All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
6 days of really bad D has me bonkers (m)
      #196510 - 07/17/05 06:31 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

remember me? Still have it. Went to my regular doctor on Friday. He advised me to see my GI who I had just seen and advised me to get an endoscopy and ab. ultrasound to rule out an ulcer since I'm having upper stomach pain. He gave me prevacid for the acid I guess. He wasn't sure why I had D, thought it could be an infection, virus etc. He said if I still have it afte 2 days to call him. It's been 2 days. We are supposed to leave for N.H. this morning for vacation. We live in NJ. I can't possibly get in a car with this. Even my mega anti-D meds only help for a few hours. I NEVER had anything like this. I'm really starting to get worried.Imaginging all kinds of things that could be wrong. Anyone have D like this? I get intense pain lower like, feel like I have to go, run to the bathroom and there it is. Anytime I eat anything, my stomach kills me, even safe food.

I just hope I get answers soon. I'm ready to call my doc and insist I get these tests right away and find out what is going on.

Thanks for reading if you got this far!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 6 days of really bad D has me bonkers (m) new
      #196512 - 07/17/05 06:41 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Perhaps it is an intestinal illness. I had a very bad one in December, with astonishingly painful lower abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and (ick) mucus. I went to a walk-in clinic. The doctor there prescribed Tylenol with codeine - it helped with the horrible cramps and made me nicely C for a few days. As long as I took the med after eating, I did not experience any of the nausea codeine can sometimes cause.

I hope this helps. Good luck getting away on your trip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: 6 days of really bad D has me bonkers (m) new
      #196599 - 07/17/05 04:45 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

I am still slowly recovering from what I think is an intestinal bug. Don't think it is my IBS as it woke me up in the middle of the night with explosive D and the most painful cramping you could imagine. My IBS has never been this bad. I just let it run it's course. Yours seems to be a lot more sever and the severity lasting many days. I would insist on the tests earlier. This sounds like it is probably a virus or bacterial infection.

--------------------
Dana

Thanks for your responses, I am calling the doctor (m) new
      #196617 - 07/17/05 06:07 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

first thing in the a.m. and insisting he test me for an infection and whatever else. I had a few calm hours this afternoon and had some rice and bang, it came back...like 5 ot 6 trips to the bathroom. IT's horrible and NEVER have I experienced this with IBS. Like you, I don't wake up at night with ibs stuff, this has woken me up and keeps me up with this stuff! AHH! We want to leave for vacation and I can't as long as this is going on.
Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1983 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 730

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review