All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
back again
      #195222 - 07/13/05 12:13 PM
bjoyh

Reged: 07/12/04

I'm returning to Heather's website again -- decided its time to DO the diet and DO the plan, gotta have the help. I also ordered the hypnotherapy CD's. I want to thank everyone for their generous, helpful hints and stories, it is great to share and know you are not alone in this IBS thing. I go in spurts (you know what I mean!) with IBS, several days I do ok and then wham a few days of sitting on the toilet, not D, but frequent, really frequent bm's. I'm fortunate not to have pain though. It has kept me from traveling in comfort though and I'm tired of it. So thanks for all your help through the posts. Question: Any canned soups besides tomato/rice? Somewhere in these pages I read that is ok and I like it so whoopee. Thanks again. Barb in FL

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: back again new
      #195225 - 07/13/05 12:16 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

With canned soups just check the ingredients...no red meat, dairy, HFCS, etc. And avoid beans for now IMHO. Anything else could be a good source of IF, but always have them after SF.

#195247 - 07/13/05 12:48 PM
bjoyh

Thanks, common sense really, but wondered if anyone had problems with Vegetarian Vegie Soup (Campbell) it doesn't have MUCH in the way of no no's, any comments? Barb

#195288 - 07/13/05 02:53 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

If tomato-saucy things and your tummy are friends, it should be fine. If not, I would avoid it.

#195321 - 07/13/05 04:17 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I hate to rain on your parade, but check the label on Campbell's Tomato Rice soup. I would have sworn I checked it when I first started the diet and it has something in it that shouldn't be there. I don't remember now if it was dairy or HFCS or what. I'm hoping I'm wrong and have just misremembered, but just in case...

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Laurel's (Retrograde) soup method new
      #195328 - 07/13/05 04:26 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Here's a link to how Laurel makes her soup safe to eat. Maybe you might try something like this? Laurel's soup method

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: back again /tomato rice soup new
      #195370 - 07/13/05 06:21 PM
bjoyh

I finally found the tomato rice soup on page 142 of the First Year IBS. Sample menu for people who hate to cook - Day 2 quote: Can of Campbell's tomato rice soup, or Progresso chicken noodle or vegetable soup. I wonder now what you found on the label? I don't seem to have a problem with eating this soup. Thanks for your input! Barb

Re: Laurel's (Retrograde) soup method new
      #195374 - 07/13/05 06:27 PM
bjoyh

thanks for the info., might give that a try too. Do many of you have problem with tomato products? I think in the tomato rice soup its the rice that does the trick SF -- Barb

watch for MSG.... new
      #195377 - 07/13/05 06:41 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Monosodium Glutamate, one of my worst triggers and I have a hard time finding canned soup without it.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1684 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1076

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review