All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Silly colonoscopy prep question
      #191178 - 07/03/05 06:51 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

So I get to do the prep on July 5. I'm just re-reading the instruction sheet. I'll be going the Fleet phosphosoda route.

Obviously, I can't/won't mix it with any carbonated beverages like it suggests, so I'm wondering what other clear liquid to mix it with.

I had some sort of GI test a lifetime ago when I was 16. I mixed the prep stuff with cherry 7-Up then. You know what? I never had a cherry 7-Up again. So I'm trying to decide what clear liquid I never want to have again.

Like I said, it's silly, but if anyone has any suggestions for this wonderful cocktail, I'd appreciate it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Silly colonoscopy prep question new
      #191181 - 07/03/05 07:11 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I mixed mine with Sprite. I never cared for Sprite before that, and I still don't, but it helped me get it down.

Good luck!

#191182 - 07/03/05 07:31 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

The carbonation didn't make it the prep any worse as far as you could tell? Last time I had a carbonated beverage, I got hit with bad gas the next day, so I'm real leary.

#191183 - 07/03/05 07:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you're leery of carbonated beverages because of Heather's warnings about them, I'd say go ahead and use them during the prep. The prep itself is going to annoy your gut so much that the carbonation and/or HFCS in a soft drink probably won't even register. I'm going to have to do my five-year follow-up colonoscopy later this summer and it's going to be ginger ale all the way for me.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#191185 - 07/03/05 07:43 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Try shaking the carbonation out of the sprite, I've had two and both times I have used pop, because it is sweet and will counter balance the very, very salty taste the PPS has. Hope this helps....

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#191203 - 07/03/05 09:08 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I agree with the other post. You're gonna have gas anyway from the procedure, so you might as well drink something that tastes nice. A sweet soft drink does counteract the saltiness!

#191245 - 07/03/05 12:25 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi!
I agree that the Diet Sprite is the route to go to counteract the unpleasant taste. I normally don't drink carbonated beverages but, in this instance, I think it is okay. Also, be grateful you don't have to drink the Go-Lytely! That was horrible-did anyone else have to do that?! The Fleet did not work well to "clean me out" so I then had to drink all four liters of the Go-Lytely with just water! That makes the Fleet soda taste like candy!

Good luck and take care!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 283 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 971

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review