All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does anyone out there feel as I do?
      #189009 - 06/24/05 07:57 PM
zimineycricket

Reged: 06/24/05

I feel this disease has ruined my life. I long for the days when I did not worry about my "belly". Just today I had to go home from work from yet another attack. For over a month now I was also planning on going to a baseball game with my fiance. Now he is there and I'm at home alone, again. I've changed my diet, I've created routines and still at the most inopportune times the pain is so intense I feel as if someone is stabbing me in the gut. Am I alone?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone out there feel as I do? new
      #189012 - 06/24/05 08:23 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

You definitely are not alone. I felt the way you described for such a long time. I also felt like I was letting everyone down, and that people just didn't understand how sick I really was. In those moments of your worst attacks when you just want to be alone, you sometimes wish you could have everyone there to see what it is really like so they might understand somewhat what you are going through. Since I have found this website it has lifted some of that doom of an attack. Just knowing that there are other people out there who experience what I do, feel my pain and help as much as they can makes you feel soooooo much better. It also erases some of the fear that you might be crazy and that maybe this isn't as bad as you feel it is or maybe it is all in your head like other people think. This website makes everything real, and treats you for what you have a REAL medical problem. The best thing to get you started is to go through all the info here and there is a ton of it. You will find lots of "quick fix, one pill does all" solutions on the internet but none will compare to the advice of people on here that have been there and done that and truly know what it is like. Following the Eating for IBS diet and reading Heather's books has helped me tremendously so I would suggest you do that ASAP.
Take Care and keep posting!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#189023 - 06/24/05 09:29 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

No you are not alone! IBS has crippled me for years. I have isolated myself for so long that even though I am somewhat stable right now the fears of "what if" still make me avoid many daily situations. I only went/go where I know I can get to a bathroom right away. I've quit jobs, avoided many family functions etc. etc. When my spasms hit I just crawled in my own little world and suffered alone. I'm not alone and neither are you. Please know that there is support here and that things have gotten better for lots of people around here and that gives me hope. I'm new to this place too and am trying hard to fight my demons of isolation daily. I just spent a week teaching Vacation Bible School and that would not have been possible 2 months ago. Good luck and hang in there........

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Been there, done that...got out of it! new
      #189048 - 06/25/05 01:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was sooooo ill with IBS before I found Heather...it was totally sending me down the tube! After I found Heather, I switched SFSs to Acacia (I was on an AWFUL one ), followed the diet very strictly AND took my meds (the main one being Immodium as a daily preventative)...after 6 months I was stable and happy!

#189055 - 06/25/05 04:26 AM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

It will get better...I'm kind of new at this even though I've been around here for a year now....Acacia and being careful of what I eat has helped me the most. Good luck.
Judy

#189081 - 06/25/05 09:13 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

No, you're not alone. I felt that way for a couple of years. So many plans got canceled, I stopped making them. I spent most of my time at home. Then, almost a year ago, I found this Website. Heather's guidelines have worked wonders for me and I sincerely hope they'll work for you, too.

In fact, I smiled at your Board name because yesterday, after having a more active week than I've had in ages, I told my husband that I'm becoming a "real girl" again.

Welcome to the Boards.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 864 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review