All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
Love to you, grrl!!And ps- new
      #193961 - 07/10/05 09:41 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

what does boomer sooner mean? I really like the sound of it!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww, you sweetheart! new
      #193962 - 07/10/05 09:45 PM
_Willow

And yes, we're definitely friends, Beth!!

I don't even see it as what's wrong with me, just as what sort of....well, roadblocks i have. I'm well enough to work full time and be a good mom and wife, and have a great family and friends who understand I hate to be crowded. I do what I love, and the only things that really upset me in this world are that I can't have a teaching contract,mortgage and another child RIGHT NOW....and also,I am really easily sistressed to see loved ones, friends or family, not respect themselves enough.

And, G-d gets me through that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ps- new
      #193963 - 07/10/05 09:47 PM
_Willow

I think it's the proper jewish thing to do to be angry at God, and you know what? Sometimes, it's OK and healthy. That's how you come to understanding and terms with it.

The only thing I don't think I could ever come to terms with is if my child died too young. i'd never understand that. I think my mom doesn't either, 27 years later.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Zipper club? LOL!! new
      #193966 - 07/10/05 09:52 PM
_Willow

Cute. maybe there is a connection. i had NO idea how big this would get, and how much feedback would come from it. I think it's worth a medical investigation. i wonder if this stuff is all congenital. Perhaps!

I'm hivey allergic to sulfas too.Found that out after hanging out in the sun too much with a bladder infection, LOL! And I get anaphylactic to snails...um...escargot.Lil trip to the ER for mommy when DD was 3 mos old... Fun schtuff!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Me and my health! new
      #193984 - 07/11/05 03:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

OKAY....

GERDs.
Asthma - primarily exercise induced.
Fibro....with migraine, TMJ (and some tooth grinding), light/sound/smell sensitivity, scoliosis.
Depression/anxiety - seems to be Fibro linked.
Is HSP highly sensitive? Cos that's me too. I'm very empathic and get upset easily by films/news/etc...but I'm also opinionated!

I was diagnosed with food sensitivities years before I got IBS...and the triggers for IBS correlate pretty much with those.

ALOT of my stuff is to do with my Fibro...or "Irritable Body Syndrome" as it's sometimes called.

Re: Love to you, grrl!!And ps- new
      #194012 - 07/11/05 06:39 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I'm a junior at the University of Oklahoma. Our mascots are the Sooners, who were the settlers of the west during the land BOOM/rush of 1889. The Sooners left before dawn, which is why they are called the "Sooners," and got the best land.

Therefore, we say "Boomer Sooner" because they were the SOONERS during the land BOOM.

And because we have a fantastic football team! Go OU!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

asthma, migraines, ibs new
      #194059 - 07/11/05 07:47 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

My otherwise useless GI told me something interesting. I have asthma (pretty bad) and IBS, and he said both are functional disorders that cause problems when your healthy organs freak out. Like if you have asthma, there is nothing wrong with your lungs or bronchial tubes-- they just constrict way too hard. Same with IBS. Our insides look fine, they just overreact (or under, or both). I don't suffer from migraines (thank the merciful Lord, I don't think I could deal with one more problem ...), but the doc said they are basically caused by blood vesssels doing the same thing. He said there is a very high correlation between IBS, asthma, and migraines, so that if you suffer from one you are more likely to suffer from one or both of the other two. Hope that makes sense.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Fibro's also functional... new
      #194074 - 07/11/05 08:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...like that. However, another way of looking at it is that science today doesn't know where to look to see what's broken in us! So they just say..."you don't work right"!

Me Too! new
      #194082 - 07/11/05 08:30 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have all the same things Linz has mentioned! But the thing that struck me was the Asthma-primarily exercise induced. I have never been diagnosed with Asthma but on bad pollen days I have a real hard time breathing and after exercise I feel like my chest and throat are closing up and I wheeze something terrible. I have to concentrate on my breathing and remain calm to get it to stop. I mentioned this to my doc and he said "Yeah you are outta shape." But I am wondering if it is related to the Fibro or IBS somehow.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Gifted and HSP new
      #194165 - 07/11/05 10:30 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

I also have a hunch that gifted people are HSP as well-I was gifted (NOT BRAGGING-it's not always great, believe me) and always a HSP. From teaching some gifted education and studying giftedness-I can say they are definitely HSPs too! Maybe it means we all have big brains that just don't know what to do with all the power!LOL!

An alternate - less cheerful - explanation is that gifted children are often treated as something akin to freaks. That would certainly be enough to make us all a little sensitive.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2067 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 109014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review