All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
A little survey for you all....EDITED due to new info! new
      #193411 - 07/08/05 04:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I have really started thinking that all of my sensitivities, diseases and disorders are due to a sensitive system. I have allergies-hypersensitivity to allergens; asthma-hypersensitivity to environmental and exercise triggers; IBS-hypersensitivity to food, stress, coffee and booze(wahhh!!); and GERD-sensitive wimpy esphageal sphincter, likely CAUSED by asthma. The asthma, is also often caused by GERD.

All that being said, how many of you have asthma too? allergies? GERD? I want to see if our systems are even more alike than previously thought...Is there a connection?

The other sensitivities I've noted in this survey are:
HSP,
obviously fibro and anxiety (I do have my anxious moments, for sure),eczema (had that too)
migraines (have had my share of those, but better now on Heather's diet)
TMJ
and tooth grinding.
What a healthy bunch!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Not-Sore-Anymore (07/09/05 01:09 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A little survey for you all.... new
      #193415 - 07/08/05 04:14 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I have allergies, but not GERD or asthma.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#193416 - 07/08/05 04:16 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't have a lot of allergies... just mold and mildew. However, I do have GERD and excercise-induced asthma.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#193425 - 07/08/05 04:24 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

IBS, yes. GERD, yes. Allergies, nope. Asthma, double nope. My husband has those covered.

#193429 - 07/08/05 04:33 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I have stress/anxiety induced asthma, not real bad in the allergy dept(my mom and kids all have that area covered, and well I might add), no GERD, but yes to the IBS....

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#193433 - 07/08/05 04:40 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I have asthma, but it was way worse when I was little, I was in the hospital a lot. Now, it's only when I'm around cats usually....
As for allergies, again, better now. but it depends on the season. Lately I've had no troubles, but when I lived at home with my parents, I got sinus infections a lot, triggered by allergies. They had an OLD house.
I'm also allergic to peanuts, penicillin, morphine and cats!

--------------------

#193435 - 07/08/05 04:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

I have allergies: dust and cats and asthma but not very bad. I take nasonex, advair, singulair. I don't have GERD at all. I also have TMJ which is very common with IBSers and I get stressed in social ways which is also common.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Mmm, I spent my childhood in the hospital too- new
      #193457 - 07/08/05 06:47 PM
_Willow

to this day I go in there feeling happy because it's a place to get better. I always have positive feelings about hospitals.
my allergies are so severe this season due to pollen and GRASS!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

oh yeah- I have bruxism, and so possibly TMJ new
      #193459 - 07/08/05 06:49 PM
_Willow

a little bit. And when too much is piled on me, i can get anxious too, but have never had a FULL ON anxiety attack. hoping never to after seeing DH have 2 in the last 2 months.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#193460 - 07/08/05 06:50 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've got asthma, but not allergies (bf has that covered) and not GERD.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

I don't have any of those, but... new
      #193466 - 07/08/05 07:05 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your new pic Shannon! You're so pretty!

Not me really.... new
      #193471 - 07/08/05 07:15 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Other than my IBS symtoms I don't really have a whole lot go wrong with me. I do have GERD, no asthma, I can't drink alcohol (it KILLS my tummy) and I have a weird reaction to banana's. I get slight hayfever very occasionally but otherwise I'm pretty average. Hope this helps (sorry to dissapoint if I have )

--------------------
Amy

Re: Really??? You feel happy??? new
      #193473 - 07/08/05 07:18 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Gosh, I go to hospitals now and I HATE it. The smell...the colors.....ugh. I was in the hospital about 5 years ago for a collapsed lung (for no apparent reason!) and it was just miserable. The food was so bad, I lost like 5lbs. Too bad it didn't stay lost, ha ha.

--------------------

Re: A little survey for you all....
      #193484 - 07/08/05 07:44 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Yep, I've got alot of those problems. I've had tons of allergies since I was a child, I joke with the doctor that I'm allergic to practically everything!

I also have mild asthma (thankful that it's only mild) and GERD. I get frequent sinus infections as well. I also have endometriosis which I know is often found in people who have allergies/asthma etc., so I'm sure there's probably some sort of overall system linkage

Kelly

#193490 - 07/08/05 08:11 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Asthma, allergies, IBS, TMJ, tendonitis, ocassional GERD... I have all of the above. Interesting theory.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#193494 - 07/08/05 08:22 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

For me IBS, GERD, mild asthma, extremely sensitive to MSG and sensitive to scents, perfumes, chemicals, etc and some allergies.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#193496 - 07/08/05 08:44 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have all of the above!!! However - I can add migraines to that list --- and my GERD has been more or less better since being on Heather's diet as long as I avoid tomato sauces.

Not me... new
      #193499 - 07/08/05 08:50 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have very occasional hayfever-type allergies, and that's it. I HAVE started to look into the possibility, though, that I'm an HSP, because I am very easily overwhelmed and overstimulated. I often spend my days here at home in almost complete silence, because noise makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out. LOL! So not in the physical sense, but mental sensitivity? - yep!

And I gotta say, what a great new picture! It's so nice to really see you, pretty woman!

All three, thankyouverymuch :) -nt- new
      #193503 - 07/08/05 09:22 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#193518 - 07/08/05 10:08 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Nope. No athsma or allergies. I used to have an allergy of some sort to food colouring as a kid, it'd give me a rash around my mouth... but I think I grew out of that.

--------------------
*Emma*

#193535 - 07/09/05 03:18 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm a hyper-sensitive totally allergic type with ASTHMA, ENVIRONMENTAL AND FOOD ALLERGIES, MILD EPILEPSY, MOOD DISORDER/G.A.D./O.C.D., DUODENAL ULCER--H. Pylori and ECZEMA.
If I took a moment to comb my brain, make a list re: what's naughty and not so nice, I could fill the page, but know this--you aren't alone and I do think there's a connection.

