All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anybody visit this site for IBS? It's Chinese herbs for IBS and it (m)
      #188469 - 06/22/05 07:39 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

sounds interesting. Expensive but interesting. Here is the link: http://beyondwellbeing.com/ibs/qixu.shtml

Also anyone try acupuncture or Reiki for IBS symptoms? I saw an ad today in a newspaper and it lists digestive problems as one of the things they treat.

Just curious about some of this stuff.
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody visit this site for IBS? It's Chinese herbs for IBS and it (m) new
      #188473 - 06/22/05 07:54 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Never done the herbs, but I just started seeing a naturopath who is also does energy healing,etc. My dietician does also. It's very interesting. I've only seen the naturopath once, but I go again the first wk of July. Should be interesting to see where it leads!

#188483 - 06/22/05 08:55 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi there,
I am a Reiki healer and although I cured my arthritis, I have not been successful in curing my IBS mainly because I had to adjust myself to a proper diet and find out all my trigger foods. Now that I know what food triggers my IBS I dont take them and in this way I am normal. You could try Reiki as I have full faith in it. Jenny

#188491 - 06/22/05 09:35 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yeah I found this site a while back and read it through - mostly it piqued my interest because my tounge definitely looks like some of those pics (i.e. with the teeth marks in teh side, light film on top.) But I don't really have access to a Chinese herbalist or any of the treatments they recommend so I've never really gone anywhere with it. Interesting site though!

#188542 - 06/23/05 06:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's a thread where I talk about my experience with accupuncture a little bit. Maybe if Inusrat actually tried this, she can give us an update.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

OH MY GOD ! new
      #188567 - 06/23/05 08:42 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Thats exactly what my tongue looks like!!!!! I've always wondered what those teeth marks are!! woooo hooo!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: ME TOO! Mystery solved! new
      #188652 - 06/23/05 01:19 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Those teeth marks can get very deep and very painful. Makes it hard to talk. Any solutions?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: ME TOO! Mystery solved! new
      #189224 - 06/26/05 09:53 AM
alstone

Reged: 06/26/05
Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Hiya everybody.

I'm the guy who wrote all those articles on IBS at http://beyondwellbeing.com/ibs/

I don't want to come here and promote products or sales or anything, I understand how these forums need to remain free of commercial announcements.

Still, Retrograde's post brought to my attention one weakness in my articles, that people couldn't get to the formulas that were mentioned.

For this reason, whenever Chinese herbal formulas are mentioned now at my IBS pages, one can click on them which takes you to a paypal purchase opportunity.

I've also made it so you can get one week's worth rather than a minimum of one month's worth of the herbs. That lowered the price, though some of these chronic conditions will take closer to a month than a week before one sees improvement.

I've avoided that for years (my first IBS article went up in 1996!) because I feel it takes away from the credibility of the article (trying to sell something on the same page), but then I run into remarks such as the one that began this thread and I realize that I need to help people find these formula.

So, anyway, its easier to obtain these formulas now. Hope they work out for you.

Also, in regards to Reiki for IBS. I'm a reiki practitioner too and I find that it works best for the Qi stagnation type IBS which is often stress induced or aggravated. Most of the IBS that I treat falls under this category.

Be well, all.

-al.

--------------------
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Edited by alstone (06/26/05 10:14 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1057

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review