Following my 'gut' instincts is a start but I still have many questions. I have lower back pain, headaches, nausea, migraines and very bad neck pain - could this be ibs related?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie new
      #2007 - 03/06/03 08:35 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I have the nausea, and I guess that is not uncommon, but I have not seen anyone else mention back and neck pain and migraines. That sounds serious

Ginger is good for nausea. A friend of mine says that ginger caplets work pretty good, I was going to pick some up myself.

I have occasional stiff necks, there is a product called "thermacare" you can get - it is a sort of heat pad that you can stick on your neck or back and it stays warm all day. That really helps me.

If the pain is chronic though, I would see a dr...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#2014 - 03/06/03 09:44 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Migraines, yes. Mine are 3 dayers. No matter what I take or what I do it's 3 days.

Re: Newbie - welcome! new
      #2015 - 03/06/03 09:47 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

tlc - Welcome to the IBS family. We're your family away from home!!

The symptoms you mention sound familiar for a few people I know who have IBS, particularly the migraines, headaches and neck pain. The one person who I am thinking of also has fibromyalgia and arthritis and is 58 years old. I don't know how old you are. There are other things I've noticed about people with IBS that are similar: we tend to have obsessive/compulsive urges (I tend to put plastic hangers in color order when they don't have anything on them, I put envelopes when I'm ready to mail them in size order, hang clothes in my closet according to short sleeve, long sleeve, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) I can't tell if I'm being compulsive or if I do it to be organized!

Also, I've noticed that many of us get headaches or migraines. I haven't had a migraine (knock on wood) since I moved to the mountains--and goodness knows, I've had enough stress to cause them. I do talk to myself a lot--maybe that helps.

Have you had these things checked out w/a doc? Xrays, blood tests, etc.?

Heather probably would be able to answer your questions, tho. She's had tons of experience with IBS, especially her own and other people's, and is our resident expert.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

And, don't be shy about asking anything--we're here to help not criticize.

Welcome, again.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2092 - 03/07/03 05:16 AM
tlc

Sharon,

Thank you so much for the kind words, reassurance and support. I am a 26 year old female who was diagnosed with ibsd last year after an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Prior to that I went to a neurologist for my migranes and am on endep for it. It tends to help, though whenever I am stressed or worried, rest assured I'm nauseaus and with a migraine.

As for the obsessive compulsive - you've got me thinking on this one! I do have a pet nitpick that toilet rolls have to be on the right way - if not, I'll change them! hehe

A lot of people have said eliminate certain foods from my diet. So far I've removed quite a lot of fats, carbonated drinks etc. I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Also - I don't know if I'm lactose intolerant or not, but I have really bad reactions when I have flavoured milks, yoghurt and eggs. Ewwww....

Once again, thanks so much!

#2093 - 03/07/03 05:17 AM
tlc

I agree with you there! If I get one, I'm out of commission for a few days usually. Or at least I have the dull pains. Most of it stems from my neck I think??

#2094 - 03/07/03 05:19 AM
tlc

Thanks for the tip. I've seen a neurologist about it and I"m on medication for it (preventative stuff to take every night) though it doesn't always work.

I've tried so many different types of medicine for it, but this is the only thing that seems to work a little for me.

Re: Newbie - welcome! - where to look... new
      #2100 - 03/07/03 07:24 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

tlc - Hi again. Go to the top of this page where it says "IBS Links" and read, read, read. You'll find just about everything you want to know about IBS and what to eat and not eat, etc., etc.

Yeah, I'm the same way with TP rolls. Weird isn't it?
Have fun reading and good luck.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2127 - 03/07/03 04:41 PM
Judi

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Florida

I get migrains, and I think maybe you're right... obsessive, but I really think it's easier to put things in proper order. I try fiorinal but imitrex helps. Expensive so I cut in half. I also think it has to run its course. My mother had them, but her migraines stopped after menopause. I'm 70 so guess I never had the change. Ha ha.

#2144 - 03/08/03 03:34 AM
tlc

Hi Judi,

I haven't heard of the medication you are on. I"m on endep and it's very cheap! $10 lasts me 2 months and I"m on one per night.

Hope things improve for you. Migraines are not nice!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9067

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review