All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Essential Oils & Body Cleansing
      #192510 - 07/06/05 10:40 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

While I realize that IBS is a long term situation, I also am seeking more stability. For what scares me most is when I have a NEW symptom. For example, just recently I had the symptom of feeling the need to "go" even after I already just did so! This is such an unpleasant feeling.

Is Immodium the answer? What do people use for such a feeling?

Anyway, the theme of this post is essential oils and cleansing. I am doing the mainstream lousy medical path where the doctor by rote says "eat fiber" and eyes the clock so that our glorious profit motive medical system ensures he/she doesn't give us more than our allocated 9.5 minutes before rushing off to the next client.

However, I have a dear friend whose daughter was born with tremendous physical problems, missing enzymes and horrid chemical unbalances. Finally, last year she was so pumped full of mainstream medicine drugs that she was comotose and mainstream medicine's answer was "put her in a rest home for the rest of her life" (she is 18).

My friend found out about an alternative health center near Salt Lake City that cleanses the body and applies essential oils. She was taken there by ambulance and left after 2 weeks conscious and of her own volition. She is now in the local care of homeopathic doctors. They came to visit me recently, and her daughter WON our Monopoly Game. My friend said "That center literally saved her life".

I am going to try this, perhaps not as a cure for IBS, but to see if it can offer me more than Bentyl and a yawn from the medical establishment. They have a program for IBS. When you go there you are assigned a doctor for 2 solid weeks and they go through an entire program of cleansing and diagnosis. They test your blood and take you through paces. Can it hurt? I hope not. Seems the worst it could do is just flare up a "D" attack, but that's bound to happen with cleansing anyway. Strange thing, but several people have gone through this program that I have met, and they were shocked at what came out of their posterior in the intense cleaning: worms and parasites that made them gag. Supposedly 50% of us have such parasites and do not even know it, since Americans think our food and water is so pure (cue the laugh track, please).

Well, That's my next step - 2 weeks of focus from the alternative medical establishment in a full time clinic. Cost? Probably around $5000. Happily, I am having this paid for by a benefactor who loves me very much.

We must look beyond the mainstream medical establishment because THEY DO NOT HAVE ANSWERS! Yes, we must be very wary because the world is full of con men who will take the dime away from the last cancer patient by offering them false hope. But I have seen what this center has done for a dieing girl, and I am willing to trust them enough to see what they might be able to teach me about my body and seeking a higher stability.

I leave for 2 weeks on 7-25.

Note: I won't give the name of the center because I am not sure that is allowed in this forum and I do not want this post to sound like a commercial, since it isn't! I am just 1 guy trying to find help in a world that is just not set up to help us very well. The other night NBC news was saying how terrible it was that 20 million Americans have asthma. I agree, but indignantly thought "Well, if 20% of Americans have IBS, that translates to 70 MILLION People, but no one brings this up!"

We have to care for ourselves.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Essential Oils & Body Cleansing new
      #192515 - 07/06/05 11:52 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Incomplete emptying is a classic IBS symptom. In my experience, more SFS is the answer...Immodium could actually make it worse by not allowing your BMs to reach the final hurdle! Unless you're just having D, D and more D, in which case, try taking Immodium as a preventative.

We should all be tested for parasites before diagnosis, but it's really difficult to get an accurate result so not many of us are.

#192525 - 07/07/05 01:11 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

That was my biggest problem unitl I learned that SF was the answer to stopping my D. However, even after starting the diet I still had the "urge" every AM. For whatever reason, the D and 90% of the urgency would go away by about 1pm most days. This made it very hard, and over the months much worse to leave the house in the mornings. The only thing that has really helped has been the AD I was put on for anxiety. Yes, I know, Tom Cruise will probably be at my door now to tell me that's all wrong....he can kiss my ... In all seriousness, I used immodium too, to make it through the day but I would get sooo backed up(I'm an A, but mostly on the D side). I haven't touched one in the past 3 months since finding this website and changing my eating habits, but still, nothing has completly taken away the incomplete elimination feeling. I tried Bentyl too, but that didn't help. I agree with you about the medical community. They are a bunch of money hungry idiots that don't give a d... about the patients, for the most part. I had to change insurance companies which meant finding a new GP(needle in a hatstack to find a good one that knows ANYTHING about IBS). The first one I found, I can't stand, very dismissive. However, I did get him to run the tests I needed and refer me to a GI. I actually have my first appt tomorrow. Oh Joy! Anyway, I decided even before I went to see the GP for the first time, that it really didn't matter because I know that the majority is going to be up to me to handle however I can and a decent GI would probably be more important. Goodluck with this program, I hope you'll keep us all poted on how it goes when you are "released". Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Alyson? new
      #192821 - 07/07/05 12:14 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

What AD do you take for the anxiety? I am a C so it might now work for me if C is a side effect. But my current AD is not doing much and need to talk to my doc about a possible alternative.

Thanks

Cyndy.. new
      #192872 - 07/07/05 01:27 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I started on Lexapro, but for insurance reasons, switched to Celexa. It shouldn't be working for me because it's supposed to possibly cause D, but it hasn't for me. It really took away the anxiety. So, for you it may really help. What are you taking now?

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#192909 - 07/07/05 02:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I think this is wonderful and I cannot wait for a report when you return! How fortuante you are to be able to have this experience!

I have found the only way for me with IBS is to keep a strict diet (with the help of my naturopath)!

I cannot wait to hear what comes out of your poo (sorry if that sounds gross...but I want to know if there were worms in there! My best friend and I used to talk about such things...she is in med school now. Maybe one day I'll go to naturopathic school..)...

Anyhow...great news for you! Keep us posted...all the best,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Btw... new
      #192914 - 07/07/05 02:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I'm on Celexa too and if anything I'm more C on it, not D. Side effects are such a personal thing, esp. with a-d's.

#192922 - 07/07/05 02:19 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Anthem - I just lost the dearest of friends due to cancer at the tender age of 43. Please be careful with what you're doing. I don't want to lose anyone else. It's just too painful. Please be careful. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Alicia new
      #192928 - 07/07/05 02:22 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Did it have something to with natural things? If so..I would like to know more..that sounds scary! (Only if you are ok to talk about it, of course...)

Love you *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Linz- Question on Acacia and Incomplete Emptying new
      #192979 - 07/07/05 04:01 PM
Silver

Reged: 10/22/04

Linz, do you recommend the acacia for imcomplete emptying even if you so not have 'd' or 'c'?? lately, ive been having many bm's throughout the day but not 'd' or 'c'. its been driving me crazy so i finally took an immodium to make me stop all together but after reading your post im afraid i made things worse.
thanks for your advice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1866 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2408

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review