Yes, I have evil TMJ, too and that's half the reason why I put food in the food processor.

I spent a lot of my childhood in hospital, mostly due to the asthma and epilepsy--I haven't had a seizure in years and
take anti-convulsants.

I'm prone to nutritional deficiencies/anemia so I've got to eat as healthy and IBS-safely as possible. I go for B12 shots.

I've reversed my osteopenia via diet--the meds. make me vomit, etc., as well as aggravating my g.i. tract.

I've been allergic/asthmatic since birth and failed to thrive due to milk allergies and environmental ones. The epilepsy thing appeared around age 8, but totally controlled/managed by meds.

Neat survey, Shannon.

Edited by Wind (07/09/05 03:30 AM)

Re: Great pic., Shannon. new
      #193536 - 07/09/05 03:20 AM
Wind

You are really pretty. It's nice to see your eyes. I've got to send one of awkward looking me, in, one of these days.

#193539 - 07/09/05 04:00 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Allergies to food, drugs, environment, migraines, asthma, sensitive skin, various joint disorders. Yup, you are right on with the linkage. I am absolutley amazed at how sensitive my system has become.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: oh yeah- I have bruxism, and so possibly TMJ new
      #193541 - 07/09/05 04:44 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

What is BRUXISM ? I know in Portuguese "bruxa" means witch, and from that new picture I can see that you're not one of those. Great pic BTW.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#193542 - 07/09/05 04:50 AM
Portageegal

Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, epilepsy, GERD, some TMJ, and I bite on my tongue (nervous habit). I also "jump" in my sleep. Oh, yeah .... sleep apnea. Slight pollen and mold allergies.

--------------------
Carol

#193543 - 07/09/05 04:51 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've got IBS, but no allergies (that I know of), GERD, or asthma.

#193549 - 07/09/05 05:18 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Other than IBS, I don't really have much wrong. I get hayfever once or twice a year and I have tendonitis, but it doesn't really act up much anymore.

Addition new
      #193565 - 07/09/05 06:43 AM
melitami

Oh yeah, I've got migraines too, and some weird food allergies-ish (bananas are a migraine trigger for me, and I'm allergic to chickpeas).

Plus if you've been in the living room lately, I've got unexplained muscle pain and fatigue that I'm working on getting diagnosed.

--------------------
Melissa

allergies and a tendency to sinus infections... new
      #193575 - 07/09/05 08:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but not asthma (DH has that)or GERD thankfully

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#193579 - 07/09/05 08:19 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Fortunately, the only other things that bother me other than IBS are smell sensitivities & sinus problems. If my hubby puts on cologne he has to go outside to spray it on. Once he sprayed it on in the bedroom and I walked in and it gave me a terrible reaction. I have a hard time finding perfumes that I can tolerate. It's gotten to where I only wear lotion and not perfume anymore. Being in a car with someone with strong perfume makes me so sick. Also, I can smell clorox a mile away....it drives me nuts.

Also, I'm very klutzy always running into stuff. Although I think that might be due to getting older and not IBS. Ha Ha

Barbie

--------------------

#193607 - 07/09/05 10:34 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Now I'm just to penicillin, tetracycline, and mildly to some tree pollens. When I was younger, though, I was allergic to a lot of things (cats, dogs, pollens, molds, mildews) and I was sensitive to a ton of others (mild rashes, sneezing).

No true asthma, but I did have asthma-like attacks from my allergies.

I still don't know if I have GERD. I don't have any of the classic symptoms. If I do have GERD, it's probably because of my hiatal hernia, which I wouldn't think would be allergy-related.

I do have thyroid problems, which may be an auto-immune condition, which is sort of what I think allergies are.

Fabulous picture. You look like those gorgeous, glamorous post-war movie stars.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

bruxism is to grind your teeth- nt new
      #193611 - 07/09/05 10:46 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#193620 - 07/09/05 11:24 AM
Passion

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Phili, PA

no allergies, but def. GERD

--------------------
~*Passion*~
Without Love, where would you be now?

#193624 - 07/09/05 11:53 AM
_Willow

Mwahh haaaa haaaa!!!!
no, a witch I am not, unless I'm a Christian white witch!LOL!
Thanks for the compliments. Sorry for not explaining-I'm a grinder...and a BAD one. There was a very recent very busy post with ..Anthem? i think..and someone was a 'witch" there too!LOL!

Thanks on the compliment, honestly, best pic EVER aken of me. You can hardly tell I'm a size 18 in that pic. I'm a 16 now, lol.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well.....maybe I used to. Now our waiting time is 5 hours.... new
      #193627 - 07/09/05 11:56 AM
_Willow

when I was pregnant with my dd, I was put in an orthodontic CHAIR with an asthma attack and pneumonia for 5 hours, then sent home. Nice first class health care! Things used to be, I was sick, I got adequate care and was in long enough to HEAL. I've actually been super disappointed in the last few years with being sent home too early.

And ew, I used to get sooooo C in the hosp with the anti-IBS diet-the coffee and butter...lol....they made me have suppositories.

OK-my CHILDHOOD memories of hosptals are good. LOL!

