All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
what is everyones safest breakfast?
      #199285 - 07/25/05 06:42 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I'm going to keep trying until I find a diet that keeps me stable and I want to start with a safe breakfast. What would you guys reccommend for a safe insolible and solible, low fat or fat free, not too many carbs or much sugar..maybe with vitamins...breakfast? I do good with white toast and jam as long as I didn't eat something bad right before bed. I don't want white toast every morning though. thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what is everyones safest breakfast? new
      #199288 - 07/25/05 06:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cream of rice has got to be the safest breakfast. It doesn't have much for vitamins though. I have cream of wheat each morning and it is so soothing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#199297 - 07/25/05 07:17 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I have 2 safest breakfasts.

My usual is plain oatmeal made with 1 c. soymilk with a half cup of peaches or pears thrown in.

Safe breakfast two is rice crispies with 1 c. soy milk and a banana or one of the fruits above.

Sometimes I throw in a handful of low-fat granola with either.

#199303 - 07/25/05 07:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I eat oatmeal with fruit just about every morning. Lately it's been strawberries and blueberries, but sometimes I do fresh peeled peaches instead, and if my tummy is "iffy" I play it safe and use a banana instead. I cook the fruit right with the oatmeal in the microwave, and then top it with a little soy milk. It's never bothered me at all.

#199319 - 07/25/05 09:31 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Do you add the fruit to plain oatmeal? I'm intrigued!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Me too. new
      #199326 - 07/26/05 12:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well except that I use instant oatmeal and make it with boiling water. I switch to bananas only on iffy days too. Oatmeal is GREAT for vitamins. I stopped taking a B vitamin as there was no point if I was having oatmeal everyday.

Another oatmeal addict here... new
      #199375 - 07/26/05 07:56 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I looooove oatmeal! (usually have it twice a day )

I have it every morning usually baked (in the microwave) with applesauce and loads of cinnamon, and if you want to add a bit of fat I usually chop some almonds in there too. I have it with some scrambled egg whites and that works great for me.

However my morning always starts with a cup of tea with acacia and a small bowl of hot applesauce (my 'pre-breakfast'!).

Breakfast of champions new
      #199452 - 07/26/05 10:37 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Decaf coffee! I drink it lukewarm and I wash down my morning imodium, calcium pills, codiene and donnatal with it. Oatmeal's a major trigger for me. It gives me D, so I call it "OUTmeal." LOL!

~nelly~

Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199457 - 07/26/05 10:51 AM
atomic rose

It's been mentioned on and off, but since I'm another person who eats a "pre-breakfast", I figured I'd mention it again!

I've found that no matter WHAT I eat, no matter how safe it is, if I eat it first thing in the morning, I have a D attack. Even if I stay awake for a while and then eat... same result. I have to eat a little something first thing, and then wait about 1/2 hour, and THEN eat breakfast. In my case, I usually eat a couple of tea biscuits (they're very plain and not at all sweet) or a few crackers. Oatmeal and fruit follows safely after that.

If you find yourself having problems in the morning, give "pre-breakfast" a try! It really worked to help me stabilize.

#199463 - 07/26/05 11:18 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Weekdays: white toast with safe margarine, honey and cinnamon.

Weekends: blueberry or banana pancakes with soy bacon.

Re: Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199470 - 07/26/05 11:39 AM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

i also usually have a pre-breakfast of applesauce, but i'm a C so it conversely helps me go in the mornings after i get something in my stomach to stimulate my system. funny how our bodies can be so alike, yet so different!

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

#199493 - 07/26/05 12:28 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Breakfast for me is half a bagel with fruit or pumpkin puree and a cherry cornbread muffin (Heather's blueberry nutmeg cornbread recipe, with chopped cherries subbed and made into muffins instead of bread....the blueberries are fine too, it's just my Trader Joe's was out of frozen blueberries last time I was there). It may be a little much for most people, but during the week, I walk a mile and a half to campus from home within 15 minutes of eating breakfast.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Wait, Nelly new
      #199495 - 07/26/05 12:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You can drink coffee, but you can't eat oatmeal? Or are you just being Nelly Silly?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

CathS--What do you eat following the Applesauce? new
      #199497 - 07/26/05 12:37 PM
Augie

Since you are a C, I'm interested! I only thought of a pre-breakfast as a safety precaution for D or A people. Never thought a SF base could help a C person. Interesting.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199515 - 07/26/05 01:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Applesauce or banana is my NUMBER ONE safest breakfast, too. If it's a really rocky/shakey day--I eat a lot of applesauce/bananas/papaya. (Note: initially I ate 3 or 4 bananas/day)
Kate, IBS-D.

