All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
      #190992 - 07/01/05 10:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

i had the most awful IBS thing ever happen today....just guess!!
I had a gurgly tummy and took some baking soda and water to burp it out, and then had an iced cappuccino.....then the UNIMAGINABLE happened. I had a sudden D attack....and you know...

Please someone make me feel like not a freak for this...I have NEVER had this happen before, or a D attack happen so fast in my life. Best stick around close to home!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! new
      #191000 - 07/01/05 10:35 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Please. With our completely screwed up digestive systems, NOTHING should make you feel like a freak anymore!

Seriously, though... sudden attacks are the pits... hope you feel better quickly!

#191003 - 07/02/05 03:20 AM

Unregistered

Do you think it was triggered by the Cappucino? ICE COLD and CAFFEINE??? The thought gives me tummy ache!!
Judith

#191008 - 07/02/05 05:31 AM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

The thought of the baking soda and water (ugh) would make me gag, but the cappucino (yum) would send me over the edge! lol
Sorry you're not feeling well.....

#191023 - 07/02/05 06:18 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Definitely not a freak. Cream soup, long subway trip for me. With Heather's diet, SFS, Immodium, I'm much, much, much better, but I seriously doubt I'll ever set foot on a subway train again.

I'd definitely vote for the cappucino as the culprit. Even pre-IBS, coffee gave my digestive tract fits.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#191030 - 07/02/05 06:38 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

what was it about yesterday.... I had an awful attack at work- twice- I think it's the coffee/cappu.- at the hospital here they use prune juice followed by coffee as a laxative- I haven't been able to drink coffee in months!! So hope you are feeling better!!

#191033 - 07/02/05 07:00 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Ugh. Yeah, I've been there. It's alarming to say the least. Be good to yourself this weekend!

#191041 - 07/02/05 08:27 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi,
I'm new to posting on this board, but have been reading it for quite a while. I am IBS - C.
It definately must have been in the air yesterday. I was fine, had a little ice cream and before I got back to my room (I live in a retirement home) I was in agony. Ice cream usually doesn't bother me, but being full does so I guess it was just a little too much. I spent the whole day in the bathroom, but lunch was still in the upper portion of my hiatal hernia. Finally last night that left my body. I hate throwing up, but welcomed it last night.
Oh, stress .... I lost my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and yesterday was when we went to the creamatory.
UGH !! Seeing him in a jar didn't help my stomach either.
I am learning a lot from this board, but still have oodles of past posts to read. I feel like I am getting to know some of you already. I plan to participate in this "fecal forum" so... see ya soon.
Carol

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Oh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! new
      #191047 - 07/02/05 09:33 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Definitely! They happen really fast, i.e. within seconds of teeth, tongue, taste buds, salivatory glands connecting with the offender...the stomach juices are just ready for the culprit and VAVOOM!!! (This happened to me last night, incidentally. I had a bite of really really really DARK chocolate and seriously, one bite...I wasn't even done savouring the hunk of yum, the opiate, which is full of saturated fat and well...there is a bit of dairy involved...and was I ever running, while still licking my lips and well...you are not a freak, you are not alone, you are a human being (I emphasize the HUMAN part, dear Shannon) with IBS. I was up all night!

Well Casey-I was serving at Dh's restaurant...and new
      #191057 - 07/02/05 10:25 AM
_Willow

had to excuse myself to go clean out my pants! UGH!!! And this has NEVER happened before! I've had the dang disorder for over a decade!! Stupid bodies.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh for sure....ice cold, caffeine and MILK!! But new
      #191058 - 07/02/05 10:27 AM
_Willow

I have NEVER not made it to the bathroom, or not been aware that my guts have turned liquid!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yep, Total idiot moment...I knew the risks... new
      #191059 - 07/02/05 10:30 AM
_Willow

the baking soda and water is an old family remedy for gas. I guess that alone could have done it. i ahven't taken it in ages. The mere thought makes me gag, but it actually went DOWN.....

but the Iced Capp was pure stupidity. It was hot, and they are SOOOO good!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I don't TOUCH coffee anymore...but the combo of sweet and cold... new
      #191063 - 07/02/05 10:34 AM
_Willow

and the fact that I userd to have them every day and it didn't bother me, and the fact that I was stable, and it's not real coffee, and it's syrup....made me think, "why not just once"...but the real culprit was the MILK. So stupid. i KNOW that dairy sends me to D within a day every time. Soooooostupid. Usually not within 15 minutes though!!!

