All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
YOu are all a wonderful support system - keep up the warmth and love
      #193642 - 07/09/05 12:37 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Just want to thank people for their support. My goal is be at such a stage of stability and remission that I can be a light here rather than a black hole of need!!

The picture (several of asked) is me from a few years ago but I look about the same. IBS has matured me in painful ways, since I was once extremely vain and was often called the blond bombshell by certain witty friends. I am gay, (awwww shucks, sorry but true) and have a long term partner who was a TV news anchor (so he also had a face that caused women and a subset of men to kiss their TV screens). But when real life hits, in terms of illness and pain, we realize how inanely shallow all that Paris Hilton crap is! Life is to suffer at times, to learn, to be brave, to help and be kind to others, to love, and forgive. FOr all its nasty aspects, IBS has been a tool for me to dig deeply into the fount of spiritual wisdom and come up with better attitudes. Does that mean I have ascended? Nope! Just a few days ago while doing my 3 mile run I began crying ("Waaa") like a little kid. I WANT HEALTH! My partner says I am impatient and that if I had made the heavens and the earth, it would have been a 1 day job, not this slacker 7 day job!

Well, just wanted to thank everyone. As you may know, I am taking mainstream and alternative medicine paths. I started on a anew anxiety drug that is just marvelous (picture me running through a field of poppys on the way to the Emerald City) and also will spend 2 expensive weeks in a clinic where cleansing and other work will be done. Peace. Don't tive up.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: YOu are all a wonderful support system - keep up the warmth and love new
      #193722 - 07/09/05 08:31 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Just wanted to say a very good luck with your 2 week stay at the clinic. I hope that it does help you feel so much better. I too am one of those impatient people who needs everything done and fixed yesterday and yes, I too would have made the world in 1 day cause there is NO way I could have waited 7 to have it done, he he. If nothing else good having IBS does make you grow up. Having had it all my life it's always been there to deal with and work around, even before I knew what was wrong with me. Luckily having had it for so long I had my parents support to help me through the worst times when I was little. Good luck again and let us know how it goes

--------------------
Amy

Impatience is my middle name.... new
      #193736 - 07/09/05 10:26 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I hope you'll keep us posted on how it goes with the new meds and the clinic. I'm kinda curious about the "puppy" named med that you are taking for anxiety. I started on Lexapro, but due to insurance reasons, switched to celexa because there was a generic. Don't know if it is working as well....I can definitely relate to the maturing of IBS. I turned 40 last November, three weeks after this(IBS) started for me. I have NEVER acted or felt my age until this started.....I don't want to grow up...:(
Anyway, I hope everything goes really well for you, Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

It is a warm, loving place.... new
      #193738 - 07/09/05 11:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And maaaan, why are all the hot ones gay?? You guys have something figured out we women don't yet! Congrats on being open about it.I hear that takes big courage.

I have gay friends and family, and I never fully understood why anyone did not accept it(heck, I am a church going Christian, and it's totally kosher with me!), or why any man or woman could hide their true feelings. Consequently, I dated a boy (twice over a few years,) for a few months, who told me he liked boys AND girls. I was understanding....but I think he just really liked boys. He broke up with me soon after admitting it. It never bothered me. LOL. And maaaaaan was he cute.

Anyhow, I'm so glad you feel warmth here. I do too. It's like being united in poo. Greeeeat!LOL!!

Tell us how the cleanse goes-be careful-they say it really hurts us IBS ers. And tell your guy he's brilliant, bec. you are impatient...we all are.
Do stick around, though. You are pure comedy and benevolence and that's just loveable.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#193746 - 07/10/05 03:31 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Yay, you're gay! I can flirt with you with impunity!

Seriously though, I'm so glad the anti-anxiety meds are doing thier job. Everyone deserves to feel good. Hope your 2 weeks do their job also and you come out refereshed and feeling great.

Don't worry about being a "black hole of need" either. That's what this board's all about; everyone needs each other. And it's nice that way.

--------------------
*Emma*

You're a part of that already, you know! new
      #193754 - 07/10/05 05:50 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I hardly think of you as a "black hole of need" anyway, but people bring a lot to the boards just by being who they are... and you have a KILLER sense of humor... and since laughter really is the best medicine, I hope you know that you've already been a light to ME, at least, just by being here. I do hope you stick around... and don't worry, you'll be answering questions in no time, even if you AREN'T stable. (Hel, I'm not stable, but that doesn't stop me from putting my .02 in wherever I can squeeze it in. )

Anyway, good luck with the clinic stay, and I hope the anti-anxiety meds do as good of a job for you as they do for me. (They definitely didn't make a huge difference on my IBS symptoms long-term, but with the help of the meds, attacks and bad days no longer send me spiraling into depression or panic attacks... and the difference in frame of mind has been life-changing.)

