All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
Grrr! new
      #194179 - 07/11/05 10:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

When I was a little kid, I was told by all my teachers that I wheezed when I ran cos I was unfit...so I ended up thinking I was really fat and yucky. It was only when I went to secondary school that I was diagnosed with asthma as the PE teachers were so used to seeing it. But that mental image stayed with me for ages.

Doctors just don't seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together. If you have exercise induced asthma, it's really hard (and sometimes scary) to do cardio exercise which is why you get unfit. The asthma causes the unfitness, NOT the other way round!

Make your doc do a peak flow test. When my GP finally got round to doing one on me, he was surprised I was alive it was so low!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

IBSC, frequent headaches, migraines n/t new
      #194196 - 07/11/05 11:39 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

IBS, migraines, sensitive skin and much more new
      #194288 - 07/11/05 02:55 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I have had IBS for 5 years. Tests by allergist showed slight reaction to milk, soy, and whole wheat. My skin is really sensitive, I have to use frangrance/dye free detergent, lotions, etc., or I break out in rashes. I have migraines (since like I was 9 years old) that are awful and food triggered, one of those major triggers is soy, so I can't do half the recipes in Heather's book. Also, strong odors such as cigarette smoke, cleaning products, etc. will set a migraine off. Most acidic foods cause me to get little bumps on my forhead. And high iodine foods cause me acne (which knocks out the other half of Heather's recipes).I can't use any acne products because they all burn my skin, till it literally peels off, so I just avoid iodine completely if I can.

Oh, well... new
      #194293 - 07/11/05 03:11 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

On the new list, I do get migraines. I used to get them a lot, saw a neurologist, thought they were gone for ever, then I got a few this past spring. Apparently people who get migraines should never take Birth Control, but I like it, so I'm hoping not to get any more since I don't want to give the BC up just yet. No to the other stuff still though. My husband covers those.

You do know you can substitute rice products for a lot of the soy? -nt- new
      #194339 - 07/11/05 05:38 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Irritable Body Syndrome... new
      #194345 - 07/11/05 06:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that's great! I think that's me too-I'm not an irritable person but my bod sure is!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm, iodine...I've never heard that! new
      #194346 - 07/11/05 06:03 PM
_Willow

And why does it react like that to you?

Maybe that's why I get little bumps-too much acid....I get canker sores from acidic food and kiwis, bananas and SOMTHING else(I got some yesterday) I haven't yet identified. Aww, what a pain our bodies are.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh I so agree.... new
      #194348 - 07/11/05 06:07 PM
_Willow

I ahted getting D's in Phys Ed because I was too sick to participate. Lucky for them I was in hospital constantly so they didn't think I was a liar. But to this day I'm terrified of too much exercise, because I've been in intensive care on the edge of death with asthma, and I know I don't want to be there again.

Consequently, it sure has gotten better since I quit second hand smoking 2 packs a day from my mom and all restaurants(they're smoke free here, GLORIOUS!) Stupid smoke.

ps- I do my peak flow on a weekly basis. I can tell a bad attack about 3 weeks away, and can sometimes stave them off.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Go get a peak flow and spiromertry measured. new
      #194349 - 07/11/05 06:08 PM
_Willow

It really sounds like asthma-in shape or not. Jerkdoctor.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

What is HSP? Thanks! n-t new
      #194352 - 07/11/05 06:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 901 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 108928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review