All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
excellent points ladies! -nt new
      #188609 - 06/23/05 10:57 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yep I went 4 times before 1:00 last night- but I am happy to do it if I feel better all around- nt new
      #188610 - 06/23/05 11:00 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

silly horse example post again new
      #188612 - 06/23/05 11:06 AM
Little Minnie

We often used to make homemade electrolytes for horses after hard work. It was a package of jello, a lot of salt and maybe something else I can't remember? in a bucket of water. The sugar is important but I like the idea of the orange juice in that recipe. That should be the closest thing to sugarless safe electrolyte.
I received a free packet of PowerBar endurance drink mix. It contains maltodextrin, dextrose, fructose, citric acid, sodium, magnesium, potassium, citrate, flavor, turmeric. I am going to try it soon and see how I do.

--------------------

"Smart Water" new
      #188615 - 06/23/05 11:11 AM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

If you are looking for electrolytes without the sweetness, try Smart Water . It takes just like "regular" bottled water, but has added electrolytes.

That company also makes Vitamin Water, and Fruit Water both of which are safe for IBS (I think--the Vitamin Water and Fruit Water contain Chrystaline Fructose, and I'm not sure about that). But, regardless, the Smart Water contains only electrolytes and it not sweetened at all.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

I'm in....sure I'd look like a dork, but new
      #188634 - 06/23/05 12:12 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

hey, the H2O factor is CRUCIAL in making my marbles into logs!! I can guarantee the more I drink, the more I poop! 9Unless I have a D day, LOL!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You all really drink 128 oz of water a day? new
      #188639 - 06/23/05 12:29 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I think I would be sick! I'm a C person, but I belch and get full very easily. I think if I drank this much, I would have no appetite for any food!

How do you drink this much and not get overly full for meals? I feel stuffed all the time.

Re: You all really drink 128 oz of water a day? new
      #188640 - 06/23/05 12:35 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I do actually get pretty full when I drink a full glass of water. But it doesn't last long. I don't chug a glass before meals, but I do it a lot in between meals and it keeps me from snacking when I don't really need to and just kind of makes me feel better overall. Water definitely doesn't kill my appetite!! (I think only death will do this.)

--------------------

Sip, sip, sip! new
      #188648 - 06/23/05 01:00 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If I sat down and drank a full glass of water, I'd feel like a balloon! So I don't do that. I start drinking when I wake up, and I always have a drink with me at all times, and I just keep drinking all day.

I don't always get 128oz, but I definitely always drink more than 64oz... that little water would leave me feeling "funny"... not exactly dehydrated, but just kinda off.

This is defintely key! new
      #188651 - 06/23/05 01:18 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I get awfully full if I drink a glass in one go (it can actually cause GERDs attacks or cramps if it's at all cold), but sipping, I can quite happily drink a few glasses at a time.

Thank you, I'd forgotten about this!
      #188656 - 06/23/05 01:23 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

My own is always very rough...a recipe is great! Now if only I can find some potassium powder to add in, I'll be sorted!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2006 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review