It's true! new
      #199557 - 07/26/05 02:53 PM
Nelly

Nope, I've quit caffiene but I do drink decaf coffee. I know there are trace amounts of caffiene in it, but it doesn't bother me. Not like sodas and 93 octane coffee used to anyway!

The oats in the oatmeal are too much fiber for me. I can drink the whay ("Oatmeal runoff" water), but I can't handle even a teaspoon of the regular oatmeal. It makes me have D big time.

But I'm weird like that. I still haven't been able to introduce most vegetal matter-- tomatoes, apples, asperagus, and mangoes all make me cramp up and have D within 1/2 an hour. I really just live off of meat and soluable fiber carbs like pasta, rice and bread. But no oatmeal.

I've been never able to do breakfast, even since I was in 1st grade. I used to fake it for my mom when I was a kid--- putting a bowl in the sink to make it seem like I ate! I get sick if I eat when I get up. I have to wait a couple hours until my tummy calms down!!!

~nelly~

Wow Nel! new
      #199562 - 07/26/05 03:12 PM
Linz

Coffee (even decaf) is SUCH a trigger for me. Doesn't that enzyme bother you? Have you ever gone w/out for a while?

Alike but different... but really alike! new
      #199576 - 07/26/05 03:38 PM
atomic rose

Actually, I've found that my little pre-breakfast snack gets my system working, so to speak, and about half the time, I do have a BM before I get as far as eating breakfast. But it's never a violent attack, like I have if I just sit down to my breakfast without that snack.

Bodies are so quirky! But I'm glad to hear that works for you too!

Re: Breakfast of champions new
      #199622 - 07/26/05 05:10 PM
AerobicsAngel

Thanks for your replies! On weekends I eat bacon eggs..try to only eat whites but sometimes I eat the yoke too, or pancakes...waffles and coffee. But sometimes this can make me feel blahhhh for a few hours so during the week I need something to keep me from starving by lunch because I don't eat much at work, and it has to be something that I can count on. I'd like to stick with toast but I want to NOT eat so much starchy white bread and things. I weigh 110-115lbs...fluctuates and want to keep the fat off that's slowly creeping in. Oatmeal doesn't sit well with me either.

Re: Wait, Nelly new
      #199623 - 07/26/05 05:11 PM
AerobicsAngel

I can drink coffee but not during the week INCASE it sets it off. I tend to get too C when I give it up completely.

Re: Nelly, a woman after my own heart. new
      #199626 - 07/26/05 05:22 PM
Wind

Ditto for me, Nelly--except no codeine. Often, I can't even face the concept of breaking fast until eleven. Just the thought of it makes me lurch. So, I wait until things settle down. At least we're getting our vitamin K! And then breakfast is something fruity. If it's a really bad day, just some applesauce. I'm good with fruits/veggies--if they're safe ones and pureed. I'm not accustomed to grains having been a former raw vegan for many years pre-serious IBS. Also, anything processed/packaged--with a few organic exceptions-- disagrees with me violently and I'm stubborn. I'm formerly a low carber as well.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Wow Nel! new
      #199627 - 07/26/05 05:24 PM
Wind

Don't laugh, Linz. If i don't have coffee, I'll puke.

Kate, IBS-D.

#199649 - 07/26/05 06:11 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

I am *such* a kid. My favorite breakfast is Kix with rice milk. When I am really bad, in fact, I will eat Kix a little at a time all day long. They just seem to be pretty safe for me. I used to drink coffee before I was diagnosed with IBS. I had to have a cup EVERY morning or I'd have a headache by 11 and be nauseated by 12. I gave up coffee and caffiene in general and boy was a ever sick. It was like a constant headache for an entire month! I miss coffee ::sobs::

--------------------

#199673 - 07/26/05 07:45 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Protein shake. Every morning.
8 oz rice milk, 2 tbsp citrucel powder, 1 tbsp rice protein powder (assorted varities), random fruits such as bananas, papayas, mangoes or whatever's in the freezer. Must have bananas in combo as I need at least 1 a day to prevent cramping.

Other substitutes for breakfast like substitutes: 2 egg whites, rice pudding, apple sauce, quinoa.

Can't eat oatmeal either but quinoa w/ apple sauce is YUMMY!

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Breakfast is awful for me too! new
      #199699 - 07/26/05 10:11 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I can't even THINK about eating anything until at least 9:30 or later when I'm at work and my rumbly tummy has settled down. Then I'm starving and limited as to what I can eat at work. Cereal bars and ziploc bags of dry cereal are getting SO old. What do you eat for breakfast?

