All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
      #190992 - 07/01/05 10:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

i had the most awful IBS thing ever happen today....just guess!!
I had a gurgly tummy and took some baking soda and water to burp it out, and then had an iced cappuccino.....then the UNIMAGINABLE happened. I had a sudden D attack....and you know...

Please someone make me feel like not a freak for this...I have NEVER had this happen before, or a D attack happen so fast in my life. Best stick around close to home!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! new
      #191000 - 07/01/05 10:35 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Please. With our completely screwed up digestive systems, NOTHING should make you feel like a freak anymore!

Seriously, though... sudden attacks are the pits... hope you feel better quickly!

#191003 - 07/02/05 03:20 AM

Unregistered

Do you think it was triggered by the Cappucino? ICE COLD and CAFFEINE??? The thought gives me tummy ache!!
Judith

#191008 - 07/02/05 05:31 AM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

The thought of the baking soda and water (ugh) would make me gag, but the cappucino (yum) would send me over the edge! lol
Sorry you're not feeling well.....

#191023 - 07/02/05 06:18 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Definitely not a freak. Cream soup, long subway trip for me. With Heather's diet, SFS, Immodium, I'm much, much, much better, but I seriously doubt I'll ever set foot on a subway train again.

I'd definitely vote for the cappucino as the culprit. Even pre-IBS, coffee gave my digestive tract fits.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#191030 - 07/02/05 06:38 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

what was it about yesterday.... I had an awful attack at work- twice- I think it's the coffee/cappu.- at the hospital here they use prune juice followed by coffee as a laxative- I haven't been able to drink coffee in months!! So hope you are feeling better!!

#191033 - 07/02/05 07:00 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Ugh. Yeah, I've been there. It's alarming to say the least. Be good to yourself this weekend!

#191041 - 07/02/05 08:27 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi,
I'm new to posting on this board, but have been reading it for quite a while. I am IBS - C.
It definately must have been in the air yesterday. I was fine, had a little ice cream and before I got back to my room (I live in a retirement home) I was in agony. Ice cream usually doesn't bother me, but being full does so I guess it was just a little too much. I spent the whole day in the bathroom, but lunch was still in the upper portion of my hiatal hernia. Finally last night that left my body. I hate throwing up, but welcomed it last night.
Oh, stress .... I lost my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and yesterday was when we went to the creamatory.
UGH !! Seeing him in a jar didn't help my stomach either.
I am learning a lot from this board, but still have oodles of past posts to read. I feel like I am getting to know some of you already. I plan to participate in this "fecal forum" so... see ya soon.
Carol

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Oh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! new
      #191047 - 07/02/05 09:33 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Definitely! They happen really fast, i.e. within seconds of teeth, tongue, taste buds, salivatory glands connecting with the offender...the stomach juices are just ready for the culprit and VAVOOM!!! (This happened to me last night, incidentally. I had a bite of really really really DARK chocolate and seriously, one bite...I wasn't even done savouring the hunk of yum, the opiate, which is full of saturated fat and well...there is a bit of dairy involved...and was I ever running, while still licking my lips and well...you are not a freak, you are not alone, you are a human being (I emphasize the HUMAN part, dear Shannon) with IBS. I was up all night!

Well Casey-I was serving at Dh's restaurant...and new
      #191057 - 07/02/05 10:25 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

had to excuse myself to go clean out my pants! UGH!!! And this has NEVER happened before! I've had the dang disorder for over a decade!! Stupid bodies.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5654 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review