All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
belly button pain and smelly diarrhea
      #19663 - 09/04/03 04:41 PM
Sunny

Reged: 08/24/03

I am less than two weeks away from my colonoscopy. My doctor is quite sure, however, that I have IBS. A couple of my symptoms worry me though, so I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced them. My pain has shifted a little lately and seems to be surrounding my belly button area. I have also noticed that my diarrhea is quite smelly. Do either of these symptoms sound familiar? I mentioned the belly button pain to my doctor. He made a "that's unusual face," but that was it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: belly button pain and smelly diarrhea new
      #19671 - 09/04/03 06:11 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That's where my stomach hurts---under my belly button. In fact, when I press it there, it hurts really bad!

#20053 - 09/09/03 10:20 AM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Yes, I sometimes have belly-button pain - feels really tight in that area sometimes and pressure is uncomfortable - hence, all the notched waistbands in my clothing! As for the "odoriferous diarrhea" - yes, that, too, sometimes....

I hope and pray you can relax before your colonoscopy - don't get too worried and start "counting down"! This should help the doctor give you a correct diagnosis. If the odor / pain persist, and he's not able / willing to give you more than a "that's unusual" face - maybe at that point you'll want a consultation with another GI doc for reassurance.... but I encourage you not to get too far ahead of yourself here.... you're doing the right things, it seems...

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Bless

#20138 - 09/09/03 10:17 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI; that is where it usually get me, in the beklly button. I usually get smelly gas as well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1044 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review