That's really weird tho... new
      #199724 - 07/27/05 04:32 AM
Linz

...as coffee is a recognized GI irritant, not just something that only messes up some IBSers.

I mean, I drink caffeine as a Fibro med alot atm, but I'm surprised at you guys drinking decaf coffee. How does it help? I'm genuinely curious, not just lecturing!

#199750 - 07/27/05 06:07 AM
Barbara Lynn

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: North Port, FL

Mine is a daily routine of 1/4 cup oatmeal mixed with 2 tbsp of ground flax seed and a half a banana. (Will add other fruits as I become tolerant, but most fruits have been an irritant.)

Warning: work up to 2 tbsp flax, it is pure soluble fiber and like any fiber it needs to be started with a tsp and work up to 2 tbsp. I buy the Golden flax seed for about $3/lb and grind them up in my "old unused" coffee grinder.

I use Acacia fiber the other two meals, but the flax is easy to digest.

A Good Morning to You!
Barb

Re: CathS--What do you eat following the Applesauce? new
      #199769 - 07/27/05 06:50 AM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

I usually eat hot or cold cereal (quaker instant oatmeal, rice krispies (with vanilla soymilk, mmm!) honeycomb and the like). my pre-breakfast of applesauce or a banana is just cuz i'm not hungry when i get up in the mornings so i don't feel like eating a full breakfast yet. but i need to get something in my system to get it moving asap so i dont sit around waiting to go. i usually walk around and do little tasks too to help it along. it usually works pretty well, except when i'm bad the night or nights before and either ate too much or something i shouldn't have (which is more common than i'd like to admit )

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

#199822 - 07/27/05 08:27 AM
vcarter410

Reged: 07/22/05

For me, no breakfast at all on some days. If I do eat breakfast, I cannot eat until after 10.

Re: Breakfast is awful for me too! new
      #199831 - 07/27/05 08:32 AM
vcarter410

Reged: 07/22/05

I am exactly the same. I find that I can tolerate foods better if I eat after 10. I can even have cofee without getting sick if I drink it after 10. No second cups though.

Flax seed - soluble or insoluble? (m) new
      #199864 - 07/27/05 09:04 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I do not think flax seed is pure soluble fiber unless the husk is removed. Please take a look at this recent post of mine for some references.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#199889 - 07/27/05 09:34 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I eat a 1/2 cup of oatbran cooked with 1 1/2 cups of lite soymilk. Sometimes I add fresh blueberry puree, other times I just add cinnamon & brown sugar. It's fantastic.

Oat bran does have a high amount of fiber in it, though, and I'm sure most of it is IF. I'm super, super sensitive to IF, but this doesn't seem to bother me at all. Odd...

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Elizabeth new
      #199902 - 07/27/05 09:41 AM
Augie

The box I saw stated 3 grams SF and 3 grams IF per serving. So, while it is high fiber, the ratio is the same as oatmeal...half and half. There's more SF in it than you think!

Why did you choose this over oatmeal? For the higher fiber content? I have some, but I'm too scared to eat it due to bloating possibility with this much fiber in the am! Especially since I like to add cooked blueberries or other fruit and flax (1 Tablespoon) to my hot cereals.

--------------------
~ Beth

Another pre-breakfast person ... new
      #199922 - 07/27/05 10:00 AM
Sand

or, as I prefer to call it, First Breakfast. Mine is 1/2 cup of applesauce with 1 teaspoon of acacia in it, along with a cup of hot tea. Like AtomicRose, eating anything more "real" than that on an empty stomach will almost always trigger D.

Also, even after my pre-breakfast, I do not tolerate fat as well in the morning as I do later in the day. So, for example, I can eat a piece of Heather's Zucchini Bread for Second Breakfast, but not a piece of her Pumpkin Apple Spice bread. I can also eat a plain bagel with just a thin scraping of Smart Balance Light or a muffin from the Recipe Board or Kree's Super Low Fat Pancakes - anything where the fat level is low and the soluble fiber is very high.

If I'm having an unstable morning, I'll eat the applesauce, then just stick to dry SF cereal - Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Sugar Pops - or plain bread until I get a fair amount of food in my stomach.

Just for the record and for Newbies Who May Be Confused (NWMBC) (and because I'm suddenly feeling very tired): pork bacon, dairy, egg yolks, regular coffee, and decaf coffee are not considered IBS-safe on Heather's diet.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Flax seed - soluble or insoluble? (m) new
      #199944 - 07/27/05 10:34 AM
Fitchick

Reged: 07/20/05
Loc: Naples, FL USA

soluble or insoluble?