I'll have you all know it tasted darn good but I sure paid for my sins!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh Carol, poor sweetie.... new
      #191064 - 07/02/05 10:40 AM
_Willow

No KIDDING you are stressed. God, I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for you. I'm not going to pry with questions because I'm sure you would NOT like that right now, but if you need to talk, I'm there for you.

Hang in there, sweetie.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Will do!! new
      #191065 - 07/02/05 10:42 AM
_Willow

um, after I eat this outback food I couldn't finish yesterday. I may be hanging around the house today too!!LOL...I know, I'm a total utter idiot!! I usually don't have a sense of smell or taste, and I never get to eat my favorite outback food, but right now I have BOTH...so.... I will not complain if it happens agian!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

WHOA!!!!! new
      #191066 - 07/02/05 10:45 AM
_Willow

Ok, mine never comes THAT fast! Poor you!! holy doodle. It was in my tummy already, but yep, sucks. You're right, we are human, and sometimes, we just need the sin, you know?? I did my penance-in my car, at the restaurant, unfortunately.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I can totally relate! new
      #191072 - 07/02/05 11:43 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

two weeks ago, I was actually a little C and thought I'd have a cold latte( 'cause I miss them soooooo much) and thought it might not hurt. WRONG!!!!!! ohmygosh, it took me three days to come out of my attack! It was the first time in months that I'd had coffee but I did use soy milk, though I did put I bit of whipped cream on it. I don't know WHAT I was thinking crazy: Just proved to me not to try that again.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Penance new
      #191079 - 07/02/05 01:34 PM
Wind

Over twelve hours have passed, Shannon, and I am still doing my penance...genuflecting in front of the toilet, holding on to my belly. I sure feel like a big bad pot of java, right about now or hitting an expresso bar. I used to love those chocolate covered expresso beans. Nothing like expresso and bittersweet dark chocolate. Alas, I am an IBS sinner and I suspect that I'll still be paying the price until tomorrow, Sunday. Seriously, the chocolate only passed through my lips, like a late night lover and man...it literally melted in my pants!!!I didn't get a chance to really really enjoy the chocolate. It's been so long since I've deviated in the chocolate way. I just had to have it and well...now it's having me. I'm not kidding, when I say some of my triggers only need to make contact with my tongue. Keep all dairy away from me, too. Give me a salad with real dressing or a tsp. of fat and I start thinking of pampers and wet wipes. Immodium isn't strong enough for this nasty, nasty, attacks.
I'm not going to cheat for awhile.

Shannon, you are one brown cow girl, today--n.t. new
      #191080 - 07/02/05 01:36 PM
Wind

Re: Baking soda remedy new
      #191082 - 07/02/05 01:39 PM
Wind

I've heard of it and do it,too. It's supposed to be "alkalizing." I get gurgles, too, incidentally. Baking soda is also good for plugged up drains.

Re: Oh for sure....ice cold, caffeine and MILK!! But new
      #191085 - 07/02/05 01:43 PM
Wind

Shannon, I think now you are initiated. I have not made it to the bathroom. I'm not sure if my worst experience were when I was in elementary school, travelling (especially in China and Poland, and Mexico--oh forgot about Vegas), or University Res.
You feel really beyond humbled and you're whole concept of shame changes drastically when you're saturated in your own bodily fluids. Yes, I know what it's like to have your bowels liquify...

Jeez, girl, you do have it bad!! I took a few buscopan and I'm oK new
      #191144 - 07/02/05 10:35 PM
_Willow

but seriously, wow, my attack was sudden for me but nothing like yours! Whoa dude!!

And I LOVE the way you write! I was LOL!!!You're such a writer...do you write? If you don't , you really ought to!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Exactly... new
      #191145 - 07/02/05 10:36 PM
_Willow

and the Tim hortons Iced capps=- I mean, we have an entire nation addicted to them, and the coffee syrup is as wimpy as my chai tea....but NOOOO!!! I had to have dairy, the retard I am.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

ROTFLMAO!!! new
      #191146 - 07/02/05 10:38 PM
_Willow

I know you mean the drink, but I've been a cow to myself, and sure was BROWN yesterday!!LOL!!!

incidentally, the brown cow is my all time FAVORITE drink!! I like it with a ton of Kahlua!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Unplugged My "pipes!!"LOL!-nt- new
      #191147 - 07/02/05 10:39 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yeah, you know, in a sick sort of way, I finally felt like TRUE A. new
      #191148 - 07/02/05 10:41 PM
_Willow

