All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Isn't IBS weird? new
      #200073 - 07/27/05 01:23 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Okay, I'm not hitting on all cylinders today, so I may be misunderstanding or something. I was trying to say that I must get some very safe SF in me as soon as I get up (that's what my applesauce and acacia is). Is that what you're saying, too?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#200074 - 07/27/05 01:25 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well I don't have an issue with breakfast being a problem (ie. I don't need to do to little pre-brekkies) but only if I don't eat fast enough!

It's okay! new
      #200076 - 07/27/05 01:28 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's just that we get alot of people recommending stuff wrongly which is very confusing for newbies and you sounded so confident I didn't think you might have made a mistake! And although it's got SF in it, it wouldn't be a good idea for a D for example...Acacia has 15g SF/2 tbsps instead.

Glad that's sorted.

What Linz said and ... new
      #200080 - 07/27/05 01:33 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Mental typo. We all make them. Somewhere on the Boards there's a post of mine where I got so confused about what I was saying that I despaired of ever correcting my errors and changed the text in the post to essentially say, "Never mind. I'm just hopelessly confused and can't possibly dig myself out of this hole."

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#200154 - 07/27/05 05:31 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I'm the same way Linz - I need to eat as soon as I wake up or else my stomach feels like an emtpy gaping hole that's about to cave in on itself But I can only eat a little bit as soon as I get up - if I try to eat more or if I try to have anything that's not just SF too soon, I can pretty much guarantee an attack (hence, the prebreakfast of applesauce and acacia/tea)

Sigh... my silly, sensitive body, lol...

Re: Elizabeth new
      #200416 - 07/28/05 10:41 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I actually used to eat it before I got IBS. When I started eating clean to fuel my workouts, my trainer suggested I start eating it rather than oatmeal because it makes such a huge amount when cooked, for fewer calories than oatmeal. I also used to eat a bowl a day, and nothing else, when I was struggling with my ED. So, yep, I've had a long history with oat bran

Just in the last couple months, I started making it with soymilk rather than water and it is FANTASTIC! So creamy and delicious for only 116 calories per (uncooked) half cup. I top it with fresh blueberry puree usually, but sometimes I add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice & brown sugar and it's really good!

And one of my favorite reasons for eating it is that I can buy 2lb bags of it at the health food store for less than $2. I keep it in a big rubbermaid cereal container and pour 3 or 4 bags in at once, which lasts me months and months of eating it at least once a day! So it really is cost-effective, too, and is one of my staples when I'm really hungry but can't afford too many calories.

Give it a try, Beth! It doesn't make me bloated at all. In fact, I've been able to control my bloating pretty well by eating my vegetables before I go to bed at night, rather than spreading them out throughout the day as I used to. Something to think about, at least.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: what is everyones safest breakfast? new
      #200581 - 07/28/05 02:27 PM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

I do Van's non-dairy, wheat free waffles with fruit or with maple syrup. Sometimes Rice Cereal with rice milk or with Lactaid.

LOL! Ah, coffee new
      #200906 - 07/29/05 01:27 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh, I drink decaf coffee (instant, one cup only! ), cos there are so many things I CAN drink! I can't have anything with fruit or malt or dairy... Normally I'll drink tepid water, decaf, flat sprite, and herbal teas. Occasionally I'll indulge in (no caffiene) orange Fanta, but it makes my mouth, lips and tongue break out if I drink too much.

I agree that too much decaf has a diuretic and laxative effect on me! So I only stick to half a cup in the morning, and another half before lunch. Sounds like I'm not alone!!

~nelly~

You hit on it! new
      #200909 - 07/29/05 01:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Casey gets it! That's exactly why I can't eat in the mornings, because I'll have D, then some more D, etc!

It's true we are alike... as different as we are!!

~nelly~

Re: You hit on it! new
      #200929 - 07/29/05 02:09 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm the same way, Nelly. Food before eleven just liquifies!
IBS is bizarre/quirky. Even a banana just melts right through me!!! So, if I consume calories, they're liquid calories.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36092

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review