All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Nelly, a woman after my own heart. new
      #199626 - 07/26/05 05:22 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ditto for me, Nelly--except no codeine. Often, I can't even face the concept of breaking fast until eleven. Just the thought of it makes me lurch. So, I wait until things settle down. At least we're getting our vitamin K! And then breakfast is something fruity. If it's a really bad day, just some applesauce. I'm good with fruits/veggies--if they're safe ones and pureed. I'm not accustomed to grains having been a former raw vegan for many years pre-serious IBS. Also, anything processed/packaged--with a few organic exceptions-- disagrees with me violently and I'm stubborn. I'm formerly a low carber as well.

Kate, IBS-D.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wow Nel! new
      #199627 - 07/26/05 05:24 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Don't laugh, Linz. If i don't have coffee, I'll puke.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: what is everyones safest breakfast? new
      #199649 - 07/26/05 06:11 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

I am *such* a kid. My favorite breakfast is Kix with rice milk. When I am really bad, in fact, I will eat Kix a little at a time all day long. They just seem to be pretty safe for me. I used to drink coffee before I was diagnosed with IBS. I had to have a cup EVERY morning or I'd have a headache by 11 and be nauseated by 12. I gave up coffee and caffiene in general and boy was a ever sick. It was like a constant headache for an entire month! I miss coffee ::sobs::

--------------------

#199673 - 07/26/05 07:45 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Protein shake. Every morning.
8 oz rice milk, 2 tbsp citrucel powder, 1 tbsp rice protein powder (assorted varities), random fruits such as bananas, papayas, mangoes or whatever's in the freezer. Must have bananas in combo as I need at least 1 a day to prevent cramping.

Other substitutes for breakfast like substitutes: 2 egg whites, rice pudding, apple sauce, quinoa.

Can't eat oatmeal either but quinoa w/ apple sauce is YUMMY!

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Breakfast is awful for me too! new
      #199699 - 07/26/05 10:11 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I can't even THINK about eating anything until at least 9:30 or later when I'm at work and my rumbly tummy has settled down. Then I'm starving and limited as to what I can eat at work. Cereal bars and ziploc bags of dry cereal are getting SO old. What do you eat for breakfast?

That's really weird tho... new
      #199724 - 07/27/05 04:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...as coffee is a recognized GI irritant, not just something that only messes up some IBSers.

I mean, I drink caffeine as a Fibro med alot atm, but I'm surprised at you guys drinking decaf coffee. How does it help? I'm genuinely curious, not just lecturing!

#199750 - 07/27/05 06:07 AM
Barbara Lynn

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: North Port, FL

Mine is a daily routine of 1/4 cup oatmeal mixed with 2 tbsp of ground flax seed and a half a banana. (Will add other fruits as I become tolerant, but most fruits have been an irritant.)

Warning: work up to 2 tbsp flax, it is pure soluble fiber and like any fiber it needs to be started with a tsp and work up to 2 tbsp. I buy the Golden flax seed for about $3/lb and grind them up in my "old unused" coffee grinder.

I use Acacia fiber the other two meals, but the flax is easy to digest.

A Good Morning to You!
Barb

Re: CathS--What do you eat following the Applesauce? new
      #199769 - 07/27/05 06:50 AM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

I usually eat hot or cold cereal (quaker instant oatmeal, rice krispies (with vanilla soymilk, mmm!) honeycomb and the like). my pre-breakfast of applesauce or a banana is just cuz i'm not hungry when i get up in the mornings so i don't feel like eating a full breakfast yet. but i need to get something in my system to get it moving asap so i dont sit around waiting to go. i usually walk around and do little tasks too to help it along. it usually works pretty well, except when i'm bad the night or nights before and either ate too much or something i shouldn't have (which is more common than i'd like to admit )

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

#199822 - 07/27/05 08:27 AM
vcarter410

Reged: 07/22/05

For me, no breakfast at all on some days. If I do eat breakfast, I cannot eat until after 10.

Re: Breakfast is awful for me too! new
      #199831 - 07/27/05 08:32 AM
vcarter410

Reged: 07/22/05

I am exactly the same. I find that I can tolerate foods better if I eat after 10. I can even have cofee without getting sick if I drink it after 10. No second cups though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36091

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review