All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Maria! Maria! new
      #193426 - 07/08/05 04:29 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Maria,

I feel like I could be your twin. We both have anxiety driven IBS and a tendency to be loners which is made worse by IBS. When I did work, I used to work in a library at the reference desk. I hated it, because you just never knew who was going to walk through that door and what they were going to ask. Anyway, now I stay home with my kids and it's real easy to get isolated. Sometimes I almost wish I worked so I would go out a little more, but it was so hard on my tummy.

I also asked you about buspar a couple of months ago and I wondered if you are still on it and how that is going? In typical fashion, I am anxious and undecided about whether it would be a good thing for me to try. I don't want to feel like I am drugged and I need to be able to drive, etc.

P.S. Sometimes I lurk on the eating and diet board to get ideas about what else I might try eating and I find that I eat a lot of the same things as you too by coincidence!

Laura

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

oh, I agree.... when i'm in an attack, esp a D one... new
      #193461 - 07/08/05 06:51 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm cursing all living things for the torture. but then again, more fodder for the days when I'm not in spasm!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Laura! new
      #193501 - 07/08/05 09:03 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, how have you been doing? It does sound like we have a lot in common! You should post here more often; I'd love to hear what you're eating and how you're managing your IBS. I find posting here builds up my social confidence.

Patrons always have to comment on something, don't they? People are always asking me why I'm wearing a sweater "when it's 80 degrees outside!" (Because I'm inside an air-conditioned building and I have no fat to insulate me!) I also wear a tag that says "Hablo espanol" because we have a large Spanish-speaking population, but one patron thought that meant I couldn't speak English. He just kept saying "jefe, jefe" over and over; I thought he was joking around, but when I said, "I'm sorry, my supervisor's not available, but maybe I can assist you," he replied, "You speak English?!"

I'm still taking 15 mg Buspar everyday and it's really helped me get a grip on my GAD. I'm still working on the panic attacks, but they're getting to be fewer. I don't feel drugged on Buspar; I feel like myself but without the constant worry or on edge/spooked feeling. I have a 50-minute commute each way and I'm doing fine with that. Last week I actually made a 7-hour road trip; my passengers (bf and cousin) said I drove very well. I'm still having some insomnia--a lot of early morning wake-ups--but I'm able to fall asleep. I would still recommend talking to your doctor about it! Have you brought it up with him/her yet?

Good to hear from you again, Laura!

Alesha new
      #193510 - 07/08/05 09:44 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Your post so described me! I too have been lurking here a long time (about a year, just like you) and not posting. I think the main reason I've started posting is because I felt kinda like a weird scary stalker knowing so much about all the people here and not reciprocating.

I've drifted away from my friends for the same reason. They just don't understand -- they think that because I don't have gaping wounds that I'm not really "sick". My relationship with my in-laws is a little tough, too. But, on the plus side, my family is really great about it. They know when to shut up and when to be concerned.

Linz (I think?) posted a new thread awhile back about making friends. What was hysterical about the thread was that several people replied, but to say they had the exact same problem. I literally have no friends anymore except for one, and I never see her. I have no idea how to make new ones, because all I do is work. I don't have time to do classes or extracurricular activities. I have wanted to join a church for a long time, but I can't right now (long unrelated story). I've been at my current job for nearly four years and there's really no one there with whom I can connect. I tend more towards being a loner, so most of the time it doesn't really bother me, but sometimes I just want to be able to call up a girlfriend and go shoe shopping.

Good luck in getting your life a little less lonely. If anything works for you, pass it on to the rest of us -- I think quite a few of us are in the same boat.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: How do you all emotionally cope? new
      #193630 - 07/09/05 12:01 PM
Passion

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Phili, PA

I 100% depend on God and count my good days as days that i live my fullest in. Also, I have a wonderful fiance that helps me and gives me support. there are so many days when i like just beg the Lord to take my life away, but then i realize that i have yet to see the full picture. Everythings gonna be okay, be strong, believe.

--------------------
~*Passion*~
Without Love, where would you be now?

Welcome, Passion new
      #193770 - 07/10/05 07:45 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I too, have had many nights and days where I pray to God to take me home, where I know I will be free from this Earthly pain and suffering.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts, posts, and encouraging words on how you bare with all this.

I'm glad you have such an understanding fiance....IBS is not an easy thing for a loved one to deal with...my family is so tired of me and my "diet" hang ups. Bless his heart! And bless you for sharing!

BTW, Do you have C, D, or A IBS?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review