All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Has anyone had to have an Upper GI scope done? new
      #2003 - 03/06/03 07:43 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thank you sooooo much H2! I can't express enough how nice it is to have people to talk to who are going through the same things. And it's nice to have another graphic designer to talk with. I like the comment you made about putting on your invoices the cost of the next procedure you will be having.

I used to do freelance work in addition to my full-time design job. But, I got tired of "working" all the time. I wanted my evenings and weekends back. My husband is a workaholic, but I like to have "me time". You know what I mean? Plus all of my freelance earnings went to taxes. So it wasn't really worth it. I still design for all my freelance customers through the print shop I work for. So I still get to do the design work that I did on the side in addition to my work I do for my employer...I just don't get the extra paycheck. I now do "crafting" with polymer clay in my freetime.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please don't worry - it's easy! new
      #2004 - 03/06/03 07:46 AM
Nugget

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Kerrie. I really appreciate it. It helps to talk with others who have gone through the same things.

Thanks again!

#2005 - 03/06/03 08:19 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I used to do the full time design job plus freelance, but I agree, there is no "me" time. I quit the full time job a year and a half ago to try to work on my thesis, so I do the freelance to try to make ends meet. I don't have much free time, but I have taken up knitting. I am getting pretty good, I can knit anything as long as it is rectangular and a scarf.

Let me know when you get the scope scheduled. I am getting ready to call my dr right now, to make an appointment. *sigh*

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#2008 - 03/06/03 08:51 AM
Nugget

Good luck with your appointment.
I know what you mean when you said sometimes you feel like a hypochondriac around your husband because he is rarely sick. That's how I feel! I'm not saying I go to the doctor for every ache and pain, but I go way more than my husband does. I know he probably doesn't think this, but I feel as if somethimes he and others think all these "problems" I am having are in my head. And maybe I'm just thinking they think that. You know what I mean?

#2009 - 03/06/03 09:10 AM
Nugget

H2....I just visited your Web site. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! I am very limited here with creative resources, budgets, etc., etc., I'm bookmarking your page for creative inspirations. Wonderful work!

I went to the Colorado Institute of Art and have an Associates Degree in Visual Communications. From there I moved back to my hometown here in Wyoming and worked for an Advertising Agency as Art Director/Peeon for 5 years. Got tired of the ridicule I received from my boss so I went to work for his best friend and have been the Grapic Designer for a print shop for the past 7 1/2 years. It's an OK job and I like the people I work with, but I don't feel as if I get to use my creativity to it's full potential. Design jobs in this shop are few and far between so inbetween design jobs I have to work on general typesetting jobs like forms, etc. Plus our customers don't have a great big budget. They think their "awesome" design hopes can be created with a few dollars. It's very frustrating. So I curb my creative appetite with crafting in polymer clay, writing poetry, drawing, etc., etc.

#2010 - 03/06/03 09:14 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I think my husband knows its not all in my head, but he dosen't realize how much it affects life EVERY DAY. It dosen't always occur to him that every time I leave the house it is a decision I have to weigh pretty carefully, even if I am feeling fine. I know he gets disappointed when he has an exciting idea for a vacation, and my first reaction is hesitation instead of sharing the enthusiasm. Must be frustrating for him.

Do you have Heather's book "First Year IBS"? There is a great illustration near the beginning that I find handy for people who think it is all in our heads. There is a line chart of a normal person's bowel before and after eating, and one of an IBS's bowel before and after eating. I find it a great teaching aid.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#2022 - 03/06/03 10:54 AM
Nugget

No, I don't have "The First Year". I do have her recipe book, though and have been thinking about getting "The First Year".

My doctors office just called me and said they would like to do a CAT scan of my chest and abdomon. I told them that the chest pains seem to occur during my period...so they also want me to make an appointment during my next period and possible do the upper GI scope then. Not looking forward to more tests and am hoping there is no nasty "Prep" for this CAT scan. The nurse said that they inject a contrasting dye so they do need to do lab work before hand to make sure my kidneys can handle the dye. I'm so scared about it.

#2024 - 03/06/03 11:00 AM
Judi

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Florida

Nothing like a Colonoscopy. Have it and don't worry. I've had it all ... brain scan, too, due to migraines. Best to do and find out that it's just your IBS.

#2038 - 03/06/03 12:38 PM
Nugget

Thanks Judi....I think my biggest fear is the bill and them not finding anything...or finding something very bad.

#2040 - 03/06/03 01:20 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

the upper endoscopy is by the far easiest test i ever had! the worst part is the IV(i hate needles) but it hurts alot less than a blood test. i didnt remember a hting. they put on music and told me to relax, the next i knew, they were wheeling me into the next room and i didnt even know that they were finished with the whole thing. the prep is mad easy too! you just cant eat or drink anything after midnight. its alot better than the upper gi with the yucky barium :P. anyway, i hope your test was as easy as mine. (they found i had an inflammed esophageous, and i was put on prevacid)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review