All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
Auto immune.. new
      #193655 - 07/09/05 01:31 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Yeah, I wonder if our biodies aren't sabotaging themselves, or if it's our world and pollution etc. sabotaging us.

Thanks for the compliment. Wow, I don't know what to say-I've had about 10 of them so far...I sure do love them!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes, migraines, I should have asked! I have them too-when not being a GOOD Heather diet girl. new
      #193659 - 07/09/05 01:48 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have them too often. I have to take meds to stop them from coming. Mine seem triggered by environment (heat & possibly allergies) and stress rather than foods that I eat. They were under control and then when the temps started climbing - they came back to nearly non-stop again.

Yes - I miss tomato sauces so much. They really seem to limit you when you go out too. Not only do I miss how they taste - but it can be frustrating to find a good dish sometimes without cheese and cooked tomato.

Re: Wind-WHOA!!!! new
      #193660 - 07/09/05 01:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I wish I could take allergy meds. for seasonal stuff. I'm itching like crazy and wheezing and my eyes are so RED!!! They all make me hyper, I regret. I basically stay indoors. I can only use sprays and puffers.

You're right re: early life in hospital wards. I've spent months in hospital at a time. Have you? Some people went to Disney Land or to their cottage and I landed in a pediatric ward, often far from home, because there was more high tech. care.

It does alter ones "perspective" and mode of adapting and coping. Without humour and literature and music and art and all those "indoor" sports, I wouldn't have survived!!! One has to be creative in making "captivity" better than tolerable--fun, or at least funny. I admit, though, I have to censor my humour as it can "jade" me and turn quite sardonic.

I stopped being angry at God long ago and just learned to adapt and flow. To resist "nature" is futile. More can be accomplished with acceptance and there is less constriction which causes tension, stress, and further adversity.

Surprisingly enough...I haven't been hospitalized since my early twenties and I only recently celebrated my 31st birthday.

I do wonder, though, "why me?" I figure, though, that it's part of my karmic life lesson and well...journey.

There are a lot of things that will never happen for me and initially I was ENRAGED, and then I grieved and now I am relieved because I would choose a different path, i.e. to be childless, anyways! (I'm infertile)

I'm learning to stop feeling like a "freak." THIS IS SO HARD!!!

Re: H. Pylori/probiotics. I have not found them effective and experience further distress due to probiotics so I don't take them. I've read that cranberry juice is effective. The drug I take for H. Pylori is a drug also used for GERD.

You're amazing, Shannon. I like your spirit and your energy. You've come a long way.

Re: Wind, what are good foods to reverse Osteoporosis? new
      #193661 - 07/09/05 01:55 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Studies I have read show that animal protein and high protein diets cause calcium depletion as animal protein is acid in nature. Basically, all the calcium I consume is from plant sources, and I don't consume soy. Foods high in vitamin K and silica, as well as collegan building foods are bone-builders. I consume my greens.

Re: A little survey for you all....EDITED due to new info! new
      #193682 - 07/09/05 03:45 PM
Leslie123

Reged: 06/12/05

GERD no, asthma no, eczema and migraines yes.

Re: A little survey for you all....EDITED due to new info! new
      #193683 - 07/09/05 04:28 PM
Karen From Kansas

Reged: 07/29/04
Loc: Kansas, obviously

Asthma -- in the past
Allergies -- yes, esp sinus
GERD -- after I eat a lot
HSP -- can be, when feeling depressed
headaches -- yes, but tension
migraines -- only occasionally
acne -- for 20 years, nonstop
anxiety and depression -- yes -- on miracle Prozac
PMDD (severe PMS) -- yes!!!!!!!
Bruxism (tooth grinding) -- badly. I have a $250 bite guard. I also wear retainers and have bit through the wires

SO, I guess I fit in okay, huh?

Still, I am wondering if I have IBS. I think I have slow-transit constipation now, not IBS.

Still, it's a tummy problem.

Karen from Kansas

--------------------
Karen from Kansas
IBS-C for 8 years

I DO have some extra's....might not disappoint so much. new
      #193720 - 07/09/05 08:20 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have GERD, I have a lot of non-IBS unexplained symptoms despite multiple extensive tests to figure out what's wrong, I suspect Fibro but my GP refuses to diagnose it, I DO have GERD and in regards to your other post on sensitivities I've always thought I wasn't a particularly sensitive person however I can tick almost everything on that list. Birds in the morning make me want to go out and screech "SHUT UP" at them, kids in the morning likewise (too bad I have 3 noisies ), night club lights send me into gaga land and at the first sign of an argument with DH I'm running for the toilet faster than he can start yelling! So maybe there's something in it after all

--------------------
Amy

Thank you, that's really touching to me!! new
      #193739 - 07/09/05 11:11 PM
_Willow

I really appreciate your words on my positivity. I feel like I have to be. I'm not at all angry or confused about where I am in life either I appreciate all I ahve so much more. My mom had a baby who died after TWO days alive. And I'm here 29 years later, tyvm!!

I actually believe that everything in life is there to teach a lesson of some sort-and sometimes they are really hard lessons to grasp at first but eventually they will come. To me, the hardest thing to cope with right now, is I'm a very good teacher, I know I am, and all the people I teach for know I am, but I can't get a job because that's just how things ARe right now. And I guess I'm learning patience...but I can't have another child, which I so desperately want, until I get at least semi permanent work. And I don't know when that will come. And we can't buy a house till then either...it's difficult. but I know my lesson in patience, and perseverance are there, and there must be another lesson that I'm not fully getting. When they all make sense to me, I'm just cosmically relieved.

And once I know the lessons completely, I usually advance to a new place in my life. God's neat that way.

It must have been difficult coming to terms with infertility- but as you say, life eventually provides a reason or lesson out of it.

AS for allergies-I use puffers and Otrivin CONSTANTLY and Reactine. I'm naturally hyper so no biggie...but even three a day!WHOA that's a lot for me, and it's just holding the sneeze in my nose, not taking away any irritation at all. And I have about 50 bug bites sending histamines soaring through the bloodstream so meds don't matter anyhow. I' m seriously considering allergy shots again. Can't be this miserable! So I ahve the red puffy overscratched beady eyes, sniffly nose- every time I bend down it runs, sniffles, itchy everything and just plain old BITC#Y!

OK, rant over.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

OMG totally!! new
      #193740 - 07/09/05 11:13 PM
_Willow

Cannot handle my DD in the morning, I have considered buying a gun to KILL the birds, though I'm a nature lover... and fights? DH and I just DO not have them bec. we are both so nervous and hate conflict, and there's very little we find worth arguing over, Thank God!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

tell me about it!! new
      #193741 - 07/09/05 11:14 PM
_Willow

I am currently digesting a tomato pasta.... it was truly one of my favorite favorite things before I knew the GERD and IBS existed in any real sense. Wah!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 109042

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review