All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I understood what you were saying! new
      #194373 - 07/11/05 07:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Just aren't able to get a regime going to get me going. If I could get out of the C rut, maybe I keep things going continuously??

Too high of hopes I think.

Honestly, though, I don't seem to be able to break the C cycle in order to prevent the D day.

The only progress the GF diet has provided after 20 months is making me go from Chronic D to Chronic C. I think I am going to try eating gluten again to see how I react, even though I had high gluten antibodies. I just don't know what else to try at this point. Maybe I'll try taking an SFS yet once again. Don't know why I think it would work any better this time....but maybe???? Fingers crossed.

My current experiment is eating prunes...that was suggested by my mom as a natural remedy she has used.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks for your reply new
      #194375 - 07/11/05 07:16 PM
Augie

This is confusing to me...IF is pushed for us C folks, but I often wonder if it causes me more pain and cramps as well. I would rather be "going" though I think.

I can't believe you can have a BM everyday even with limited IF. That's good.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Question for IBS-C folks new
      #194474 - 07/12/05 06:50 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Beth- my gastro told me that what happens when you're constipated is that your body builds up a lot of water that is trying to flush out the blockage. Eventually, it succeeds, but then all that water turns into D. So if you get the C under control, the D will naturally stop.

Thanks, that's what I figured, but... new
      #194526 - 07/12/05 08:56 AM
Augie

what I can't figure out is how to mangage the C so it doesn't get to that point. I think I win the award for person who has been on this website the longest without getting one iota of relief from symptoms.

Not an award I want!

Why, oh why does'nt my bowel respond to anything? I am just constipated, bloated, crampy, gassy all the time....except for my one day of D when the eruption finally occurs.

--------------------
~ Beth

Perseverance is a virtue, but ... new
      #194531 - 07/12/05 09:15 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Beth, if I had been restricting my diet for as long as you have with as little relief as you've gotten, I'd just be eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. I'd figure if I'm going to be miserable gut-wise, I'd at least want to be happy mouth-wise.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Sand new
      #194546 - 07/12/05 09:45 AM
Augie

You're stable, though, right?

Are you telling me I should just eat whatever...or are you just kidding? Honestly, your sentiments cross my mind,,,but I can't bring myself to do it .....yet!

I swear, I am the most restrictive, safe eater there is...never ever cheat, never even do the iffy foods like soy or cooked onion, garlic...nothing! Never have cheated at all...very super safe! Even no sugar and no yeast for a good while now. I don't get it.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Sand new
      #194559 - 07/12/05 10:01 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yes, I'm stable - or within spitting distance, anyhow. I stick with Heather's plan because for me it's worked - worked miraculously, really.

I am NOT telling you what you should do - only you can decide what the right path is for you. However, I'm not kidding either. I think Heather's a super-neat lady, but if her suggestions didn't help my IBS, I wouldn't have kept eating this way. The added health benefits, like lower cholesterol, are wonderful, but they wouldn't be enough to keep my diet even as restricted as she suggests if my IBS wasn't improved. And I certainly wouldn't be willing to restrict my diet as much as you do if I wasn't getting any relief at all.

I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn, but it sort of popped out when I read your post. Feel free to ignore me - and I'll shut up now.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Thanks for your reply new
      #194562 - 07/12/05 10:04 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Are you getting a little IF after SF for every meal? Honestly, I don't get crampy if I combine the two and don't eat huge amounts of either. Getting liquid is also part of this equation - it may be just me, but I start feeling miserable if I go 2-3 hours without drinking something....

--AC

Foods--Beth new
      #194567 - 07/12/05 10:11 AM
maikko

Reged: 05/30/05
Loc: maryland

What foods do you eat now exactly? Do you eat any IF or just all sf foods?

--------------------
--maikko
IBS-A, mostly C-- many foods intolerant

Awe don't stop talking! new
      #194572 - 07/12/05 10:25 AM
Augie

It just shocked me to see that coming from you! You are a total Heather dieter!

I guess I just figure if I don't eat this way, I might never have a chance...but then again, I may be one who does better with all IF and I may never know that if I keep hanging on to the SF before IF theory. I also keep thinking maybe I'm not doing something right. That I'm missing something or doing something wrong that I'm not aware of?

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4692

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review