All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bladder problems
      #196227 - 07/15/05 05:40 PM
Darlene54

Reged: 07/15/05
Loc: Ohio,USA

This is for Heather, have you ever experienced pressure on your bladder? If you have, what can you do for it? I cannot stand it anymore. I am going mad from it. I cant concentrate, I am missing work also. Can you offer any help? thanks

--------------------
Darlene

IBS-C, suffers from pelvic floor dysfunction.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bladder problems new
      #196243 - 07/15/05 06:01 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Heather rarely has time to read many posts, but other's can answer!

I'd say you should see your doc as things like UTI's and yeast infections can cause sensations like that.

#196247 - 07/15/05 06:10 PM
Darlene54

I did. She gave me Zelnorm. She said it will help get all the urine out of the bladder. I checked with her and I have no infection this time.

--------------------
Darlene

Edited by Darlene54 (07/15/05 06:13 PM)

#196300 - 07/15/05 08:14 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Darlene, I get that, too. Are you C or D? Because I notice that I tend to feel that way when I'm feeling C, and my theory is that it has something to do with my body retaining water to try and soften up the stool inside my tummy. Just my theory, but it makes sense to me. Unfortunately I haven't found much that helps, so I just deal with it, as uncomfortable as the feeling can be (I actually have it right now!). I wish I could give you better advice.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#196308 - 07/15/05 09:01 PM
Darlene54

I am C. My primary doctor said it is because the colon is filled with stools and presses against the bladder causing it to feel pressure and you think you need to go. I also seem to need to void two, three times everytime I go. My urologist gave me Zelnorm to help my bladder empty more fully. It seems to work but I need to be on it longer to really know for sure.

--------------------
Darlene

#196313 - 07/15/05 09:52 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I'm glad you brought up this topic. I'm a D. In the last month I have had TWO bladder infections. I seem to remember when my sister was having this problem years ago one of her doctors recommendations was that she avoid herb teas. There isn't a day that I don't drink the peppermint and fennel so I wondered if there was a connection. I am going to lay off the peppermint tea for a little while. I drink more of that than the fennel. I hate the bladder pain and inability to urinate when it hits. So I'll use the fennel for a little while just to test if the peppermint is an irritant for me. Hope your problem clears up, I sure can relate to the pain and not emptying.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 730

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review