And a collapsed lung out of nowhere? OUCHIES!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh girl! You're a wreck!! new
      #193628 - 07/09/05 11:58 AM
_Willow

You need a desert island as bad as I do! As long as there's plenty of safe food, a fire, shelter, and no pollen!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh wow..... new
      #193629 - 07/09/05 11:59 AM
_Willow

Hon, I hope it's nothing too serious. But it wouldn't be a shock if it's fibro, right? What a bummer. I hope it goes away!
See what I mean? We have sensitive bodies. I have had migraines too, seldom, but UGLY.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh, go on! No, really! GO ON!!! thank you so much! new
      #193631 - 07/09/05 12:01 PM
_Willow

I always say, if I have a big bum and lumpy legs, at least I have a face to look at, LOL! But that's an exceptionally good pic of me. my BIL is a photographer. Damn, I love his work sometimes!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

you've realy let me down, LOL!!! new
      #193632 - 07/09/05 12:03 PM
_Willow

I just wanted to do a study, that's all. It appears most of us definitely have something extra too....which I would guess is slightly odd, in a whole world context.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm....endo! new
      #193633 - 07/09/05 12:05 PM
_Willow

Yeah I bet there's a connection too! Bummer hon! I get killer cramps but from having a child and being "internalled" a few times, i doubt it's endo. My sis had it though. She got it all surgically removed and is much happier. The big jerk had a C section the other day and has had hardly any posatpartum bleeding. i guess she paid her dues earlier.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks...and gee, new
      #193634 - 07/09/05 12:07 PM
_Willow

sorry that you have all of them! Lucky you!

I've definitely had tendonitis before, too. We're just all so fragile, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh yep.... new
      #193635 - 07/09/05 12:09 PM
_Willow

Love really mild scents but perfumes drive me MANIC!!

actually, my allergies are always here, so I seldom have a sense of smell anymore.... but when I do, I swear it's so fine tuned that I can smell someone blowing their own nose in the next room. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but I seriously can. And you didn't know boogers HAD a scent. It's a gift, I guess!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yes, migraines, I should have asked! I have them too-when not being a GOOD Heather diet girl. new
      #193636 - 07/09/05 12:11 PM
_Willow

I ahven't had one in a while.
Don't you miss tomato stuff? That's been the hardest thing to eliminate with my GERD. I'd rather have surgery and eat liquid for a month than give up tomato sauces! But, of course, I suck it up and only have them once in a blue moon.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Wind, what are good foods to reverse Osteoporosis? new
      #193637 - 07/09/05 12:12 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I can't handle the meds either. What foods are IBS-safe and good for the osteo?

Oh right-we talked about this... new
      #193638 - 07/09/05 12:23 PM
_Willow

I'm an HSP in the mental sense too--not so much a noise sensitive but emotionally capable of sucking other's feelings off of them and repeating them back a hundredfold. Really stinkin' handy, eh?

Edited from here:
I have done a new post about the HSP because I think it's a fascinating area of study as well.

I also have a hunch that gifted people are HSP as well-I was gifted (NOT BRAGGING-it's not always great, believe me) and always a HSP. From teaching some gifted education and studying giftedness-I can say they are definitely HSPs too! Maybe it means we all have big brains that just don't know what to do with all the power!LOL!

And thank you so much for the beautiful compliment. I'm just beside myself with the gushing!!

I always thought you were beyond beautiful too, Casey! Never knew how to tell you without coming across as TOO friendly!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Not-Sore-Anymore (07/09/05 12:48 PM)

Off-topic... new
      #193641 - 07/09/05 12:30 PM
melitami

I just wanted to say hi, Passion! I noticed you're from Philly, I go to Drexel, so I'm in Philly too. Hi and welcome!

--------------------
Melissa

Hugs Elizabeth... new
      #193644 - 07/09/05 12:42 PM
_Willow

My sensitive sista!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Lucky duck!! new
      #193645 - 07/09/05 12:49 PM
_Willow

You are one of the very few who don't ahve any extra probs. I'm jealous!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Wind-WHOA!!!! new
      #193647 - 07/09/05 12:57 PM
_Willow

Do you ever have a few things on your plate! I understand, though!

I swear that's why we have a sense of humour about things-when you're hospitalized so much early on and have to face mortality so young, you just have to learn to love every day, right? and sometimes feel like God is pickin' on you and not letting you just die!
So i've learned to love life and have fun while I'm here!
my allergies are environmental, pet and food, but thank God the food ones are mild.I've been taking 3 reactine a day to cope with the allergies of pollen though, this season. Unbelievable.

ps- do you take probiotics for your H. Pylori? Is there any research out there on this? I would think it'd help a ton.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Sensitive sense of smell....(ooh, that's alliteration!) new
      #193654 - 07/09/05 01:26 PM
_Willow

Yes, i have that too. I alluded to my ability to smell boogers being blown into a kleenex from a room away...which is gross, but really, did I ask for this?? LOL! and because of my allergies, 75% of the time I can't smell ANYTHING. Go figure.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Not-Sore-Anymore (07/09/05 01:27 PM)

Auto immune.. new
      #193655 - 07/09/05 01:31 PM
_Willow

Yeah, I wonder if our biodies aren't sabotaging themselves, or if it's our world and pollution etc. sabotaging us.

Thanks for the compliment. Wow, I don't know what to say-I've had about 10 of them so far...I sure do love them!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Yes, migraines, I should have asked! I have them too-when not being a GOOD Heather diet girl. new
      #193659 - 07/09/05 01:48 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have them too often. I have to take meds to stop them from coming. Mine seem triggered by environment (heat & possibly allergies) and stress rather than foods that I eat. They were under control and then when the temps started climbing - they came back to nearly non-stop again.

Yes - I miss tomato sauces so much. They really seem to limit you when you go out too. Not only do I miss how they taste - but it can be frustrating to find a good dish sometimes without cheese and cooked tomato.

Re: Wind-WHOA!!!! new
      #193660 - 07/09/05 01:50 PM
Wind

I wish I could take allergy meds. for seasonal stuff. I'm itching like crazy and wheezing and my eyes are so RED!!! They all make me hyper, I regret. I basically stay indoors. I can only use sprays and puffers.

You're right re: early life in hospital wards. I've spent months in hospital at a time. Have you? Some people went to Disney Land or to their cottage and I landed in a pediatric ward, often far from home, because there was more high tech. care.