What is the difference, and how do they affect IBS or Crohns?

#199983 - 07/27/05 11:07 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

Weekdays: Vans Wheat Free Waffles, usaually cinnamon apple or blueberry flavor. Or a bowl of Cherrios with rice milk.

Weekends: I'll make scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon, pancakes or french toast with a couple slices of oranges on the side.

Good point new
      #199987 - 07/27/05 11:15 AM
Augie

I am amazed at the amount of people listing coffee as their "safe" usual breakfast...even when they aren't stable. Maybe some of you should at least consider removing it from your diet...just to see how you do?

Not lecturing, just something to think about. Unless you are stable, everything, especialy Heathers definite, absolute no no's should be off limits. Just my humble bit of advice for anyone who might be helped by it.

--------------------
~ Beth

Soluble versus Insoluble - Back To Basics (m) new
      #200026 - 07/27/05 12:02 PM
Sand

Soluble versus insoluble fiber is really Heather-IBS 101 and way beyond the scope of a quick Q&A. Read the links that are prerequisites for posting on this Board for an explanation. You can see them on the Main Message Boards page right below the name of this Board in the left-hand column of the grid (if you can't find them, please say so). Also, the sticky posts at the top of page 1 of this Board have still more basic info.

For questions about Crohn's rather than IBS, you might do better on the Crohn's and Colitis Board.

HTH.

--------------------

Edited by Sand (07/27/05 12:16 PM)

Isn't IBS weird? new
      #200037 - 07/27/05 12:17 PM
Linz

If I don't get some SF in me almost as soon as I get up, I do badly!

#200068 - 07/27/05 01:08 PM
Barbara Lynn

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: North Port, FL

I'm sorry and you're right. It's a good source of soluble fiber and Omega 3's, but it's only about 1/3 soluble as someone else pointed out.

My package says soluble fiber source and 8 grams/2 tbsp.

My mind must have been on Acacia and writing about something else. I didn't mean to "talk nonsense". Sorry again.

Re: Isn't IBS weird? new
      #200073 - 07/27/05 01:23 PM
Sand

Okay, I'm not hitting on all cylinders today, so I may be misunderstanding or something. I was trying to say that I must get some very safe SF in me as soon as I get up (that's what my applesauce and acacia is). Is that what you're saying, too?

--------------------

#200074 - 07/27/05 01:25 PM
Linz

Well I don't have an issue with breakfast being a problem (ie. I don't need to do to little pre-brekkies) but only if I don't eat fast enough!

It's okay! new
      #200076 - 07/27/05 01:28 PM
Linz

It's just that we get alot of people recommending stuff wrongly which is very confusing for newbies and you sounded so confident I didn't think you might have made a mistake! And although it's got SF in it, it wouldn't be a good idea for a D for example...Acacia has 15g SF/2 tbsps instead.

Glad that's sorted.

What Linz said and ... new
      #200080 - 07/27/05 01:33 PM
Sand

Mental typo. We all make them. Somewhere on the Boards there's a post of mine where I got so confused about what I was saying that I despaired of ever correcting my errors and changed the text in the post to essentially say, "Never mind. I'm just hopelessly confused and can't possibly dig myself out of this hole."

--------------------

#200154 - 07/27/05 05:31 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I'm the same way Linz - I need to eat as soon as I wake up or else my stomach feels like an emtpy gaping hole that's about to cave in on itself But I can only eat a little bit as soon as I get up - if I try to eat more or if I try to have anything that's not just SF too soon, I can pretty much guarantee an attack (hence, the prebreakfast of applesauce and acacia/tea)

Sigh... my silly, sensitive body, lol...

Re: Elizabeth new
      #200416 - 07/28/05 10:41 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I actually used to eat it before I got IBS. When I started eating clean to fuel my workouts, my trainer suggested I start eating it rather than oatmeal because it makes such a huge amount when cooked, for fewer calories than oatmeal. I also used to eat a bowl a day, and nothing else, when I was struggling with my ED. So, yep, I've had a long history with oat bran

Just in the last couple months, I started making it with soymilk rather than water and it is FANTASTIC! So creamy and delicious for only 116 calories per (uncooked) half cup. I top it with fresh blueberry puree usually, but sometimes I add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice & brown sugar and it's really good!

And one of my favorite reasons for eating it is that I can buy 2lb bags of it at the health food store for less than $2. I keep it in a big rubbermaid cereal container and pour 3 or 4 bags in at once, which lasts me months and months of eating it at least once a day! So it really is cost-effective, too, and is one of my staples when I'm really hungry but can't afford too many calories.

