All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Are you on a gluten free diet LB? new
      #200937 - 07/29/05 02:27 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If so, can I ask why and is it helping you? What happens when you eat gluten?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ugh, eating in the a.m. new
      #200976 - 07/29/05 05:17 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

So nice to know there are people like me!!!!! I get the same thing, food just goes right through me at 1000 mph if I eat before my tum calms down in the a.m! About 10:30, 11:00 is when I can eat.

It gets old when "normals" get on my case about not eating as soon as I jump out of bed. My brother is one of those people who has to eat imediately after he gets up. BF is the same way, and he thinks just because he does it, I should too. Keep your laws off my breakfast, I say!

So glad I don't have to pretend here!

~nelly~

Re: Ugh, eating in the a.m. new
      #200977 - 07/29/05 05:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Eating in the a.m., for me too is a HUGE DISASTER!!! Only after 11 a.m. can I even entertain the thought of food and then it's semi-solid/high water! A bowl of processed cereal has made me vomit or gives me D!!! A mere banana early in the a.m. gives me D!!! It's bizarre--but like you, I keep/mind my own breakfast laws and my own plate, TOO!!! (I used to be self-conscious, but my brother of all people gave me the best advice, i.e. just tell 'em to mind their own plate!) (What's on that plate or in that bowl or cup, ends up in the toilet, SOONER or later. I suspect that there's some subconscious mechanism at work. I've been this way my whole entire life. I don't need any more mess to clean up!)
I think I'm going to change my breakfast plan to just sugar water and then have a pre-lunch instead.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Str you on a gluten free diet LB? new
      #200986 - 07/29/05 06:28 PM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

I'm not on a gluten free diet, but I find that having too much wheat bothers me-especially if I eat whole grains, whole wheat..so I try to avoid it.

OMG I always thought I was weird! new
      #200988 - 07/29/05 06:42 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Now I know I'm not. Even thinking about food before 11am sends me straight to the loo. A cup of decaf tea is about all I can handle before that hour (or sometimes I cheat and have a coffee which for some reason doesn't have the same effect as food does ). It's nice to know I'm not alone with this. I've copped so many years of lectures as to why I should eat pretty much the minute I crawl out of bed!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Well I'm afraid it's very boring..... new
      #200994 - 07/29/05 06:57 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I have a frozen Pillsbury Blueberry Waffle that I pop in the toaster oven each morning. I pour a teeny bit of sugar on top for added flavor. Oh and a glass of ice water.

All this is not until 10ish either. I can not wake up and have breakfast. I have to wait a bit. After my Bentyl kicks in

I can totally understand though cause I'm gettin tired of the same old same old. I'm SOOOO afraid to try Lactaid or Soy Milk. I often wonder if I'd do ok with them cause I'd LOVE to eat cereal again in the morning. Maybe someday

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36091

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review