Let us know how it all goes!

#193796 - 07/10/05 09:21 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

But when real life hits, in terms of illness and pain, we realize how inanely shallow all that Paris Hilton crap is! Life is to suffer at times, to learn, to be brave, to help and be kind to others, to love, and forgive. FOr all its nasty aspects, IBS has been a tool for me to dig deeply into the fount of spiritual wisdom and come up with better attitudes. Does that mean I have ascended? Nope!

This is how I feel as well! In some ways, I feel IBS has made me more understanding toward others and more appreciative of the good days. But once in a while I'll just want to have a temper tantrum against the world.

You're definitely a light here on the boards with your wisdom, humor, and honesty. I look forward to your future posts.

Best wishes!

#193863 - 07/10/05 01:35 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

A black hole you are NOT. You have brought so much wit and humor to this board. I read your posts just to laugh and/or think even if they don't apply to me personally. Your partner is soooo lucky to have such an incredible guy to be with. I am sure you make everyone around you smile

--------------------
Dana

#193870 - 07/10/05 02:10 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hon, you make me smile all the time already!

NOW I know why all the girlies instinctively like you...you're gorgeous and gay (gay men make the best friends IMHO ).

You're doing great and you'll get there!

#193905 - 07/10/05 05:16 PM
Anthem

Quote:

A black hole you are NOT. You have brought so much wit and humor to this board. I read your posts just to laugh and/or think even if they don't apply to me personally. Your partner is soooo lucky to have such an incredible guy to be with. I am sure you make everyone around you smile

Thank you! You live in Houston? I LOVE Houston! Do you go to Lakewood CHurch? I am the President of the Joel Osteen fan club locally. A bunch of us gay guys get together and hold hands while watching him in his expensive suits, while his vivacious wife Victoria prances around the stage in strangely cut leather jackets! In my next life, I want to be Victoria Osteen, since I always wanted to be married to a tall dark handsome preacher man! (Wink)

LMAO again-see... new
      #193967 - 07/10/05 09:57 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

your sense of humour is so appreciated. Wind and I need a break from being the smart ashes here sometimes!LOL!!

You belong here, and Casey's right- you will be helping others before you know. i'm not 100% stable but let me tell you, 4 months ago when I came here, i was miserable and sad and useless....and now I seem to think I'm the authority sometimes!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#194132 - 07/11/05 09:41 AM
DanaNoel

Hi there,

Yes, I am from Houston!! I grew up here then moved to Austin throughout my college and grad school years (and then some). Actually, I would rather be living in Austin. It is just too beautiful and, I think you would REALLY love it. They are VERY gay friendly. Before I met my husband, I dated women for 12 long years. I know, lost another one . Ok, this has now become a coming out party. Anyway, I just loved how tolerant Austin was. Houston is a bit different but still loads of fun. We just had gay pride here a few weeks ago and it was HUGE!!!

As far as Joel Osteen goes, I LOVE him. No, I don't go to Lakewood Church because it is quite a ways from where I live, but I do catch him on TV every once in a while. He is wonderful and yes, his wife is a bit of a prancer. Very beautiful lady.

Are you from Houston??

--------------------
Dana

#194201 - 07/11/05 11:45 AM
Anthem

No I am not from Houston, but my soul is a Texan cowboy, but I am actually originally from rural California (where folks wear cowboy hats and listen to country/western music and relax at neighborhood taverns after a hard day). I've worn a cowboy hat since I was 5 years old, and am most happy in a pick up truck in a cowboy hat without a shirt and driving through the countryside.

I now live in rural Arizona next to a horse ranch where I have so much fun visiting the babies. Wish I could afford my own.

I actually go to the UNITY Church, but they share the same message as Joel Osteen. Nothing like a great looking guy in GREAT SHAPE in tight jeans and a cowboy hat, eh? The young kids who wear saggy pants (that look like they took a big IBS-D dump into the posterior) are pretty revolting.

Best wishes

Edited by Anthem (07/11/05 11:47 AM)

#194277 - 07/11/05 02:03 PM
DanaNoel

Best wishes to you as well. Please keep us updated as to your upcoming treatment.

It was so nice chatting with you

Dana

--------------------
Dana

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review