It does alter ones "perspective" and mode of adapting and coping. Without humour and literature and music and art and all those "indoor" sports, I wouldn't have survived!!! One has to be creative in making "captivity" better than tolerable--fun, or at least funny. I admit, though, I have to censor my humour as it can "jade" me and turn quite sardonic.

I stopped being angry at God long ago and just learned to adapt and flow. To resist "nature" is futile. More can be accomplished with acceptance and there is less constriction which causes tension, stress, and further adversity.

Surprisingly enough...I haven't been hospitalized since my early twenties and I only recently celebrated my 31st birthday.

I do wonder, though, "why me?" I figure, though, that it's part of my karmic life lesson and well...journey.

There are a lot of things that will never happen for me and initially I was ENRAGED, and then I grieved and now I am relieved because I would choose a different path, i.e. to be childless, anyways! (I'm infertile)

I'm learning to stop feeling like a "freak." THIS IS SO HARD!!!

Re: H. Pylori/probiotics. I have not found them effective and experience further distress due to probiotics so I don't take them. I've read that cranberry juice is effective. The drug I take for H. Pylori is a drug also used for GERD.

You're amazing, Shannon. I like your spirit and your energy. You've come a long way.

Re: Wind, what are good foods to reverse Osteoporosis? new
      #193661 - 07/09/05 01:55 PM
Wind

Studies I have read show that animal protein and high protein diets cause calcium depletion as animal protein is acid in nature. Basically, all the calcium I consume is from plant sources, and I don't consume soy. Foods high in vitamin K and silica, as well as collegan building foods are bone-builders. I consume my greens.

Re: A little survey for you all....EDITED due to new info! new
      #193682 - 07/09/05 03:45 PM
Leslie123

Reged: 06/12/05

GERD no, asthma no, eczema and migraines yes.

#193683 - 07/09/05 04:28 PM
Karen From Kansas

Reged: 07/29/04
Loc: Kansas, obviously

Asthma -- in the past
Allergies -- yes, esp sinus
GERD -- after I eat a lot
HSP -- can be, when feeling depressed
headaches -- yes, but tension
migraines -- only occasionally
acne -- for 20 years, nonstop
anxiety and depression -- yes -- on miracle Prozac
PMDD (severe PMS) -- yes!!!!!!!
Bruxism (tooth grinding) -- badly. I have a $250 bite guard. I also wear retainers and have bit through the wires

SO, I guess I fit in okay, huh?

Still, I am wondering if I have IBS. I think I have slow-transit constipation now, not IBS.

Still, it's a tummy problem.

Karen from Kansas

--------------------
Karen from Kansas
IBS-C for 8 years

I DO have some extra's....might not disappoint so much. new
      #193720 - 07/09/05 08:20 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have GERD, I have a lot of non-IBS unexplained symptoms despite multiple extensive tests to figure out what's wrong, I suspect Fibro but my GP refuses to diagnose it, I DO have GERD and in regards to your other post on sensitivities I've always thought I wasn't a particularly sensitive person however I can tick almost everything on that list. Birds in the morning make me want to go out and screech "SHUT UP" at them, kids in the morning likewise (too bad I have 3 noisies ), night club lights send me into gaga land and at the first sign of an argument with DH I'm running for the toilet faster than he can start yelling! So maybe there's something in it after all

--------------------
Amy

Thank you, that's really touching to me!! new
      #193739 - 07/09/05 11:11 PM
_Willow

I really appreciate your words on my positivity. I feel like I have to be. I'm not at all angry or confused about where I am in life either I appreciate all I ahve so much more. My mom had a baby who died after TWO days alive. And I'm here 29 years later, tyvm!!

I actually believe that everything in life is there to teach a lesson of some sort-and sometimes they are really hard lessons to grasp at first but eventually they will come. To me, the hardest thing to cope with right now, is I'm a very good teacher, I know I am, and all the people I teach for know I am, but I can't get a job because that's just how things ARe right now. And I guess I'm learning patience...but I can't have another child, which I so desperately want, until I get at least semi permanent work. And I don't know when that will come. And we can't buy a house till then either...it's difficult. but I know my lesson in patience, and perseverance are there, and there must be another lesson that I'm not fully getting. When they all make sense to me, I'm just cosmically relieved.

And once I know the lessons completely, I usually advance to a new place in my life. God's neat that way.

It must have been difficult coming to terms with infertility- but as you say, life eventually provides a reason or lesson out of it.

AS for allergies-I use puffers and Otrivin CONSTANTLY and Reactine. I'm naturally hyper so no biggie...but even three a day!WHOA that's a lot for me, and it's just holding the sneeze in my nose, not taking away any irritation at all. And I have about 50 bug bites sending histamines soaring through the bloodstream so meds don't matter anyhow. I' m seriously considering allergy shots again. Can't be this miserable! So I ahve the red puffy overscratched beady eyes, sniffly nose- every time I bend down it runs, sniffles, itchy everything and just plain old BITC#Y!

OK, rant over.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

OMG totally!! new
      #193740 - 07/09/05 11:13 PM
_Willow

Cannot handle my DD in the morning, I have considered buying a gun to KILL the birds, though I'm a nature lover... and fights? DH and I just DO not have them bec. we are both so nervous and hate conflict, and there's very little we find worth arguing over, Thank God!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

tell me about it!! new
      #193741 - 07/09/05 11:14 PM
_Willow

I am currently digesting a tomato pasta.... it was truly one of my favorite favorite things before I knew the GERD and IBS existed in any real sense. Wah!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Think our brains work too fast?? new
      #193742 - 07/09/05 11:17 PM
_Willow

I use a night guard and have to go see the dentist soon bec. I've literally CHEWED holes in it! OMG! When I saw him at 21 years old( 8 yrs ago) he said I had 40 year old teeth. Cusps? I have "foothills". I'm so jealous of Kayleigh's perfect little mountain teeth. This all began, by thew way, when I began college and 3 days later my boyfriend of a year dumped me for another girl..never got quite normal after that. LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Not-Sore-Anymore (07/09/05 11:19 PM)

Re: Lucky duck!! new
      #193747 - 07/10/05 03:43 AM
thepurplelollie

Heh... I do have depression and anxiety... but yes, I've VERY lucky not to have allergies as well.
I feel so bad for people who do, I can't imagine what it must be like.

