All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Whole Foods Bread products
      #192794 - 07/07/05 11:14 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I checked out the bread rack at Whole Foods yesterday - not the counter where you can buy bread sliced or unsliced, but the pre-packaged rack and found some interesting stuff.

There's a line of pre-packaged bread products called "Whole Foods Organic". Some of it is labeled "White" and some "Wheat". The "Wheat" ones contain whole wheat which I avoid, so I didn't check them out, but the "White" ones contain NO HFCS, egg yolks, MSG, or dairy. I found:

Whole Foods Organic White sliced bread (regular sandwich bread)
Whole Foods Organic White Burger Buns
Whole Foods Organic White Hot Dog Buns
Whole Foods Organic White Onion Rolls

I also found:

Whole Foods Organic English Muffins
Whole Foods Organic Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins

Yay! No more HFCS in my hamburger buns.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's awesome! new
      #192797 - 07/07/05 11:19 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

Thanks for the info. I have been avoiding buns since IBS has taken over, this is a great help. It's a bit of a drive, but I'll just get extra and freeze. thanks again, Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Whole Foods Bread products new
      #192841 - 07/07/05 12:30 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I love their English Muffins!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#192871 - 07/07/05 01:27 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I tried their hot dog buns once, but didn't like them. They were REALLY dry! I don't know if I just got a stale bag or what. Did anyone else try them? I'd be willing to try them again if someone else liked them.

#193104 - 07/07/05 09:58 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

I tried the Wild Oats Hamburger bun variety, and I also thought they were ridiculously dry. They were made with Spelt though, maybe that was why?

Also, the breads don't seem to keep as long, assumedly because they have no preservatives??

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

I've now tried the Whole Foods White Onion Rolls (m) new
      #194533 - 07/12/05 09:17 AM
Sand

and they were good. I use them as hamburger (okay, turkeyburger) rolls, so I split and toast them before eating. These, at least, did not seem dry to me.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#194616 - 07/12/05 12:02 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do these breads just come in clear plastic bakery bags? Not like you see in stores? Can you explain what the packages look like?

I couldn't find these at my Whole foods...and the ones they did have had butter in the white bread and eggs in the hamburger buns!

You found these on the wall, by the other pre-packaged bread? what do the wrappers look like? Do they have labels slapped on a clear bag? Or do they look like more standard store brand breads?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#194622 - 07/12/05 12:16 PM
Sand

I just finished off the Onion Rolls and threw away the wrapper, but I'll give it a try. Clear plastic wrapper, printed with logo, name, and ingredients (not a stuck-on label). Just like an actual grocery store bread, like Arnold's 12-grain. I think it has a picture of farmer harvesting wheat. I found them on the rack where they have pita, packaged spelt bread, English muffins, etc. If you find the Whole Foods brand English muffins or pita, you've found the rack I'm talking about. If your store doesn't have them, you could ask about them - I think different stores carry different products, unfortunately. Or email Whole Foods from their Website and ask - you can send my original post along to them.

HTH.

--------------------

Okay, now I'm actually looking at a wrapper (m) new
      #195330 - 07/13/05 04:41 PM
Sand

I bought hot dog buns and hamburger buns today, so I've got wrappers to describe:

Clear plastic bag with colored labels printed on the bags. The labels are basically greyish-blue with brown stripes and blackish-brown printing. There IS a picture of someone on the label, but he seems to be putting bread in an oven, with wheat sheafs next to him. The label says "Whole Foods Organic Breads White Hot Dog Buns or Hamburger Buns".

No egg yolk, no dairy, no HFCS, no MSG.

HTH.

--------------------

Hot Dog Buns new
      #198537 - 07/22/05 09:33 AM
Sand

I've now tried the Whole Foods Organic White Hot Dog buns a couple of times - once fresh out of the package and once frozen, thawed, and heated. They were great both times. Maybe you got a bad package or maybe you tried a different Whole Foods brand? The ones I tried were top-loading and even my DH who, for some strange reason, usually objects to top-loading hot dog buns, really liked them.

I've tried the Burger Buns a couple of times, too, and they were great, also.

--------------------

Sand, I emailed my store.... new
      #198538 - 07/22/05 09:34 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

and they told me they don't carry these product yet...but they are working on it. I emailed them all your posts with some copying and pasting!

Thanks for the time!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Sand, I emailed my store.... new
      #198542 - 07/22/05 09:47 AM
Sand

I'm glad to hear this. When you said you couldn't find them, I was afraid they were being phased out - just as I found them. It's a relief to know they're coming rather than going. I hope your store gets them soon.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2281

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review