Like now I know it does switch that fast!! I was C the day before yesterday, not going yesterday till the WHAMMO!
Humbling indeed, and now I feel like a real IBS'er. Sigh!! I don't know whether to feel happy or sad!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh noooooooo! new
      #191156 - 07/03/05 01:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was thinking you were at home! Eeeweee, an accident at WORK. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Yep, and not MY work! I was doing charity serving at my HUSBAND's WORK!! new
      #191481 - 07/04/05 12:25 PM
_Willow

it was mortifyin!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You ladies are HILARIOUS! new
      #191582 - 07/04/05 06:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

i think I'm gonna stick with y'all...I'll be a comedianne in no time

I'm sorry about the attack Shannon. But I must say...I've put things to m y lips and gotten C right away! And D too! It's AWFUL...and to happen at work is DOUBLY AWFUL!

How are you doing today?

P.S. Now I'm craving COFFEE something awful! Such eloquent writing on the wonder of those luscious beans just makes me WANT SOME! Thanks for reminding how un-worth it cheating is!

Love to ya ladies!

Ruch

P.S. Shannon...your pic is GORGEOUS

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Aww, thanks Ruch!! new
      #191625 - 07/04/05 10:25 PM
_Willow

I think Kate and I were having a LITTLE bit of fun there...we're a dangerous duo!

Iw as craving an Ice Capp allllll day today while waiting for my sister's baby girl Sydney to be born!!She's perfect!!

Anyhow, i did, however eat ice cream, chicken fingers and a chicken fajita. mmm hmm, fat is not my biggest trigger, and I have had no IBS today...well, except for big pain...and I had a glass of wine because it's so the most stressful day of my life. going into labour wasn't as stressful as seeing my sis in it!!

I'll share it all when this circus is over. Hugs,
Shan

ps- my BIL is a great photographer!! It's not me, lol....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: You ladies are HILARIOUS! new
      #191655 - 07/05/05 05:40 AM
Wind

Lately, I've been telling myself, "When Life gives you lemons make lemonade." (I prefer limes/lime-ade!) Sometimes I feel pretty literally CRAPPY--but humour gets me through challenging moments. Mind you, often that "humour" often becomes antagonistic and self-defeatist. I reach to my inner court jester when I am festered by foul humour. I think I'm going to be fecund, today! Honestly, Ruchie...everything is going to be okay; life is a restoration comedy, a "divine comedy."

P.S. I know what you mean about the coffee--I get migraines and it really takes the edge off and I AM SO TEMPTED!!! Aaarrrggh.

Re: Shannon new
      #191721 - 07/05/05 08:29 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I just wanted to second what Ruchie said: What a great picture of you! Beautiful!

Sorry to hear about your recent attack.

You and Kate are hilarious! Thanks to you both for helping me relax about this IBS-thing and not take myself so seriously.

Aww, Thanks! new
      #191727 - 07/05/05 08:39 AM
_Willow

Well I find it hard to be serious for too long about a "poop disorder!" Even tho it hurts like hell and is very real to us!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Shannon... new
      #191754 - 07/05/05 09:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...your new pic looks just fab, honey!

Re: Shannon... new
      #191764 - 07/05/05 09:31 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I agree, great picture!!!

Carol

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Everything is going to be okay... new
      #191903 - 07/05/05 01:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

What words!

I don't know if anyone has ever said that to me!

I'm crying...

Is it true? Is it?

I know you wouldn't lie to m (not on purpose)...

Knowing you have made it Kate...helps unconditionally (word..where is it...you know what I'm trying to say!)

Thank you Kate...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Aww, thanks Ruch!! new
      #191906 - 07/05/05 01:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

You ARE GORGOUES! No phtographer could make you look that good...sorry!!!

Awwwwwwww...I'm so glad yo got to be there for your sister...and that all those yummy things didn't upset your tummy too much!

how are you today? Still dreaming of a capp? I'm dreaming of choc layer cake and a frappacino *sigh* I will have NEITHER unless I want to be positively ill!

You and Kate are a regular comedic team! Let us know when the live performance is...I want front row seats!

have a super, tummy feel-good day!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#192007 - 07/05/05 06:21 PM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

Shan,

Great new photo. Didn't even recognize you-gorgeous darling!!

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 924 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review