All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199470 - 07/26/05 11:39 AM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

i also usually have a pre-breakfast of applesauce, but i'm a C so it conversely helps me go in the mornings after i get something in my stomach to stimulate my system. funny how our bodies can be so alike, yet so different!

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what is everyones safest breakfast? new
      #199493 - 07/26/05 12:28 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Breakfast for me is half a bagel with fruit or pumpkin puree and a cherry cornbread muffin (Heather's blueberry nutmeg cornbread recipe, with chopped cherries subbed and made into muffins instead of bread....the blueberries are fine too, it's just my Trader Joe's was out of frozen blueberries last time I was there). It may be a little much for most people, but during the week, I walk a mile and a half to campus from home within 15 minutes of eating breakfast.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Wait, Nelly new
      #199495 - 07/26/05 12:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You can drink coffee, but you can't eat oatmeal? Or are you just being Nelly Silly?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

CathS--What do you eat following the Applesauce? new
      #199497 - 07/26/05 12:37 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Since you are a C, I'm interested! I only thought of a pre-breakfast as a safety precaution for D or A people. Never thought a SF base could help a C person. Interesting.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199515 - 07/26/05 01:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Applesauce or banana is my NUMBER ONE safest breakfast, too. If it's a really rocky/shakey day--I eat a lot of applesauce/bananas/papaya. (Note: initially I ate 3 or 4 bananas/day)
Kate, IBS-D.

It's true! new
      #199557 - 07/26/05 02:53 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Nope, I've quit caffiene but I do drink decaf coffee. I know there are trace amounts of caffiene in it, but it doesn't bother me. Not like sodas and 93 octane coffee used to anyway!

The oats in the oatmeal are too much fiber for me. I can drink the whay ("Oatmeal runoff" water), but I can't handle even a teaspoon of the regular oatmeal. It makes me have D big time.

But I'm weird like that. I still haven't been able to introduce most vegetal matter-- tomatoes, apples, asperagus, and mangoes all make me cramp up and have D within 1/2 an hour. I really just live off of meat and soluable fiber carbs like pasta, rice and bread. But no oatmeal.

I've been never able to do breakfast, even since I was in 1st grade. I used to fake it for my mom when I was a kid--- putting a bowl in the sink to make it seem like I ate! I get sick if I eat when I get up. I have to wait a couple hours until my tummy calms down!!!

~nelly~

Wow Nel! new
      #199562 - 07/26/05 03:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Coffee (even decaf) is SUCH a trigger for me. Doesn't that enzyme bother you? Have you ever gone w/out for a while?

Alike but different... but really alike! new
      #199576 - 07/26/05 03:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Actually, I've found that my little pre-breakfast snack gets my system working, so to speak, and about half the time, I do have a BM before I get as far as eating breakfast. But it's never a violent attack, like I have if I just sit down to my breakfast without that snack.

Bodies are so quirky! But I'm glad to hear that works for you too!

Re: Breakfast of champions new
      #199622 - 07/26/05 05:10 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

Thanks for your replies! On weekends I eat bacon eggs..try to only eat whites but sometimes I eat the yoke too, or pancakes...waffles and coffee. But sometimes this can make me feel blahhhh for a few hours so during the week I need something to keep me from starving by lunch because I don't eat much at work, and it has to be something that I can count on. I'd like to stick with toast but I want to NOT eat so much starchy white bread and things. I weigh 110-115lbs...fluctuates and want to keep the fat off that's slowly creeping in. Oatmeal doesn't sit well with me either.

Re: Wait, Nelly new
      #199623 - 07/26/05 05:11 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I can drink coffee but not during the week INCASE it sets it off. I tend to get too C when I give it up completely.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36091

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review