--------------------
*Emma*

Re: Think our brains work too fast?? new
      #193752 - 07/10/05 04:55 AM
Portageegal

Be glad it's your teeth. I CHEW my tongue. In a while I think I will be able to buy a tongue ring. You can see the impressions of my teeth in it on the left side.
WHEN my brain is working I think it is too fast. I can't watch t.v. and do nothing else. That is why I am on the computer so much. Horoscopes, psychics, and palm readers have all said I am "scattered". Boy, ain't that the truth.

--------------------
Carol

Re: I DO have some extra's....might not disappoint so much. new
      #193753 - 07/10/05 05:11 AM
Portageegal

Are you talking strobe lights? I am epileptic (been under control for years) and I know that strobes can bring on a seizure in people. As a matter of fact, using a strobe is part of a test they do. Birds in the a.m ..... yep, I start thinking of recipies for roast robin and cardinal casserole. All IBS safe of course.

--------------------
Carol

Re: Hugs Elizabeth... new
      #193778 - 07/10/05 08:29 AM
e_mcmaster

Hey, it's nice to know there's someone else out there, Shannon!

--------------------
Elizabeth

#193800 - 07/10/05 09:34 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, Shannon! This is a really interesting thread you've started. Other than the IBS and anxiety, I don't have any other disorders that I'm aware of. Heh.

I am allergic to Sulfa Drugs and sawdust, but that's about it.

When I'm in pain or anxious I chew on the inside of my left cheek and clench my jaws, but I must not do it that much because the dentist hasn't noticed any changes in my teeth. I'm going to ask my doctor about fibro when I see her in August because I've been having some sleeping difficulties, muscle pain, fatigue. Really, I think I just need to start an exercise regimen!

Oh, I don't know if this counts, but I had open heart surgery when I was three years old to correct a congenital heart defect (ventricular septal defect = hole in left ventricle that did not close itself). I'm all better now. I had an electrocardiogram in November and my heart murmur's gone and there's not even any sign of scar tissue! I guess I wonder if anyone else had this or if anyone else is part of the "Zipper Club?" I have a friend who had the same problem and she also has IBS. I'm sure it's just coincidence. Still it makes me curious!

For Kate and Shannon new
      #193817 - 07/10/05 10:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You are So inspiring to me!

I AM angry with G-d sometimes. Mad about my situation in life. And here are the two of you with so much "wrong" in your lives..yet you have peace/humor/serenity/acceptance/love.

How much I have to learn from you both *hugs* Thank you for this lesson!!!

I have IBS C, GERD (possibly an ulcer by now), constant sinus trouble that waxes and wanes yet I test negative for allergies (naturopth believes I have many intolerances...not just to foo. And I know I'm allergic to my dog...get hives whenever she scratches me...welts actually!), fibro, migraines, I had chronic bronchitus for YEARS (diet helps a LOT), anorexia/overeating, anxiety (perhaps depression...let ya know after I see a psychiatrist), ADD, 7 LD's, the list goes on...

Great survery Shannon *hugs* You have a friend in me too (from the Fitness post!) Sending you lots of love!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

mmm, wavy tongue-yes, i have that too-but new
      #193958 - 07/10/05 09:36 PM
_Willow

what I do is suck ALL the saliva out of my mouth, and all the air, and clamp down nice and hard. And push my chin up with my hands to fall asleep. Pushing up helps my sinuses drain.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well, Emma... new
      #193959 - 07/10/05 09:38 PM
_Willow

(and BTW I love your name)
I find it really hard to imagine what anxiety and depression are like. i get bouts of both, a week here and there every year or so when it's extreme stress time.

But I see very very serious anxiety with my MIL, and serious depression with my sister.It seems so difficult to be trapped in that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LMAO!! Gag!! new
      #193960 - 07/10/05 09:39 PM
_Willow

They'd taste gamey.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Love to you, grrl!!And ps- new
      #193961 - 07/10/05 09:41 PM
_Willow

what does boomer sooner mean? I really like the sound of it!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Aww, you sweetheart! new
      #193962 - 07/10/05 09:45 PM
_Willow

And yes, we're definitely friends, Beth!!

I don't even see it as what's wrong with me, just as what sort of....well, roadblocks i have. I'm well enough to work full time and be a good mom and wife, and have a great family and friends who understand I hate to be crowded. I do what I love, and the only things that really upset me in this world are that I can't have a teaching contract,mortgage and another child RIGHT NOW....and also,I am really easily sistressed to see loved ones, friends or family, not respect themselves enough.

And, G-d gets me through that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ps- new
      #193963 - 07/10/05 09:47 PM
_Willow

I think it's the proper jewish thing to do to be angry at God, and you know what? Sometimes, it's OK and healthy. That's how you come to understanding and terms with it.

The only thing I don't think I could ever come to terms with is if my child died too young. i'd never understand that. I think my mom doesn't either, 27 years later.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Zipper club? LOL!! new
      #193966 - 07/10/05 09:52 PM
_Willow

Cute. maybe there is a connection. i had NO idea how big this would get, and how much feedback would come from it. I think it's worth a medical investigation. i wonder if this stuff is all congenital. Perhaps!

