Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My goodness our bodies are weird
      #196265 - 07/15/05 06:41 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hello Everyone!
Our bodies are sooo weird. So, I have IBS -D, and have had it for about 8 months. Then, i recently move back home, and im feeling great. No more D everyday....instead...my stool is together and formed, however i still get those enormous stomach pains (which i have been issued Dicetol(sp?) anyone ever used it? i havent tried yet.. ) Anyway and i get this huge urgency to go to the bathroom, but it comes out together..not like D...weird eh? Anyone else had this before? Our bodies are sooo werid arent they? It blows me away...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My goodness our bodies are weird new
      #196268 - 07/15/05 06:48 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

I keep trying to understand why the body does the things it does.

#196272 - 07/15/05 06:50 PM
Honey_bun

Oh i hear yah. It amazes me how certain people like us, get IBS and certain people dont. Its sooo crazy..ahhh thats enough thinking for today..getting a brain-ache *giggles*

#196281 - 07/15/05 07:06 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately my experience with Dicetel was not a pleasant one. It made my D much, much worse. For the first couple days on it I felt great. Then I got stuck at work in the bathrooom for an hour and a half with bad D. When I finally felt safe enough to go home, I mean grab my stuff and head out the door asap I still had to stop at a bathroom on my way home. Work was only about 15 mins from my house. And the noises my stomach would make... oh my. I really, really hope it works better for you. I have been thinking about daring to try a smaller dose and see, since the D seemed to start around the same time of day and after my 3rd dose. I was on 100mg 3 times a day.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#196282 - 07/15/05 07:09 PM
Honey_bun

Oh , thats horrible. I really dont know why he put me on that. He gave it to me for when i have a D attack and want to relieve the pain. But the pain wasnt really what i was there for lol! Anyway, he told me to take it whenever i needed it...so i havnt really needed it, until tonight, but i am away in London, Ont visiting family and i think i will just stick to the heating pad until i get home! Thanks for the reply!

Beth, I had the *exact* same reaction to Dicetel... new
      #196285 - 07/15/05 07:18 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

after a few days of things going ok, my D got much, much worse! And I was taking a pretty small dose. Needless to say, I promptly stopped taking it.

Honey_bun, I hope it works better for you!

Re: Beth, I had the *exact* same reaction to Dicetel... new
      #196287 - 07/15/05 07:24 PM
Honey_bun

Oh geez! I am definitly going to wait until i try this Dicetol! ahhh! lol

Laurel... re: same reaction new
      #196342 - 07/16/05 05:47 AM
Betharoo

If you were on a smaller dose I don't think I am going to risk trying a smaller dose because that was not fun! Are you taking any other med right now? I think I may go back to the Dr and try something else since I have to make an appt for a few other things anyway

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Laurel... re: same reaction new
      #196395 - 07/16/05 10:29 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Well I was on the 100mg but I was only taking it twice a day, I think. It was kind of my first foray (sp?) into meds - I was going through a pretty stressful time and no matter what I did my IBS would NOT get under control - but after that I was kind of turned off by the whole experience. I considered going back to my doc to try something else (which is what she suggested) but in the end I just decided to manage my symptoms "naturally" (w/out drugs), which I'm doing quite successfully now

But if you do decide to try something else, there are a lot of other options that lots of people have had success with. I know that Kimm and I think Vicam (both Canadian girls) were/are on Modulon, an antispasmodic (where Dicetel is just a calcium antagonist), and I think it usually gets offered to IBS patients after Dicetel. If I remember correctly, neither of them had success with the Dicetel either. HTH!

Re: Laurel.. THANKS!!!! n/t new
      #196472 - 07/16/05 08:39 PM
Betharoo

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1796 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review