Give it a try, Beth! It doesn't make me bloated at all. In fact, I've been able to control my bloating pretty well by eating my vegetables before I go to bed at night, rather than spreading them out throughout the day as I used to. Something to think about, at least.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#200581 - 07/28/05 02:27 PM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

I do Van's non-dairy, wheat free waffles with fruit or with maple syrup. Sometimes Rice Cereal with rice milk or with Lactaid.

LOL! Ah, coffee new
      #200906 - 07/29/05 01:27 PM
Nelly

Oh, I drink decaf coffee (instant, one cup only! ), cos there are so many things I CAN drink! I can't have anything with fruit or malt or dairy... Normally I'll drink tepid water, decaf, flat sprite, and herbal teas. Occasionally I'll indulge in (no caffiene) orange Fanta, but it makes my mouth, lips and tongue break out if I drink too much.

I agree that too much decaf has a diuretic and laxative effect on me! So I only stick to half a cup in the morning, and another half before lunch. Sounds like I'm not alone!!

~nelly~

You hit on it! new
      #200909 - 07/29/05 01:30 PM
Nelly

Casey gets it! That's exactly why I can't eat in the mornings, because I'll have D, then some more D, etc!

It's true we are alike... as different as we are!!

~nelly~

Re: You hit on it! new
      #200929 - 07/29/05 02:09 PM
Wind

I'm the same way, Nelly. Food before eleven just liquifies!
IBS is bizarre/quirky. Even a banana just melts right through me!!! So, if I consume calories, they're liquid calories.

Kate, IBS-D.

Are you on a gluten free diet LB? new
      #200937 - 07/29/05 02:27 PM
Augie

If so, can I ask why and is it helping you? What happens when you eat gluten?

--------------------
~ Beth

Ugh, eating in the a.m. new
      #200976 - 07/29/05 05:17 PM
Nelly

So nice to know there are people like me!!!!! I get the same thing, food just goes right through me at 1000 mph if I eat before my tum calms down in the a.m! About 10:30, 11:00 is when I can eat.

It gets old when "normals" get on my case about not eating as soon as I jump out of bed. My brother is one of those people who has to eat imediately after he gets up. BF is the same way, and he thinks just because he does it, I should too. Keep your laws off my breakfast, I say!

So glad I don't have to pretend here!

~nelly~

Re: Ugh, eating in the a.m. new
      #200977 - 07/29/05 05:35 PM
Wind

Eating in the a.m., for me too is a HUGE DISASTER!!! Only after 11 a.m. can I even entertain the thought of food and then it's semi-solid/high water! A bowl of processed cereal has made me vomit or gives me D!!! A mere banana early in the a.m. gives me D!!! It's bizarre--but like you, I keep/mind my own breakfast laws and my own plate, TOO!!! (I used to be self-conscious, but my brother of all people gave me the best advice, i.e. just tell 'em to mind their own plate!) (What's on that plate or in that bowl or cup, ends up in the toilet, SOONER or later. I suspect that there's some subconscious mechanism at work. I've been this way my whole entire life. I don't need any more mess to clean up!)
I think I'm going to change my breakfast plan to just sugar water and then have a pre-lunch instead.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Str you on a gluten free diet LB? new
      #200986 - 07/29/05 06:28 PM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

I'm not on a gluten free diet, but I find that having too much wheat bothers me-especially if I eat whole grains, whole wheat..so I try to avoid it.

OMG I always thought I was weird! new
      #200988 - 07/29/05 06:42 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Now I know I'm not. Even thinking about food before 11am sends me straight to the loo. A cup of decaf tea is about all I can handle before that hour (or sometimes I cheat and have a coffee which for some reason doesn't have the same effect as food does ). It's nice to know I'm not alone with this. I've copped so many years of lectures as to why I should eat pretty much the minute I crawl out of bed!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Well I'm afraid it's very boring..... new
      #200994 - 07/29/05 06:57 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I have a frozen Pillsbury Blueberry Waffle that I pop in the toaster oven each morning. I pour a teeny bit of sugar on top for added flavor. Oh and a glass of ice water.

All this is not until 10ish either. I can not wake up and have breakfast. I have to wait a bit. After my Bentyl kicks in

I can totally understand though cause I'm gettin tired of the same old same old. I'm SOOOO afraid to try Lactaid or Soy Milk. I often wonder if I'd do ok with them cause I'd LOVE to eat cereal again in the morning. Maybe someday

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1907 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35967

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review