I'm hivey allergic to sulfas too.Found that out after hanging out in the sun too much with a bladder infection, LOL! And I get anaphylactic to snails...um...escargot.Lil trip to the ER for mommy when DD was 3 mos old... Fun schtuff!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Me and my health! new
      #193984 - 07/11/05 03:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

OKAY....

GERDs.
Asthma - primarily exercise induced.
Fibro....with migraine, TMJ (and some tooth grinding), light/sound/smell sensitivity, scoliosis.
Depression/anxiety - seems to be Fibro linked.
Is HSP highly sensitive? Cos that's me too. I'm very empathic and get upset easily by films/news/etc...but I'm also opinionated!

I was diagnosed with food sensitivities years before I got IBS...and the triggers for IBS correlate pretty much with those.

ALOT of my stuff is to do with my Fibro...or "Irritable Body Syndrome" as it's sometimes called.

Re: Love to you, grrl!!And ps- new
      #194012 - 07/11/05 06:39 AM
e_mcmaster

I'm a junior at the University of Oklahoma. Our mascots are the Sooners, who were the settlers of the west during the land BOOM/rush of 1889. The Sooners left before dawn, which is why they are called the "Sooners," and got the best land.

Therefore, we say "Boomer Sooner" because they were the SOONERS during the land BOOM.

And because we have a fantastic football team! Go OU!

--------------------
Elizabeth

asthma, migraines, ibs new
      #194059 - 07/11/05 07:47 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

My otherwise useless GI told me something interesting. I have asthma (pretty bad) and IBS, and he said both are functional disorders that cause problems when your healthy organs freak out. Like if you have asthma, there is nothing wrong with your lungs or bronchial tubes-- they just constrict way too hard. Same with IBS. Our insides look fine, they just overreact (or under, or both). I don't suffer from migraines (thank the merciful Lord, I don't think I could deal with one more problem ...), but the doc said they are basically caused by blood vesssels doing the same thing. He said there is a very high correlation between IBS, asthma, and migraines, so that if you suffer from one you are more likely to suffer from one or both of the other two. Hope that makes sense.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Fibro's also functional... new
      #194074 - 07/11/05 08:10 AM
Linz

...like that. However, another way of looking at it is that science today doesn't know where to look to see what's broken in us! So they just say..."you don't work right"!

Me Too! new
      #194082 - 07/11/05 08:30 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have all the same things Linz has mentioned! But the thing that struck me was the Asthma-primarily exercise induced. I have never been diagnosed with Asthma but on bad pollen days I have a real hard time breathing and after exercise I feel like my chest and throat are closing up and I wheeze something terrible. I have to concentrate on my breathing and remain calm to get it to stop. I mentioned this to my doc and he said "Yeah you are outta shape." But I am wondering if it is related to the Fibro or IBS somehow.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Gifted and HSP new
      #194165 - 07/11/05 10:30 AM
Sand

Quote:

I also have a hunch that gifted people are HSP as well-I was gifted (NOT BRAGGING-it's not always great, believe me) and always a HSP. From teaching some gifted education and studying giftedness-I can say they are definitely HSPs too! Maybe it means we all have big brains that just don't know what to do with all the power!LOL!

An alternate - less cheerful - explanation is that gifted children are often treated as something akin to freaks. That would certainly be enough to make us all a little sensitive.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Grrr! new
      #194179 - 07/11/05 10:54 AM
Linz

When I was a little kid, I was told by all my teachers that I wheezed when I ran cos I was unfit...so I ended up thinking I was really fat and yucky. It was only when I went to secondary school that I was diagnosed with asthma as the PE teachers were so used to seeing it. But that mental image stayed with me for ages.

Doctors just don't seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together. If you have exercise induced asthma, it's really hard (and sometimes scary) to do cardio exercise which is why you get unfit. The asthma causes the unfitness, NOT the other way round!

Make your doc do a peak flow test. When my GP finally got round to doing one on me, he was surprised I was alive it was so low!

IBSC, frequent headaches, migraines n/t new
      #194196 - 07/11/05 11:39 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

IBS, migraines, sensitive skin and much more new
      #194288 - 07/11/05 02:55 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I have had IBS for 5 years. Tests by allergist showed slight reaction to milk, soy, and whole wheat. My skin is really sensitive, I have to use frangrance/dye free detergent, lotions, etc., or I break out in rashes. I have migraines (since like I was 9 years old) that are awful and food triggered, one of those major triggers is soy, so I can't do half the recipes in Heather's book. Also, strong odors such as cigarette smoke, cleaning products, etc. will set a migraine off. Most acidic foods cause me to get little bumps on my forhead. And high iodine foods cause me acne (which knocks out the other half of Heather's recipes).I can't use any acne products because they all burn my skin, till it literally peels off, so I just avoid iodine completely if I can.

Oh, well... new
      #194293 - 07/11/05 03:11 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

On the new list, I do get migraines. I used to get them a lot, saw a neurologist, thought they were gone for ever, then I got a few this past spring. Apparently people who get migraines should never take Birth Control, but I like it, so I'm hoping not to get any more since I don't want to give the BC up just yet. No to the other stuff still though. My husband covers those.

You do know you can substitute rice products for a lot of the soy? -nt- new
      #194339 - 07/11/05 05:38 PM
Sand

--------------------

Irritable Body Syndrome... new
      #194345 - 07/11/05 06:00 PM
_Willow

that's great! I think that's me too-I'm not an irritable person but my bod sure is!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm, iodine...I've never heard that! new
      #194346 - 07/11/05 06:03 PM
_Willow

And why does it react like that to you?

Maybe that's why I get little bumps-too much acid....I get canker sores from acidic food and kiwis, bananas and SOMTHING else(I got some yesterday) I haven't yet identified. Aww, what a pain our bodies are.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh I so agree.... new
      #194348 - 07/11/05 06:07 PM
_Willow

I ahted getting D's in Phys Ed because I was too sick to participate. Lucky for them I was in hospital constantly so they didn't think I was a liar. But to this day I'm terrified of too much exercise, because I've been in intensive care on the edge of death with asthma, and I know I don't want to be there again.

