All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
Think our brains work too fast?? new
      #193742 - 07/09/05 11:17 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I use a night guard and have to go see the dentist soon bec. I've literally CHEWED holes in it! OMG! When I saw him at 21 years old( 8 yrs ago) he said I had 40 year old teeth. Cusps? I have "foothills". I'm so jealous of Kayleigh's perfect little mountain teeth. This all began, by thew way, when I began college and 3 days later my boyfriend of a year dumped me for another girl..never got quite normal after that. LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Not-Sore-Anymore (07/09/05 11:19 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lucky duck!! new
      #193747 - 07/10/05 03:43 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Heh... I do have depression and anxiety... but yes, I've VERY lucky not to have allergies as well.
I feel so bad for people who do, I can't imagine what it must be like.

--------------------
*Emma*

Re: Think our brains work too fast?? new
      #193752 - 07/10/05 04:55 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Be glad it's your teeth. I CHEW my tongue. In a while I think I will be able to buy a tongue ring. You can see the impressions of my teeth in it on the left side.
WHEN my brain is working I think it is too fast. I can't watch t.v. and do nothing else. That is why I am on the computer so much. Horoscopes, psychics, and palm readers have all said I am "scattered". Boy, ain't that the truth.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: I DO have some extra's....might not disappoint so much. new
      #193753 - 07/10/05 05:11 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Are you talking strobe lights? I am epileptic (been under control for years) and I know that strobes can bring on a seizure in people. As a matter of fact, using a strobe is part of a test they do. Birds in the a.m ..... yep, I start thinking of recipies for roast robin and cardinal casserole. All IBS safe of course.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Hugs Elizabeth... new
      #193778 - 07/10/05 08:29 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Hey, it's nice to know there's someone else out there, Shannon!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: A little survey for you all....EDITED due to new info! new
      #193800 - 07/10/05 09:34 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, Shannon! This is a really interesting thread you've started. Other than the IBS and anxiety, I don't have any other disorders that I'm aware of. Heh.

I am allergic to Sulfa Drugs and sawdust, but that's about it.

When I'm in pain or anxious I chew on the inside of my left cheek and clench my jaws, but I must not do it that much because the dentist hasn't noticed any changes in my teeth. I'm going to ask my doctor about fibro when I see her in August because I've been having some sleeping difficulties, muscle pain, fatigue. Really, I think I just need to start an exercise regimen!

Oh, I don't know if this counts, but I had open heart surgery when I was three years old to correct a congenital heart defect (ventricular septal defect = hole in left ventricle that did not close itself). I'm all better now. I had an electrocardiogram in November and my heart murmur's gone and there's not even any sign of scar tissue! I guess I wonder if anyone else had this or if anyone else is part of the "Zipper Club?" I have a friend who had the same problem and she also has IBS. I'm sure it's just coincidence. Still it makes me curious!

For Kate and Shannon new
      #193817 - 07/10/05 10:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You are So inspiring to me!

I AM angry with G-d sometimes. Mad about my situation in life. And here are the two of you with so much "wrong" in your lives..yet you have peace/humor/serenity/acceptance/love.

How much I have to learn from you both *hugs* Thank you for this lesson!!!

I have IBS C, GERD (possibly an ulcer by now), constant sinus trouble that waxes and wanes yet I test negative for allergies (naturopth believes I have many intolerances...not just to foo. And I know I'm allergic to my dog...get hives whenever she scratches me...welts actually!), fibro, migraines, I had chronic bronchitus for YEARS (diet helps a LOT), anorexia/overeating, anxiety (perhaps depression...let ya know after I see a psychiatrist), ADD, 7 LD's, the list goes on...

Great survery Shannon *hugs* You have a friend in me too (from the Fitness post!) Sending you lots of love!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

mmm, wavy tongue-yes, i have that too-but new
      #193958 - 07/10/05 09:36 PM
_Willow

what I do is suck ALL the saliva out of my mouth, and all the air, and clamp down nice and hard. And push my chin up with my hands to fall asleep. Pushing up helps my sinuses drain.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well, Emma... new
      #193959 - 07/10/05 09:38 PM
_Willow

(and BTW I love your name)
I find it really hard to imagine what anxiety and depression are like. i get bouts of both, a week here and there every year or so when it's extreme stress time.

But I see very very serious anxiety with my MIL, and serious depression with my sister.It seems so difficult to be trapped in that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LMAO!! Gag!! new
      #193960 - 07/10/05 09:39 PM
_Willow

They'd taste gamey.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 959 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 109044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review