Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Telling people about IBS, remembering Beavis & Butthead new
      #192806 - 07/07/05 11:47 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

these are some things I typically say to those friends or coworkers or visiting family members. They don't always get it.

1) I'm lactose intolerant and have a problem digesting certain high-fat foods, sugars-like HFCS-and proteins-like those in red meat.
2) I have IBS. IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME! So don't irritate me with your questions!
3) I have a functional bowel disorder I don't wish to discuss.

ROFL. I really like your second "explanation". I'll have to try that one next time someone asks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting very distressed new
      #192949 - 07/07/05 02:45 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Sand,
I would like to try the Acacia, it is very difficult taking a zillion caplets everyday, I'll check out the store and see what Heather's got goin on. The peppermint caps do seem to work, but there are days when I do get a real heavy GERD pepperming in my esophageus and times I don't??? I never really thought about not taking it at night, thanks for that tip. I know soluble fiber is soluble fiber, I wonder why some people can tolerate the citrucel vs the metamucil, vs the acacia......... I will definitely try the fennel tea. Does anyone know what the majority of the SFS everyone on the board takes?? Just wondered.

Also, I had another good night last night.. woo hoo

Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: Getting very distressed new
      #192970 - 07/07/05 03:49 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I think Citrucel has a powder, too - I don't know anything about it, but since you tolerate the caplets, maybe that would be something to try. Just remember - no citrusy, no artificial sweeteners.

Why some people can tolerate one SFS and not others is one of life's great mysteries. An even greater one is why some people cannot tolerate any SFS.

I'm so glad you had another good night. Two in a row!

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Alyson, about Beano new
      #193809 - 07/10/05 09:54 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Do you take it with every meal? Or just the meals that you have certain types of gassy foods, like brocolli or beans?

I wonder if this would help if you took it even when the meal just had some bread or regular veggies that are less gassy since all foods probably cause some gas.

I am leery about beano as it contains mannitol or xylitol in both the liquid and pill form. Why would they put an artificial sweetner that causes gas and GI distress into a product that is suppose to help with gas?

Which form do you take, liquid or pill?

Re: Alyson, about Beano new
      #193827 - 07/10/05 10:49 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I take the caplets and usually only take them with a meal that I know for sure will cause me great gas, like say with a boca burger. I will take them more frequently if I'm having a particullarly bad gassy day. I didn't realize that there was an artificial sweetener in it....hmmm.... that IS interesting, maybe that is why I don't get complete relief????

By the way, how are you feeling???

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review