Consequently, it sure has gotten better since I quit second hand smoking 2 packs a day from my mom and all restaurants(they're smoke free here, GLORIOUS!) Stupid smoke.

ps- I do my peak flow on a weekly basis. I can tell a bad attack about 3 weeks away, and can sometimes stave them off.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Go get a peak flow and spiromertry measured. new
      #194349 - 07/11/05 06:08 PM
_Willow

It really sounds like asthma-in shape or not. Jerkdoctor.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

What is HSP? Thanks! n-t new
      #194352 - 07/11/05 06:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Emma new
      #194354 - 07/11/05 06:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

I never would have guessed you have depression/anxiety! So many folks on the boards seem to...and y'all seem so STABLE! Can I ask what has helped yo the most? If you don't want to post...feel free to e-mail me @

Ruchily@yahoo.com

I am seeing a psychiatrist next Mon. or sooner if there is a cancellation to get a diagnosis. My therapist def. thinks I have some kind of psychiatric disorder including depression and anxiety. I would love to know how you cope so well!

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: What is HSP? new
      #194488 - 07/12/05 07:36 AM
Sand

Highly Sensitive Personality/Person. Not-Sore-Anymore has another thread running on that.

--------------------

I just started back on BC pills.... no migraine problems... new
      #194734 - 07/12/05 02:13 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I get LOTS of headaches & migraines (have pretty much my whole life). Was off BC for probably 6 years. But recently was having hormone problems, so I started back on a different BC pill this month. So far, I'm doing great. But you know, before the pill I was having horrible headache problems, so maybe some of that was caused by hormonal imbalance.

Re: Hmm, iodine...I've never heard that! new
      #194771 - 07/12/05 03:13 PM
angela3

If you read the pamphlet that comes with Proactiv (which I cant' use anyway because my skin is so senstive and it burns, but that's a whole other story), it even mentions that acne prone people should avoid foods high in iodine.

So I do little experiments when I read something to see if cutting it out will help or not. So I realized I was eating a lot of high iodine foods such as salmon, seafood, salty tortilla chips, etc. When I stopped those foods the acne got better. Now, if I eat out at restaurants alot (because they all use iodized salt in their foods) I start breaking out again, so I start watching my iodine intake again, and then my skin gets better.

So I know I am probably overkilling it but, I just won't eat anything that I know has iodized salt in it, and I cook all my own foods with non-iodized salt.

Re: You do know you can substitute rice products for a lot of the soy? -nt- new
      #194773 - 07/12/05 03:17 PM
angela3

well, I tried rice milk and it breaks my skin out...my only theory is that they use iodized salt in it, because I can't see any other ingredient in it that would break me out.

Also, most rice milks products have carrageenan in them, which for a migraine person is equal to eating MSG (monosodium glutatmate). Carrageenan comes from seaweed, which is naturally high in glutamates.

So both rice and soy milk are out for me.

#194776 - 07/12/05 03:29 PM
melitami

You could try almond or oat milk.

--------------------
Melissa

#194784 - 07/12/05 03:56 PM
angela3

I appreciate the suggestions. But nuts (including almonds) also trigger my migraines. I have not yet been able to find oat milk. But the way my luck goes, I am sure it also would do something bad to me.

Thanks Sand *hugs* n-t new
      #194807 - 07/12/05 05:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I had no idea... new
      #194916 - 07/12/05 11:55 PM
_Willow

The acne i've had has been totally an allergic thing. i do find I break out in late summer. Every single year. Weirdest thing! Maybe it's a harvesting sensitivity!LOL!

Does your body not need a certain amount of iodine though? I thought it was so darn good....Then again, so is dairy, right?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

And if all else fails, go milkless!LOL! new
      #194918 - 07/12/05 11:57 PM
_Willow

I go some days without my soy milk-it's not a crucial thing anyhow. And carageenan can be bad even for IBSers-no fair!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Emma new
      #195445 - 07/14/05 12:13 AM
thepurplelollie

Heh, the honest answer is I don't cope so much, really! I'm just not a big talker about it - I've found the my depression scares people in real life (and makes them angry because they're afraid), and my anxiety makes people go "harden up!". I tend to be the person people go to when they're having depression-type problems also, so it kinda feels rude to start in about my problems.

My anxiety manifests itself most noticeably in the form of major heart-racing, going-to-puke-or-pass out panic attacks. The depression's harder to describe since it's there all the time, just in varying levels and moods. Some days I don't want to live.. fortunately I'm thinking so fuzzy on those days I can't work out how to not live! Other days I can be just fine all day, or anything in between. A couple of months ago I had the best two weeks I can remember ever, so that's encouraged me a lot and makes being down seem more manageable.

Basically I think it stems from my "annus horribilus", to borrow a phrase from the Queen.. 1997. A couple of awful things happened that year which I don't really talk about.. but here they are.
That year I moved cities with my parents. The first person I met in Wellington after moving wanted to sell me pot when I was out for a walk exploring my new neighbourhood. Being a rebellious child I made friends with this guy, who a few weeks later killed another girl on the sports field of the school I'd just started. So my parents told the police I'd been talking to this guy and I had to go testify at his trial, and it was all pretty awful. I went a bit nuts after that and did some stupid things, like hitchhiking... and inevitably I was raped while hitchhiking. That was also the year I REALLY got into drugs, I moved from pot to acid and a couple of years later to meth and ecstasy (which, incidentally, I blame for my IBS. They should include that in drug education! Don't do drugs, you'll never have another good poo for the rest of your life!)
So, once I figured out in 2001 exactly how messed up I was, when the panic attacks started, I gave up all drugs and alcohol, but I'm still dealing with the effects. I think I probably always will be. So. That's my story. I kind of feel bad about unloading on people because so much of it is my own stupid fault.

I've never been on any meds for either anxiety or depression. Because I've moved cities, been a student etc I've kept shifting doctors. Every time I go to a doctor's office and burst into tears they run a battery of tests and say they might prescribe something, but it's another appointment and another $60, so it's never ended up happening. I'm kinda scared of ADs too.. scared they might make me nauseous or feel weird. But so many people here have had such success with them that they're looking more and more like a viable option.

It has been a bit better the last couple of months. As I've been stabilising with the IBS and not feeling as nauseous, the anxiety has subsided a bit. My main panic trigger is nausea, because of the emetophobia... but low-level anxiety quickly whips me up into fever pitch because I'm so afraid of it.

My biggest factor in reducing it, I guess, has been making myself get out and do things. Terrifying things. Like driving on the motorway and going to work! When there's no other option but to go and stick it out (because I'm well out of sick leave and a day off costs me well over $100 due to that), it gets easier. If I can stick out being at work another half hour, usually I can do it for another hour, then til lunch, then til hometime etc.

As for the depression, I've been trying "fake it til you make it" at work, and I've been going out to stand-up comedy once a week, which is GREAT. Laughing is SO good for you. I've made one of my friends keep telling me people want to hear from me, which makes it easier for me to spend time with friends (I tend to not call people because I can't imagine why they'd want to hear from me).

So that stuff all helps. I think that one important thing to do, is to work out what thoughts are floating around your head on your bad days and work out how to change them. You may need the help of hubby and friends for this!

I so hope your appointment goes well, Ruchie. You're amazing, and I hope some of my ramblings help you.

--------------------
*Emma*

Re: Emma new
      #195625 - 07/14/05 11:08 AM
Snow for Sarala

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this with me *huge hugs* Second...please do NOT think it was your fault!

I am wondering if perhaps you have always had bipolar? That would explain feeling like you want to die some days and like you're on top of the world others? It would also explain rebelling! Did you have highs/lows BEFORE you took drugs? Do you know WHY you rebelled? What did you feel like when you did? Again, PLEASE feel free to e-mail me if you like *hugs* You are DEF helping me, more than you know...if I can do the same for you I would be very greatful

Hubby and I were talking the other night. He asked what being hospitalized had been like for me. And out of nowhere...I recalled a conversation with my mom where she told me they diagnosed me with bipolar and OCD at the hospital...but she didn't believe them and neither should I. (Being bipolar would explain why I did a LOT of things in my life!) I am hoping to get a clean-slate diagnosis Mon. at my psychiatric evaluation since I don't recall being told the diagnosis myself-I only recall the conversation I had with my mom (though they DID put me on lithium which I believe is a classic bipolar drug...someone correct me if I'm wrong).

IF you have a chemical imbalance you def. need to do something to help yourself...as would anyone in that situation. Whoever's "fault" it was...that doesn't mean you don't deserve help NOW...you DO! You're so very special Emma!!!!! *big huge hugs* And to me you are a WORLD onto yourself...

I am so glad you shared this with me. It helps me to see I am not alone...and to know I have a friend in you...and to know it is not my fault either!

Sending you love...and a plea to keep writing one another

Love,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

{{{hugs}}}... new
      #195637 - 07/14/05 11:47 AM
Linz

...to both Emma and Ruchie!

Em...I've done really well on A-d's and I'm like one big advert for them. W/out them (well with them occasionally atm but that's another story and I'm considering getting my doses changed) I'm anxious, panicky, tearful, bipolar (not diagnosed, but much of my Mum's family is borderline bp too in my opinion) and just down right crazy...life before them got seriously tough and scary (hiding in the airing cupboard cos it was warm and dark and felt safe? That one really freaked Si out. How "want to return to the womb" is that? )

HTH some.

Ruchie - I didn't know you'd been hospitalised! How old were you? Do NOT get me started on mental hospitals.

For Linz...hospitals new
      #195672 - 07/14/05 12:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

I was SO AFRAID to come out and say I'd been hospitalzed...family secret you know EVERYTHING in my fam is a secret...

I was 15 going on 16 and was there until I was sixteen and a couple of months. 3 hospitals. LONG story. If you want to know more, I will e-mail you. Were you as well? Why do you dislike them? I had issues as well...

Sending you love,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie, new
      #195763 - 07/14/05 04:09 PM
_Willow

Yes, lithium is the classic bipolar drug. I think they also have other options nowadays. I sure hope you get some sort of peace from your doctor's appointment. let us know, OK?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Ruchie, new
      #195796 - 07/14/05 05:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

Shannon, you're too sweet *hugs*

I will let you know...I'll post in the LR. my appoint. is Mon.

I am def. looking forward to being told to my face what is wrong with me Seriously though I AM. I want to know once and for all why I am the way I am!

How are you doing? How are your allergies, tummy, etc.? i hope you feel on top of the world (just nothing ok...not like me right now...I'm gonna crash and burn! I want you to feel stably sublime! Always GOOD!)

Sending you lots of love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie, new
      #195805 - 07/14/05 06:14 PM
Wind

Ruchie: there are tons of other bipolar drugs. Trust me.

Well, I'm not OK right now. I will post in LR too. NT new
      #195829 - 07/14/05 08:45 PM
_Willow

nm

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL! That's complex! new
      #195830 - 07/14/05 08:46 PM
_Willow

i'd never have figured it out on my own. I feel very validated in asking!

Love football!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Well, I'm not OK right now. I will post in LR too. NT new
      #195831 - 07/14/05 08:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Oh no Shannon *hugs* I hope you WILL BE okay...

My e-mail is Ruchily@yahoo.com if you want to chat.

Sending you lots of love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 108922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review